Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Look forward to seeing Grimaldi take Bjugstad out of the handshake line this year.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Lethbridge just isn't that good this year. They had played 6 games prior to this 3 game exhibition stretch, and I think they only managed 1 or 2 wins. So they should have been fresh for the first 2 nights of games and the UNO game should of been the big blow out if there was going to be one based on being tired/travel/etc.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
        Dirty, most of the time your quips are at least somewhat amusing and relevant, but I have to say it warms my heart when you step up to the plate, take a swing, and whiff completely like you did here. There's so many things that could be said aboutther level of stupidity regarding your statement, but I think Slap Shot pretty much hit the nail on the head, squarely and succinctly. Enough said. Now kindly go back to your mom's basement and keep quiet.
        fyp

Comment

Freshmen preview from Gophersports, Brady Skjei

http://www.gophersports.com/blog/201...ady-skjei.html

After two seasons with the U.S. National Team Development Program, Brady Skjei was able to achieve one of his dreams when the New York Rangers selected him in the first round (28th overall) in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

This weekend, he'll take on another dream when he laces up his skates for the first time as a Golden Gopher.

We recently caught up with Brady.

Being from Lakeville, what does it mean to be a Golden Gopher?
          "It is awesome! I have been dreaming of it since I was a little kid. I can not wait for the season to start."

What did you learn or take from the experience from the U.S. National team Development Program?
          "The experience went very well. I think it made me a much better player. I don't think I would be the guy I am today if it was not for that program, I have nothing but good things to say."

With the USNTDP you were able to win the gold medal at World Under 18 Championship. Thoughts....
          "It was awesome! It was four-in-a-row for our program, so it was big. We worked two years for that goal, so getting it was awesome."

You were selected by the New York Rangers in the first round of the NHL draft. Personally, what does it mean to be a first rounder?
          "It is a dream come true, but it is all about what you do after the draft. I am focused on this year."

Did you pick up any tips at Rangers development camp?
          "The coaches taught me some things for sure, but just to experience New York City was a good time."

Best part about being a defenseman is...
          "I like taking the puck up the ice and seeing everyone in front of you, that is my favorite part."

Favorite pregame meal?
          "Chicken parmesan for sure."

If you were not playing hockey, what sport would you be playing?
          "I would probably play football. My family all played football. My grandpa and uncle played (at Minnesota). I used to be a quarterback in Lakeville, so I would say football."
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

Bjugstad is true to the U

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...173584811.html
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

It's been a while since a thread like this faced page 2. It means the season is heating up and fans across the board are out. Good times!!

Comment

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/Gopher%20rock_zpse2acbad3.jpg******

Comment

*****https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/65914_1498152566848_2372247_n.jpg******.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Did Harley just say he wants to get it on with the Rock?
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Did Harley just say he wants to get it on with the Rock?
                      No. By the way, is that your HS pic? Very prepeeee....

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                        No. By the way, is that your HS pic? Very prepeeee....
                        People who get pumped up by The Rock are usually 14 and have issues they take out on their neighbor's cat with a BB gun.

And the fact you don't know who that is doesn't surprise me... he must not run a big pro-motorcycle campaign
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          People who get pumped up by The Rock are usually 14 and have issues they take out on their neighbor's cat with a BB gun.

And the fact you don't know who that is doesn't surprise me... he must not run a big pro-motorcycle campaign
                          I don't know what you're talkin' about. Better check the post again. I believe I asked you about your lame High School prepeee... looking mug shot you're using as an USCHO avatar. Thanks for proving how dumb a person can be and still breathe.
                          Last edited by HarleyMC; 10-13-2012, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Who cares about the WWE? Seriously...

Of course it isnt like there was a game or anything to talk about where the Gophers smoked MSU
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Who cares about the WWE? Seriously...

Of course it isnt like there was a game or anything to talk about where the Gophers smoked MSU
                              Euroclown brought it up... Fantastic game tonight, only question marks are what will Wilcox look like in goal tomorrow night and will the Gophers respond with the same effort for a complete 60 minutes? They coasted on their lead in the third period last night and gave away scoring chances to Sparty.

Comment

Fasching looked very good against UND last night. Very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X