Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Team parties don't appear to be working out well lately for WCHA teams.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      Bummer

I was looking forward to seeing him play, heard he has some wheels and can score. At least we do have some depth this year.

Edit: A positive spin on this, wow that class next year (I know not technically in that class) just got even better.
      Last edited by Driftryder; 09-20-2012, 01:26 PM.
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        I see the depth is already paying off. That's a shame though. Always hate to see this stuff happen.
        Agreed. I know some people thought that Connor was going to have a great season this year, but fortunately for Minnesota they have plenty of depth in that area and likely won't feel too much an effect. Either way though, tough loss. Hope he heals quick and has a great year next year.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
          **** that tv schedule! My cable doesn't have the Plus channel so I would get 17 of 39 games. God, that ****'n sucks!
          I wonder how many early games are on the regular channel if the NHL lockout lasts awhile? I assume some are for Wild games.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
            That's all going on in the Whioux's thread. Why contaminate our thread if we can keep it contained over there.
            Wasn't asking for it, just surprised it wasn't talked about here.

And bummer about Reilly. The article said 6 foot, 170 lbs, is that right? For some reason I thought he was shorter.

Comment

Bjugs "The Man Beast" gets ready for a video shoot at Mariucci today.

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/Bjugs_zps1653127b.jpg******

Comment

Nice!

Let's get the season going now.

Comment

Too bad Bjugstad has such a wimpy shot....
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Do you guys think Condon will move up to wing on Haula's line or anchor the third line? It would be nice to have the depth down the middle with Bjugstad, Haula, and Condon, but unless someone really breaks out (Warning, Ambroz, Boyd) the second line isn't looking the strongest with the exception of Haula. What do you guys think? Have two really good lines or one really good line and two solid ones?

Comment

Originally posted by as15 View Post
                      Do you guys think Condon will move up to wing on Haula's line or anchor the third line? It would be nice to have the depth down the middle with Bjugstad, Haula, and Condon, but unless someone really breaks out (Warning, Ambroz, Boyd) the second line isn't looking the strongest with the exception of Haula. What do you guys think? Have two really good lines or one really good line and two solid ones?
                      With Warning and Haula playing together and Condon and Boyd playing together last year, I guess I would try to keep those guys together again if possible. Then throw in Ambroz Isaackson Horn Michaelson Reilly Marshall (rumors) around and see who fits best. Although bringing Condon up with Haula on the 2nd line is a nice option as well.

It's nice to have depth, it would have been really nice to have Connor's services this year, such is college life.
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                        With Warning and Haula playing together and Condon and Boyd playing together last year, I guess I would try to keep those guys together again if possible. Then throw in Ambroz Isaackson Horn Michaelson Reilly Marshall (rumors) around and see who fits best. Although bringing Condon up with Haula on the 2nd line is a nice option as well.

It's nice to have depth, it would have been really nice to have Connor's services this year, such is college life.
                        I like what you did there

Comment

From Roman's blog:

When Gophers junior Nick Bjugstad announced he was returning to the U this fall in mid-summer, it meant coach Don Lucia could put his top line back together. But will he?

At Friday's practice, Nate Condon was skating with Bjugstad and Zach Budish on the maroon line. Obviously, who skates together in a September practice probably does not mean much. Coaches juggle lines a lot, especially early in the season or if they are not clicking.

But it was interesting to see who was paired with who. Rau, Bjugstad and Budish were together all last season. And Rau, no matter who he is with, could still be on the top power play with Bjugey.

In the last two weeks of September, coaches can only be on the ice with their teams for two hours. The first official practice is 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 6. ... Head coach Don Lucia was blowing the whistle at Friday's practice.

Here are Friday's lines at Mariucci:

Maroon/ Condon-Bjugstad-Budish ... Condon is one of the fastest skaters on the team, a breakaway threat. He is bigger than Rau. Condon and Taylor Matson, who has gone, were the Gophers top two penalty killers last season. So he is a valuable player who has probably eared a look on the top line after playing on the third line last season.

Gold/ Kyle Rau-Erik Haula-Christian Isackson ... Haula was the second line center last season and, with a late scoring surge, finished as the team's top scorer. Rau played on the top line. Isackson bounced around. ... Rau and Haula could be magic together. ... Isackson played only 10 games last season as a freshman and was scoreless. He will get some points this season if he is on the line with these two.

Black/ Sam Warning-Travis Boyd -Seth Ambroz ... Warning showed flashes last season and has speed. ... Boyd played his best near the end of the season. ... Ambroz, who came in last season as a freshman with high expectations last season, could become a bigger contributor this season.

Blue/ Tom Serratore-A.J. Michaelson-Ryan Reilly ... Serratore is the most gritty guy among the forwards. He is paired with two freshmen.

Grey/ Jared Larson-Christian Horn ... Pretty sure that was Horn, No. 18, but I wrote down No. 12, who is defenseman Justin Holl. Maybe I need new glasses. Larson red-shirted last season and is a sophomore in eligibility; Horn is a freshman.

OBSERVATIONS FROM BEHIND THE GLASS

* The highlight of the practice was two huge hits within seconds of each other. Defenseman Seth Helgeson made the first near center. He checked a teammate into the boards and the sound shook Mariucci. Then defenseman Blake Thompson made a big hit along the boards. Same volume. ... Then the 6-4 Helgeson adn 6-2 Thompson skated off the ice together, their work done. The pair side by side reminded me of the Bash Brothers in the Mighty Ducks movies.

* Boyd scored on a nice rebound and raises his stick.

* The scoreboard at Mariucci looks ready, but seems to be hanging low.

* Asked where the fourth goalie was. There were only three at practice. Found out freshman Matt LaPrade is injured. ... Freshman Ryan Coyne was added to the roster late to replace LaPrade. Coyne, who is 6-1, 195 and played high school hockey at Maple Grove, will be the Gophers' practice goalie. He is from Plymouth.

* Thursday it was reported that Connor Reilly is out for the season after tearing the ACL in his right knee. Sources close to the situation now are saying the freshman forward also tore the MCL in the same knee.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                            Too bad Bjugstad has such a wimpy shot....
                            It's just sad. According to one Whioux fan who hasn't even seen his shot lately, it doesn't rate at all with others in the WCHA. Of course, then again we're talking about a Whioux fan who is so self absorbed he takes photos of his own s***.

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                            Nice!

Let's get the season going now.
                            Bjugstad for the Hobey this season.
                            Last edited by HarleyMC; 09-22-2012, 12:35 AM.

Comment

In FS23's defense I think the criticisms toward his comments on Bjugs' shot are a bit overblown and have run their course. While I firmly believe there is some anti-Gopher creep in some of his analysis he didn't say anything outrageous. In the end who cares anyway - Bjugs will perform on the ice or not regardless of what any of us think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                In FS23's defense I think the criticisms toward his comments on Bjugs' shot are a bit overblown and have run their course. While I firmly believe there is some anti-Gopher creep in some of his analysis he didn't say anything outrageous. In the end who cares anyway - Bjugs will perform on the ice or not regardless of what any of us think.
                                Ding ding!
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X