Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

yeah if you can get out of your comcast contract, look into directv. you can get a directv 6 month contract for like $50 a month.. and then their sports package ($12 a month extra) includes every gopher hockey game..

Comment

Don Lucia's long road to 600 wins

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...tml?page=1&c=y
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        If he got rid of Hill sooner it wouldn't have been so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          If he got rid of Hill sooner it wouldn't have been so long.
          Agree 100%!

Also, here is Michael Russo's predicted order of finish in the WCHA:

2012-13 WCHA season preview

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...174875071.html
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            And Don Lucia has a lot more gas in the tank as well. He's 4th among active D1 coaches in wins behind York (BC), Parker (BU), Berenson (Mich.). My guess is he'll be close, if not over 900 by retirement.

Comment

Defensemen playing 4th line forward. Not liking it & not necessary.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Congrats to Coach Lucia on his 600th win tonight!

Nice to see the Gophs bounce back and play the way they should be, lots of hustle tonight the forecheck was keeping Tech bottled up for long stretches. It wore them down in the 3rd and Ambroz capitalized, great effort.
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                  Congrats to Coach Lucia on his 600th win tonight!

Nice to see the Gophs bounce back and play the way they should be, lots of hustle tonight the forecheck was keeping Tech bottled up for long stretches. It wore them down in the 3rd and Ambroz capitalized, great effort.
                  Honestly, it was pins and needles for me watching tonight's game. An MTU sweep would have been mortifying, given there's no doubt the Huskies have big time potential this season to knock good teams off their skates.

I felt much better about having Parenteau back on D too, he played good enough and I certainly hope they can find a more permanent place on the backline for him. He's a physical kid with good hockey sense and plays bigger than his size.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                    Honestly, it was pins and needles for me watching tonight's game. An MTU sweep would have been mortifying, given there's no doubt the Huskies have big time potential this season to knock good teams off their skates.

I felt much better about having Parenteau back on D too, he played good enough and I certainly hope they can find a more permanent place on the backline for him. He's a physical kid with good hockey sense and plays bigger than his size.
                    Me too! Although other than hitting an empty net they could not have played the last two minutes much better.

MN was much smarter about dumping the puck v. carrying it into the zone thus minimizing blue turnovers and reducing the ungodly amount of odd man MTU had Friday night. They were also much better supporting the puck in the offensive zone and keeping one forward high to backfill for the D. Both these equaled much better forechecking Saturday night. Solid game and nice adjustments.

I suspect Parenteau not playing is mostly early season experimentation. As the season progresses he will be in the lineup. Nothing wrong with some early season juggling to the young guys into games.
                    Last edited by Greyeagle; 10-21-2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Rollercoaster again this year. 1st weekend the highest of highs. Second weekend a whisker from a possible low point.

Hopefully Lucia and the players learned something this weekend.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Please welcome Jack Glover.

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
                        #gophers hockey: Per sources, Jack Glover, a defenseman from the U.S. Under-17 team, has committed. Likely to enter U in 2014

Comment

“@AndyJohnsonB5Q: Big day for the Gophs. I'm told not only did @JackGlover8 commit, but so did NTDP U17 teammate @Ryan_Collins4. Both played at BSM last year.”
                          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I thought Mike Reilly looked every bit the part of a freshman D experiencing his first WCHA play. Man, did he stand out as the worst player on the ice all weekend. Just gross. Nowhere to go but up, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                              I thought Mike Reilly looked every bit the part of a freshman D experiencing his first WCHA play. Man, did he stand out as the worst player on the ice all weekend. Just gross. Nowhere to go but up, I guess.
                              I noticed Alt a lot more than M Reilly. I also thought Alt looked pretty meh against MSU too. It just didn't look as bad because they smoked MSU.

I was very nervous even after the Gophers took the lead last in the Saturday game. Tech played well. That was a hard earned split after sucking on Friday. There will be more bumps along the way like Friday, but splitting on the road is not all bad and Tech is not a bad team.
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                                Alt hung him out to dry more than once. Why is a guy like Alt pinching when he has Reilly on the other side? Parenteau never makes that mistake.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X