SNC 2012-13 Regular Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
    As I pointed out on Twitter Friday night, EVERYONE should be able to pitch in and make some noise - not just students. Barely anyone clapping during the Bud Song on Friday was embarrassing. It takes no effort to clap, and the Bud Song is the measure I use to gauge the crowd's participation level.
    I was not there this weekend but I must agree the adults are sitting on their hands too. We need BJ's mother back.

Comment

• Re: SNC 2012-13 Regular Season Thread

I'd love to see more support but I've given up on complaining about it. I'm too busy helping the officials with icing calls and giving the 2 referees feedback on penalty calls to worry about specific cheers.
      Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
      2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
      2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
      Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
        From my observations, it is apparent that the WIAC school student bodies support their athletic teams to a much greater degree than SNC students have ever supported SNC teams.
        Granted, the numbers favor the WIAC schools, but the general SNC student support level is very poor. Not a big part of the student experience on campus, I guess.
        It is pretty much an adult crowd at the CCC and they do not make much noise to say the least.
        I have wondered what it would be like at the CCC with the pep band and student/adult support that the Pointers receive at the Willett Arena.
        Two of the biggest crowds that SNC has played in front of this season were at the Willett.
        Wishful thinking, but not reality!!
        Here are a few solutions to think about:
        1.) Invest in a new sound system, CCC system is absolutely terrible
        2.) Obtain a liquor license like the Hobbs has in Eau Claire during their games.
        3.) Updated the music selection
        4.) Create theme nights for students (Whiteout, Provide thundersticks, Unique costume themes,ect.)
        5.) The ultimate would be to build a rink on campus; it would definitely change the atmosphere inside the rink and gain more attendance of students. Obviously this a far-fetched idea right now but down the road, if or when it happens I think I would really benefit the program from a student’s perspective as well as a player.
        Last edited by warrior33; 02-19-2013, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by warrior33 View Post
          2.) Obtain a liquor license like the Hobbs has in Eau Claire during their games.
          4.) Create theme nights for students (Whiteout, Provide thundersticks, Unique costume themes,ect.)
          5.) The ultimate would be to build a rink on campus; it would definitely change the atmosphere inside the rink and gain more attendance of students. Obviously this a far-fetched idea right now but down the road, if or when it happens I think I would really benefit the program from a student’s perspective as well as a player.
          All good discussion points, many of them (plus more) discussed by a group of SNC fans in recent years (as recent as this past off season).
          For a number of reasons, nothing much came about from this effort.
          SNC Men:
          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
          SNC Women:
          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheese4ever View Post
            I was not there this weekend but I must agree the adults are sitting on their hands too. We need BJ's mother back.
            Careful what you wish for as I know Jake's mom can be loud if she wants or needs to be! Ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by WiFan23 View Post
              Careful what you wish for as I know Jake's mom can be loud if she wants or needs to be! Ha ha
              Maybe we can get Bj's mom back this weekend and have the goalie moms lead the crowd in cheers!!!
              SNC Men:
              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
              SNC Women:
              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by warrior33 View Post
                3 - Interesting. Any requests? I try to keep our music library updated but play mostly older stuff because we have an older crowd. One time my student spun the tunes and played hip-hop and harder stuff and I got complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
                  3 - Interesting. Any requests? I try to keep our music library updated but play mostly older stuff because we have an older crowd. One time my student spun the tunes and played hip-hop and harder stuff and I got complaints.
                  Not a music request, but I was hoping you could answer:

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
                  It's easy for you to sit behind an alias and take shots at people when you don't have to be accountable for what you say, especially when you don't know what you're talking about.

I can tell you that I made a personal effort about 3-4 years ago to loosen, if you will, any restrictions on the student section. I was successful in that effort except for the part about students pounding on the glass, which is nothing anyone would have issue with. The previous two years the student sections have been good. This year not so much, and it has nothing to do with the athletics director. This is, currently, a particular group of students that is mostly apathetic to all sports - not just hockey. We also don't have a large student body like the WIAC schools. I'm sure our student section is comparable to CSS and the MCHA on most any given night. The first game of this season was free for students because of the banner raising. Additionally, the first 240 students who want a ticket to Saturday's game can get a free one - and this is being debated whether to continue for next year. So it is being discussed and looked at. We aren't just a bunch of dummies over here.

If you have a problem with anything then take a meeting with the AD or even myself and maybe you'll learn something. The bottom line is though that you can't make people care. Just because you or I like something doesn't mean someone else does.
                  Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                  Question on above - What is being debated the offering of any "free" student tickets or the limit of 240?
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Maybe we can get Bj's mom back this weekend and have the goalie moms lead the crowd in cheers!!!
                    Now that would be priceless! I can't see that happening but it sure would be something to see! ha ha

Comment

Any road games I've attended in the past, students get in free, WIAC or not; CSS offers a free bus ride as their rink is off campus also, at least the game we attended once before was that way.
                      Eau Claire was JAMMED that Friday night as friends that came also have a daughter attending there and she said the campus was plastered with signs about the game.
                      Also I found the "lady knights" goal club or whatever their name was Saturday night interesting as our past efforts to create a blue line club were squashed.
                      I sit in Section E and later in the third tried to get the lets go knights chant going, which was short lived; anyone who sits near me can attest I am LOUD, but it takes a bunch to get it noticed throughout the building.
                      A final thought - overall crowds have appeared very small this year, not sure why; same solid group of season ticket holders; not sure if this is a local media not talking about the team or what, but this town is missing out on watching great hockey.
                      Oh - and of course cookies will be available Saturday evening......

Comment

I think the success the last 5-7 years of high school hockey in the area has taken away from our crowds. Before everyone went WIAA and it was WAHA, our crowds were much bigger. If I'm watching my son play twice a week, the last thing I'm going to do is go out to another hockey game if I have some free time.

Comment

I missed SNC getting a new coach - is he any relation to Tim?
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                            I missed SNC getting a new coach - is he any relation to Tim?
                            Priceless! Only the NCAA could do this!
                            SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Does anyone notice that goalie parents seem to recognize each other at ice rinks? It's a secret club that members recognize each other by looks (and actions).
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
                                Priceless! Only the NCAA could do this!
                                No wonder the Giants missed the playoffs this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X