Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Bjugs gets WCHA player of the week.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...101612aaa.html

University of Minnesota forward Nick Bjugstad, who scored both game-winning goals while boosting the host and top-ranked Golden Gophers to a season-opening sweep over visiting Michigan State last weekend, has been named the Red Baron® WCHA Offensive Player of the Week for October 16.

Centering Minnesota's top line that included left winger Kyle Rau and right winger Christian Isackson, Bjugstad led the trio to a combined for nine scoring points over the weekend. A 6-6, 220-pound junior from Blaine, Minn., and a draftee of the NHL's Florida Panthers, Bjugstad notched the game-winning goal and added an assist in defending MacNaughton Cup champion Minnesota's 5-1 victory over Michigan State last Friday (Oct. 12) night at Mariucci Arena, earning First Star of the Game honors. He then came back on Saturday (Oct. 13) to again tally the game-winner as Minnesota completed the sweep of the Spartans with a 7-1 triumph.

An All-WCHA First Team and All-American Second Team honoree a year ago, Bjugstad also fired five shots on goal in the series and earned a +4 plus/minus rating. The two-point night last Friday was his 17th career multi-point game, with Minnesota holding a 14-1-2 record in those games while his two game-winners upped his collegiate total to six winners. In 71 collegiate games, Bjugstad has 35 goals, 30 assists and 65 points.

The award marks Bjugstad's second career WCHA Offensive Player of the Week honor. The forward also earned the distinction as a sophomore on Nov. 1, 2011 after factoring into five goals in a Minnesota home-and-home split with St. Cloud State that included his first career hat trick. Bjugstad has also previously earned a pair of WCHA Rookie of the Week honors in 2010-11.

The WCHA also named Colorado College's Mike Boivin as the Red Baron® WCHA Defensive Player of the Week and Minnesota Duluth's Austin Farley as the Red Baron® WCHA Rookie of the Week.

Minnesota opens WCHA play this weekend with a two-game series at Michigan Tech.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Where's the Gopher-MTU thread for this week?

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
        Where's the Gopher-MTU thread for this week?
        The road trip thread is kind of the series thread, also.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          The road trip thread is kind of the series thread, also.
          Okey dokey, you guys have a safe journey. And don't forget your keys Brent or better yet have a designated holder.

Comment

Okey dokey, you guys have a safe journey. And don't forget your keys Brent or better yet have a designated holder.
            As soon as I arrive at bbdl's, my keys will remain in my bag.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              As soon as I arrive at bbdl's, my keys will remain in my bag.
              Your liver may never forgive you...
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                Bjugs gets WCHA player of the week.
                What's the over/under on how many times this will happen this season?
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                  Your liver may never forgive you...
                  I'm a seasoned vet of Houghton. It's the rookies I fear for.

Comment

Go Gophers!!!

This is good, but the full length one they did a couple of years back on FSN was spine tingling ( I am easily amused ) Where can I find that one? I MUST show that to my seven year old. Thanks.
                    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Gophers getting ready to hit road for WCHA play

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/174643511.html

Comment

So I haven't posted on USCHO in over 10 years but I thought now might be the time. I just moved from Minnesota to Texas and it's rough finding a way to watch college hockey. My girlfriend and I have cable at home...not satellite, and getting a Texas bar to change a channel from college football to college hockey....well you know. So I'm down to trying to find anywhere that might stream gopher hockey games online, which I'll probably have to pay for but that's no big deal. According to what I read the Gopher All-Access only does highlight clips. So....anyone who knows anyway to watch Gopher hockey online I would really appreciate the help! Thanks!
                        "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" -V. Jones

Comment

Originally posted by CRAZYMIKE View Post
                          So I haven't posted on USCHO in over 10 years but I thought now might be the time. I just moved from Minnesota to Texas and it's rough finding a way to watch college hockey. My girlfriend and I have cable at home...not satellite, and getting a Texas bar to change a channel from college football to college hockey....well you know. So I'm down to trying to find anywhere that might stream gopher hockey games online, which I'll probably have to pay for but that's no big deal. According to what I read the Gopher All-Access only does highlight clips. So....anyone who knows anyway to watch Gopher hockey online I would really appreciate the help! Thanks!
                          Welcome back!

This is probably your best bet, it's the FSN directors cut and it is live streaming, though you have to watch it from about 9 different camera angles. The only full live game you will get with Gopher all access the rest of the year will be the US under18 game otherwise the directors cut is the way to go for live streaming.

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/pages/...key_livestream
                          sigpic

Comment

Along with preferring to stay close to family, CRAZYMIKE's situation is one of the two big reasons why this retired guy chooses not to move South over the winter months! I've come to realize that I like Gopher hockey more than golf and warm weather!

Comment

Thank Driftryder! I'll take what I can get down here. D2D, it's worse than you think...I moved because of my girlfriend!! If there is a silver lining we're already talking about moving back to
                              Minnesota in the future, but boy did I pick the wrong season to miss most of the games
                              "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" -V. Jones

Comment

Originally posted by CRAZYMIKE View Post
                                Thank Driftryder! I'll take what I can get down here. D2D, it's worse than you think...I moved because of my girlfriend!! If there is a silver lining we're already talking about moving back to
                                Minnesota in the future, but boy did I pick the wrong season to miss most of the games
                                Mike, I would strongly suggest you get DirecTV. I just moved to Virginia from Massachusetts per my employment situation being 100 times better down here. I had Comcast in both places. In Mass. I could watch the Gophs every night on cable essentially. I made the switch in time down here for the Sparty series. Their packages are pretty reasonable pricewise and you get FSNorth with the sports pack.

Comment

Working...
                                X