Next D1 job shifts/next D1coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next D1 job shifts/next D1coaches

Looking at the past few seasons and the ages of some coaches, which schools do you guys think will be looking for a new coach after the 2012-2013 season?

And, who do you think is the next "big" D1 coach?
    -answer to that one I'd say is Jack Arena. The man has potential to be the next Jerry York or Jack Parker.

Re: Next D1 job shifts/next D1coaches

Originally posted by sc4561 View Post
    Looking at the past few seasons and the ages of some coaches, which schools do you guys think will be looking for a new coach after the 2012-2013 season?

-answer to that one I'd say is Jack Arena. The man has potential to be the next Jerry York or Jack Parker.
    Quite honestly, I think this is a question that would be much better answered in about 5-6 months when we are deep into the season. Schools looking for a new coach would change way too easily after a season, and sometimes it isn't through sacking. Look at Union College, who needed to find a "new coach" after Coach Leaman was given an offer by Providence after performing well. Of course, they didn't have to look far in Assistant Coach Bennett. Also, take a look at RPI, when at the end of the 2008-09 season, there were a number of fans that wanted Coach Appert's head. Then, a few big guys were brought in, the team started to perform well, and not only would Coach Appert get an extension, but attendance rose.

As for Jack Arena, given he has spent 30 years in D-III, I highly doubt he would move from there. How much time did York or Parker spend in D-III?

Comment

Originally posted by sc4561 View Post
      Brian Hills.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        Brian Hills.
        Powers &8^]
        Shhhhhhh ... nothing to see here. Kindly move along.
        -M

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
          Brian Hills.
          I'd love to see a former Geneseo head coach get a chance to coach a D1 team. Along the same lines, I've been hoping another former Geneseo coach (and alum) Jason Lammers would get a chance eventually. He's bounced around a bit but is now an assistant coach at UML.
          #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            As for Jack Arena, given he has spent 30 years in D-III, I highly doubt he would move from there. How much time did York or Parker spend in D-III?
            Any discussion of a DIII coach moving up to DI would have to begin (and end) with Plattsburgh State's Bob Emery. He sports a gleaming 504-159-53 career record (.741)... BC Alum. PSU fans have been spoiled for 20+ years -- the guy flat out get its done year in and year out.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I would think that Vermonts Snedden is on the hot seat and a name for the NEW Coaching ranks in Div.1 could be Jim Montgomery/USHL's Dubuque Fighting Saints,he could end up somewhere's in a year or two.

Comment

I believe Monty is the best choice for any one out there looking for a coach but rumor has it that he is being courted by several AHL teams.
                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  I would think that Vermonts Snedden is on the hot seat and a name for the NEW Coaching ranks in Div.1 could be Jim Montgomery/USHL's Dubuque Fighting Saints,he could end up somewhere's in a year or two.
                  You just wish he'd go back to your area, right?

Monty is coach and general manager at this point, but I would not be surprised at all if he were very high on the radar for eastern schools. I'm not so sure about the western ones since his specialty, at least when it comes to recruiting, is the Northeast. He was a terrific asset for our program in bringing players like Jerry D'Amigo to RPI.

Comment

You just wish he'd go back to your area, right?

Monty is coach and general manager at this point, but I would not be surprised at all if he were very high on the radar for eastern schools. I'm not so sure about the western ones since his specialty, at least when it comes to recruiting, is the Northeast. He was a terrific asset for our program in bringing players like Jerry D'Amigo to RPI.
                    You never know...could happen,but still think one way or another he's behind a D1 bench next year or the year after at the latest. I don't see him in the Pro game...he's suited for the College Game..(imo).

Comment

You never know...could happen,but still think one way or another he's behind a D1 bench next year or the year after at the latest. I don't see him in the Pro game...he's suited for the College Game..(imo).
                      Maybe that's the reason why he's in the USHL when there were plenty of opportunities available in the past few years. He wants to ensure that these kids are prepared for the rigors of college hockey, perhaps due to things he saw while at Notre Dame and RPI. Obviously we won't see the full effects until maybe this year, but we should look to see how these kids are doing in their respective schools both on and off the ice (if they're playing USHL, I'd think it's a safe bet they're going the college route).

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        Any discussion of a DIII coach moving up to DI would have to begin (and end) with Plattsburgh State's Bob Emery. He sports a gleaming 504-159-53 career record (.741)... BC Alum. PSU fans have been spoiled for 20+ years -- the guy flat out get its done year in and year out.
                        I don't think he is going anywhere if he hasn't left by now.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Bian McCloskey - UNH: Already a D1 HC, just changing sexes (the job not the individual!!!)

Comment

.... but we should look to see how these kids are doing in their respective schools both on and off the ice (if they're playing USHL, I'd think it's a safe bet they're going the college route).
                            Johnny Gaudreau seems to be muddling along fairly well at BC...
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Well he played pro hockey, I'm not sure what leads you to think he wouldn't fit coaching it... especially in the AHL where the focus is on development. Not to mention that his current employers have strong ties to pro hockey, so I'm pretty sure he'd be all set with references....

That said, he's got a good thing going with the Saints, is landing top notch recruits and has a young family....so Dubuque is a pretty good place to be at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X