NSN and Middlebury College Partner for Coverage of Panther Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSN and Middlebury College Partner for Coverage of Panther Sports

MIDDLEBURY - Middlebury College is proud to announce a partnership with the Northeast Sports Network (NSN) for live video coverage of Panther sporting events. NSN will provide free live streaming of nearly 100 home Middlebury athletic contests in 2012-13.

“Middlebury College is thrilled to be working with NSN,” said Director of Athletics Erin Quinn. “The quality of the web streaming we will be able to provide for our alumni, parents and other Middlebury fans is an exciting development made possible through this partnership.”

Over the past several years NSN has provided colleges throughout Vermont and New Hampshire with professional video streams. Other clients include the University of Vermont, Norwich and Castleton State.

“NSN is excited to be working with Middlebury,” NSN co-owner & chief technology officer Ryan McDonald said. “Everyone at NSN is looking forward to bringing our high quality broadcasts to the Middlebury campus.”

Action begins on Saturday, September 8th with men’s soccer, women’s soccer and field hockey entertaining Tufts.

Re: NSN and Middlebury College Partner for Coverage of Panther Sports

Before anyone asks, yes NSN will continue to provide streaming of Norwich and Castleton games as well.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
      MIDDLEBURY - Middlebury College is proud to announce a partnership with the Northeast Sports Network (NSN) for live video coverage of Panther sporting events. NSN will provide free live streaming of nearly 100 home Middlebury athletic contests in 2012-13.

“Middlebury College is thrilled to be working with NSN,” said Director of Athletics Erin Quinn. “The quality of the web streaming we will be able to provide for our alumni, parents and other Middlebury fans is an exciting development made possible through this partnership.”

Over the past several years NSN has provided colleges throughout Vermont and New Hampshire with professional video streams. Other clients include the University of Vermont, Norwich and Castleton State.

“NSN is excited to be working with Middlebury,” NSN co-owner & chief technology officer Ryan McDonald said. “Everyone at NSN is looking forward to bringing our high quality broadcasts to the Middlebury campus.”

Action begins on Saturday, September 8th with men’s soccer, women’s soccer and field hockey entertaining Tufts.
      Entertaining? Tea and crumpets? Or, since it's Midd, will it be a kegger?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Great to hear about NSN expanding to a new market/client. Hope they don't forget about little 'ole Norwich now that the Panthers are on board.

What about the other school rumored to be working with NSN this season?
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Great to hear about NSN expanding to a new market/client. Hope they don't forget about little 'ole Norwich now that the Panthers are on board.

What about the other school rumored to be working with NSN this season?
          Would they be purple?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Would they be purple?
            Uh ... no.

Comment

"professional" video streams...whatever that means.
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                "paid for"?
                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Uh, it means done by professionals who know what they are doing ... how hard is that to understand?

Comment

Uh, it means done by professionals who know what they are doing ... how hard is that to understand?
                    Lou is commenting about Oswego's student run broadcast I believe which is also a top notch production.

As far as I have seen, NSN and Oswego's WTOP-TV lead the way by far in Division III hockey video streaming.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Not hard to understand at all - but professional does not translate to quality... We call a live 30 min pre-game show with highlights and interviews, an 8 camera production with 3 slomo replay angles and a fully loaded 30 minute post game show streamed online and distributed to a half million Time Warner Cable homes a regular season student production... PS - I know a bunch of kids you can hire who can take your show up a notch or two. Oswego State Student Media - Professionals with a GPA
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

IMO WTOP is #1. They make most Division 1 broadcasts look like something you'd find in Division III.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I thought Midd wouldn't want to associate itself with commoners.

Anyways good for Midd and NSN.
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                            I thought Midd wouldn't want to associate itself with commoners.

Anyways good for Midd and NSN.
                            I think they were embarrassed by the difference in quality between what they were putting out and what Norwich and Castleton were providing
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              I think they were embarrassed by the difference in quality between what they were putting out and what Norwich and Castleton were providing
                              Didactic or confrontational?
                              Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Working...
                              X