Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Greetings from Houghton. It's fcuking awesome to be back.

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Greetings from Houghton. It's fcuking awesome to be back.
      So are you back for a while?
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        Why is that? I know I heard something about NMU or the coach recently in passing, but forget what the news was. Or maybe it was just that they lost these recruits? Davy?

actually - I think what I was remembering was a comment on their curious attraction to Calumet High players and that it doesn't speak well for the future of their program if this is their main recruiting ground. (half kidding)
        Sooth will play another year of Junior, then come next fall. Doan is on campus and will likely be the backup. Not sure about Maschmeyer. And Hanson won't be coming.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
          So are you back for a while?
          Not unless 5 days is "awhile". I have a job in the D that I'm pretty sure would like me to return next Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
            The recruit losses seem mostly to be lousy luck for NMU....no particular pattern.

I graduated from Calumet and I think the school is getting recruitment attention from NMU because the school's produced a disproportionate number of elite players for a small, public school that draws from a small population. That can be attributed to a good junior hockey program, a strong hockey culture and good coaching. Way more CHS grads have played for Tech than NMU,

see http://www.calumethockey.org/page/show/111555-alumni

NMU is trying to build a relationship to reverse that trend and maybe get the next Ben Johnson.
            Like the bumper sticker says..."You're Either From Cal or You Wanna Be !!"

Obviously, Calumet is not NMU's main recruiting ground, but Walt will recruit any U.P. kid who he thinks has potential to play D1 hockey.
            "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

The Michigan Tech Hockey twitter account re-tweeted something that I just saw, saying that we are supposed to vote for Tech to be on the cover of some Michigan hockey magazine. I don't have any links, since Twitter is on my phone and I'm posting this from my computer, but someone who is better equipped to deal with this kind of dilema might be able to link to it.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

http://mihockeynow.com/2012/09/pick-...ckeymag-cover/

There's the link.
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  The Michigan Tech Hockey twitter account re-tweeted something that I just saw, saying that we are supposed to vote for Tech to be on the cover of some Michigan hockey magazine. I don't have any links, since Twitter is on my phone and I'm posting this from my computer, but someone who is better equipped to deal with this kind of dilema might be able to link to it.
                  I'll vote for Tech because its Tech but jesus that is a lame cover.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    I'll vote for Tech because its Tech but jesus that is a lame cover.
                    Better than having one with girlfriend beater Thurber front and slightly off-center.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Better than having one with girlfriend beater Thurber front and slightly off-center.
                      that's true, I didn't look that close but I thought the MSU one looked the best, ferris State probably deserves it after their run last year.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Im sure someone around here can rig the voting
                        Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                        Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
                          Im sure someone around here can rig the voting
                          Calling all CS majors...repeat...calling all CS majors. After all, it's the only box they know how to stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Calling all CS majors...repeat...calling all CS majors. After all, it's the only box they know how to stuff.
                            Ba-Dum-Cha!!!

RIP - Kirby

Comment

not sure if this has been posted here:

The Michigan Tech Blue Line Club will host a start-of-the-season "Meet
                              the Team" Picnic on Sunday, September 16, at 4pm at the pavilion,
                              Kestner Waterfront Park, in Houghton. This is a great opportunity to
                              meet the incoming freshman hockey players, reconnect with those
                              returning, and talk with the coaching staff about the coming season.

The event is open to the public. Cost is $5 per person or $10 per
                              family and includes: hot dogs, hamburgers and soft drinks provided by
                              the club. A dish to pass is welcome.

For more information, email Blue Line Club President Scott MacInnes-
                              scott@cityofhoughton.com
                              or Treasurer Kathy Pintar - kapintar@mtu.edu

GO HUSKIES!
                              Huskeeeeez

Comment

Gonna be $112 for the "new and improved" hockey-only video stream this year, or $12/game if purchased individually. IMO, the exhibition should at least be half price to let people test the video quality first, since the game doesn't impact the team record. Naturally though, it's all or nothing.

I think it's going to be the radio for me this season. Maybe I'll pay the $12 for a game here and there (NoDak, Duluth, and/or Northern).

Comment

Working...
                                X