Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SNC 2012-13 Regular Season Thread

Originally posted by goaliemom31 View Post
    well... not the weekend we had hoped for.. really not sure where "our boys" were this weekend.
    It's ok lot of hockey yet ahead of them they will be just fine.
    Go undefeated in March and all is well.
    Last edited by joecct; 11-19-2012, 12:19 PM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Go undefeated in March and all is well.
      one game at a time thats all i ask for...they just need to re-focus and all will be good.. a little bump in the road is all. Great group of boys lots of talent they know what they need to do now.

Comment

one game at a time thats all i ask for...they just need to re-focus and all will be good.. a little bump in the road is all. Great group of boys lots of talent they know what they need to do now.
        Brandon Longley works at same place my hubby does; he was at fri game and told him today eau Claire had nine d1 transfers, not sure how many of them were playing this weekend. Either way that was not the snc team we know they can be. Everyone needs that wakeup call on occasion.

Comment

http://collegehockeystats.net/1213/rosters/wecm

A bit of an exaggeration, but yeah, Eau Claire has a few transfers on their roster.

Eau Claire has been poised for a breakthrough season for a few years now. Nobody should really be surprised - Tim Coghlin has been hinting at it for a couple of years at least.

In every successful SNC season (ok maybe not '07-'08) there has been obstacles for the team to overcome. So far this season it looks like that may be Eau Claire.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
            http://collegehockeystats.net/1213/rosters/wecm

A bit of an exaggeration, but yeah, Eau Claire has a few transfers on their roster.

Eau Claire has been poised for a breakthrough season for a few years now. Nobody should really be surprised - Tim Coghlin has been hinting at it for a couple of years at least.

In every successful SNC season (ok maybe not '07-'08) there has been obstacles for the team to overcome. So far this season it looks like that may be Eau Claire.
            ???? that looks like a TON of transfers to me, and Im a oz fan....how many came in this yr??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              ???? that looks like a TON of transfers to me, and Im a oz fan....how many came in this yr??
              The Blugolds have seven DI transfers on their roster. Three of them became Blugolds this season.

Comment

does it really matter how many D-1 transfers the team has? obviously they are a transfer for a reason...or they would still be at the D-1 level. The SNC boys can def. play with these kids they had a off night that happens they learn from that they will look back at what they did wrong work on it and get back to the game they know how to play.

Comment

does it really matter how many D-1 transfers the team has? obviously they are a transfer for a reason...or they would still be at the D-1 level. The SNC boys can def. play with these kids they had a off night that happens they learn from that they will look back at what they did wrong work on it and get back to the game they know how to play.
                  as your new to the boards, D1 transfers are a old topic and we do a some of chop busting about it ,nothing more than that, most/all top teams have a few here and there...NBD

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    as your new to the boards, D1 transfers are a old topic and we do a some of chop busting about it ,nothing more than that, most/all top teams have a few here and there...NBD
                    Insert Eau Claire native and Blugold destroyer Seth Soley here :-). Not very productive at the DI level but a terror in DIII!!

Comment

Eau Claire played a great weekend of hockey, whether SNC was down a bit or not. Nothing gives your program more credibility and a shot in the arm than taking 3 points from SNC...especially on their home ice. Of course, that says a lot about the SNC program itself.
                      Both teams handled the weekend with a lot of class and respect. It was a lot of fun to watch......even if I did prefer a different outcome.
                      What a game it could turn out to be in FEB and/or March

Comment

A black mark against SNC: http://www.snc.edu/news/pressrelease/2155/

Edit: To their saving grace, thank heavens it was not Gary Bettman....
                        Last edited by joecct; 11-28-2012, 12:16 PM.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          A black mark against SNC: http://www.snc.edu/news/pressrelease/2155/

Edit: To their saving grace, thank heavens it was not Gary Bettman....
                          The man who got his start in baseball by stealing a franchise from my birthplace, moving it to Milwaukee, and later making statements that said "its never a good idea to relocate a franchise" just before he cuts a deal with Jeff Loria that led to the demise of the Expos so that John W. Henry could take over the Red Sox. The honorary degree will be Doctor of Creative Fabrication?
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            The man who got his start in baseball by stealing a franchise from my birthplace, moving it to Milwaukee, and later making statements that said "its never a good idea to relocate a franchise" just before he cuts a deal with Jeff Loria that led to the demise of the Expos so that John W. Henry could take over the Red Sox. The honorary degree will be Doctor of Creative Fabrication?
                            Weren't the Pilots in bankruptcy court at the time and going to move regardless?

Comment

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
                              Weren't the Pilots in bankruptcy court at the time and going to move regardless?
                              There was a local buyer that Selig outmaneuvered. And still his later cries about how he cried when the Braves were moved to Atlanta ring pretty hollow. Consider his actions with the Pilots (I was just graduating from college at the time) and his later horse trading as commish to get the Expos sent to DC - his buddy Loria (who is the reason the Expos folded) got to get the Marlins (who he is now on course to destroy like he did the Expos) so that John Henry could purchase the Red Sox and MLB took over the Expos (which was the team I followed when I lived in VT) When MLB owned the Expos, Bud didn't do much but wait for a chance to move them somewhere
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

As a devout SNC fan, I can say SNC didn't have much of an off night/s against Eau Claire. Eau Claire flat out beat the snot out of the Knights. ALL of their players are very fast, GREAT passers and play as a team better than any D3 team I've watched. SNC can't skate with them. They're going to be the team to beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X