Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Someone has a serious boner for Union. They lose 4-1 at home to Merrimack in front of nearly 2100 rabid fans and they get a first place vote?
    I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
    -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Also it appears that the odd man out is Blake Thompson - I don't believe he saw any ice time this past weekend, or did he even dress? What are the chances that he will either (a) be redshirted or (b) announce that he's transferring to another school (like Sam Lofquist did a few years back)?
      Read somewhere Lucia said he may be redishirted.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        Read somewhere Lucia said he may be redishirted.
        He wants to redshirt him. Effectively he is. It's why he didn't play against Lethbridge.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ski View Post
          Becky dropped like a rock too.
          I hope they can find that chemistry that allows them to continue this trend consistently throughout the season.
          "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Congrats to A.J. Michealson on his scholarship.

Three days before his son, Michael Nanne, died last month after a long battle with brain cancer, the Michael Nanne Endowed Scholarship was created. It will lead to an annual scholarship for a student-athlete on the Gophers’ men’s hockey team.

Lou Nanne said the endowment has received many generous donations already, and that the first scholarship will go to Gophers forward A.J. Michaelson, a freshman from Apple Valley that Nanne says happens to be good friends with Michael Nanne’s daughter, Lauren.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
              Congrats to A.J. Michealson on his scholarship.
              This really must be a financial donation and not the true creation of a scholarship. Otherwise all donations would go toward creating scholarships to improve a programs competitive advantage and they'd be limitless.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                This really must be a financial donation and not the true creation of a scholarship. Otherwise all donations would go toward creating scholarships to improve a programs competitive advantage and they'd be limitless.
                The Michael Nanne Endowed Scholarship is an official UM academic scholarship awarded annually to a Gopher men's hockey student-athlete and is distributed through the Golden Gopher Fund with direct oversight by AD Teague. This year's recipient, Gopher forward A.J. Michealson, was announced at the annual Golden Gopher Fund banquet last Sunday.

Comment

Go Gophers!!!

Comment

The Michael Nanne Endowed Scholarship is an official UM academic scholarship awarded annually to a Gopher men's hockey student-athlete and is distributed through the Golden Gopher Fund with direct oversight by AD Teague. This year's recipient, Gopher forward A.J. Michealson, was announced at the annual Golden Gopher Fund banquet last Sunday.
                    I'm guessing this is a fancy way of saying its a monetary donation equal to the cost of a scholarship and not a true incremental scholarship.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

I just wanted to congratulate Minnesota on being named College Hockey Weekly's Team of the Week for Week 1...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/T...-the-Week.html

The Gophers were also the unanimous choice at #1 for the CHW Power Rankings
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Go Gophers!!!

Yup!!

Comment

Go Gophers!!!

Nice! Lets go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            I'm guessing this is a fancy way of saying its a monetary donation equal to the cost of a scholarship and not a true incremental scholarship.
                            Athletic scholarships at the University of Minnesota are mainly funded through donations not tax dollars, and are dispersed through the Golden Gopher Fund as a fund raising resource of the AD. I'm not sure, but A.J. is most likely on a partial, not a full-in-aid athletic scholarship, so the Nanne academic scholarship would offset the balance of his school bill and expenses. I've received both financial academic awards and scholarships and the stipulations do vary considerably. A full-in-aid athletic scholarship is incrementally guaranteed to cover tuition, fees, books and room and board increases. The Nanne scholarship is most likely a fixed dollar amount with annual incremental increases based upon funding availability only (you're right, no guarantee), and awarded based upon financial need, academic standing and a recommendation by Don Lucia approved by the AD.

Comment

Go Gophers!!!

Pretty good, but I could do without seeing the yahoo in the gold lame pants and face paint.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                Pretty good, but I could do without seeing the yahoo in the gold lame pants and face paint.
                                I posted that on Facebook too.
                                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X