Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vermont Hockey: Taking No Prisoners In 2012-2013

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    Really?!? That's a little surprising and, again, makes me wonder what's going on with our hockey program. I'd be curious to know how he ended up at NU. If Sneddon told him he'd prefer if he used his remaining year of eligibility somewhere else, I don't have any problem with that. After all, he wasn't a key player and, frankly, won't be missed. However, if it was Marshall preferring to play for a different coach or program, I'd be interested to know why, especially when you consider all the other players that have left or been dismissed in the last couple of years.
    I don't think it speaks to the hockey aspect so much. The kid is moving on to graduate work, realizes he has one year to play hockey and made a decision based on his academic preferences opposed to a few months on the ice. If he entered into a PhD program he's looking at 4-7 years and it would make sense to base that choice on his academics. Sounds as if he has decided his career in Hockey is coming to an end.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      UVM starts with 9 straight Hockey East games to start the season, against teams they should be competing with. We will see early where the Cats are at. They need to start strong and never look back..R..

No OOC games to start the season though kinda takes away the chance to gel in game with the exception of the exhibition game.
      Competing with Lowell? In the same way a gazelle competes with a lion?
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        Competing with Lowell? In the same way a gazelle competes with a lion?
        We will see where this UVM is early on. I'm glad you are so cocky, it will make it that much sweeter if the gazelle wins.

Comment

Wow only reply #17 you Lowell guys are a little slow this year.

And besides no team ever starts the season carring if they can compete with Lowell, even bad teams have higher goals.
          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
            Wow only reply #17 you Lowell guys are a little slow this year.
            Lowell guys are "slow" all the time if you catch my drift.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

So we have all heard good things about Jacob Fallon, how much talent do the rest of these guys have?

http://uvmathletics.com/news/2012/8/...828124847.aspx

2012-13 VERMONT MEN'S HOCKEY RECRUITING CLASS
              Name Pos. Hgt. Wgt. Hometown Previous Team
              Jacob Fallon F 5-10 187 Southlake, Texas Indiana (USHL)
              Billy Faust G 5-11 175 Altaloma, Calif. Nanaimo (BCHL)
              Brody Hoffman G 6-4 195 Wilkie, Saskatchewan Fort McMurray (AJHL)
              Yvan Pattyn D 6-1 196 St. Anne, Manitoba Portage (MJHL)
              Robert Polesello F 5-7 170 Bolton, Ontario Indiana (USHL)
              Ryan Rosenthal F 6-1 185 Montvale, N.J. Kent School (USHS)
              Jonathan Turk F 5-9 188 Calgary, Alberta Okotoks (AJHL)
              Caylen Walls D 6-1 200 Lyalta, Alberta Okotoks (AJHL)
              Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
              National Champions 1992, 2001
              21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
              National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
              Future National Champions 201?

Comment

That seems like a solid recruiting class. No grade A offensive starts since Girgensons bailed, but some definite overall upgrades and nice depth. Turk is a pleasant surprise, he was no ton my my radar. If he brings half of what Reynolds did last year that will be a big help. And Rosenthal is super young but has nice potential. Fallon will be expected to contribute and the D sound promising.

Go Cats!

Comment

We will see where this UVM is early on. I'm glad you are so cocky, it will make it that much sweeter if the gazelle wins.
                  You can be confident without being cocky.

Certainly not me, because it's not as fun, but you can be.

I'm looking forward to the early season tilt in Lowell. I've recommended a "Poncho Night" promotion to the marketing folks, because sitting through this slaughterfest is going to be like the first few rows at a Gallagher show.
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                    TFallon will be expected to contribute and the D sound promising.
                    I didn't notice it in the press release, but I'm assuming he's coming in as a RS Soph?
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

The Select Hockey Academy U-16 team is playing the Junior Bruins at Gutterson this Friday 9/7/12 at 8:15 PM as part of a Midget tourney. If anyone is going, could you post any opinions of RPI 2014 recruit Charlie Manley on the RPI recruit thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...Thread-2012-13 ? He is #22. Thanks.

They are also playing on Saturday and Sunday at other rinks in the Burlington area. See the schedule http://www.southkentschool.org/athle...ts Hockey U-16.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hingham’s Marshall will skate his final season at Northeastern
                        http://www.boston.com/sports/college...ern/?page=full - September 6, 2012 -

Hingham’s Marshall to play for Huskies His college hockey career has come full circle. As a junior at Hingham High in 2006, Matt Marshall verbally committed to play at Northeastern University. However, Marshall then transferred to Noble and Greenough in Dedham, repeated his junior year, and signed a letter of intent to play at Vermont. Marshall graduated from UVM this past spring, but has a year of eligibility remaining after receiving a medical redshirt as a senior, when a groin injury limited him to two games. Now healthy, the 6-foot-1, 200-pound Marshall has enrolled in the MBA program at Northeastern, where he will use his final year of eligibility. He is one of 12 recruits for second-year coach Jim Madigan, but among three with previous college experience. The 24-year-old Marshall brings veteran leadership to the Huskies while being able to contribute immediately. “It’s kind of funny because I was supposed to go to Northeastern in the first place,” said Marshall, whose father, Ken, played football for the Huskies from 1971 to 1972. “Right now I don’t know anyone so I’m just excited to get to know the guys on the team and I’m looking forward to the season. I expect to contribute immediately.” “These cases are few and far between,” Madigan said of adding a veteran presence, albeit only for one season. “For Matt, it’s a transition from one Division 1 program to another, not a transition from high school to D1 hockey. That’s the nice part about it. He’s a seasoned Division 1 player who will help us off and on the ice.” After collecting 25 goals and 26 assists as a senior at Nobles, Marshall never developed into a consistent scorer at Vermont, totaling five goals and nine assists in 86 games. He also missed nine games due to injury. Madigan expects Marshall to be more productive at NU. “His numbers might not indicate that over his career at Vermont, but his skating and his ability to get to the net quickly will give him some quality looks around the net and we hope to capitalize on that,” said the coach. “He pursues pucks very well and gives you versatility in that he can play center, left wing, or on the right side. He can push the opposition beyond their comfort level because of his speed.” Marshall is just happy to have another chance Drafted in the fifth round of the 2007 NHL First-Year Player draft by Tampa Bay, Marshall was not sure if he would play again after undergoing groin surgery during Christmas break last year. “I thought there was a 50-50 chance of getting back, but the recovery took longer than expected,” said Marshall. “It was pretty depressing. I had missed time with some injuries before, but nothing even close to that. Obviously no one wants that to happen in their senior year, which is why it’s nice to have another opportunity.”

Comment

Inch's A-Z focus on Paliotta

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...5/az_paliotta/

Comment

I've been wondering... with the NHL possibly going into lockout mode does that make Girgenson eligible to play. I suspect not as he has signed a contract with a professional organization, but if he hasn't played a game, attended camp, or drawn a paycheck does that make him technically still an amateur?

Again, my guess is he can not. Just wondering if anyone actually knows for sure.

Comment

I've been wondering... with the NHL possibly going into lockout mode does that make Girgenson eligible to play. I suspect not as he has signed a contract with a professional organization, but if he hasn't played a game, attended camp, or drawn a paycheck does that make him technically still an amateur?

Again, my guess is he can not. Just wondering if anyone actually knows for sure.
                              Gone baby gone... regardless of lockout.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Gone baby gone... regardless of lockout.
                                Lockout looks imminent (September 15 deadline)........Girgenson maybe should have thought twice about the pro move. Playing in Europe might be good for him though as he would get closer to true home.

Comment

Working...
                                X