Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 1 start date????

From the front page or so.....
    The NCAA Division III Management Council’s playing and practice seasons subcommittee will recommend that schools not be allowed to play games before Nov. 1. Current rules allow Division III schools to practice and play starting Oct. 15, and the council raised health and safety concerns.
    You know what this does? It pushes the end of the 17 week(?) D-III season to the end of the D-I season.

Health and safety concerns my butt. Somebody wants to combine the championships.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: November 1 start date????

Originally posted by joecct View Post

You know what this does? It pushes the end of the 17 week(?) D-III season to the end of the D-I season.

Health and safety concerns my butt. Somebody wants to combine the championships.
    Sadly, I believe you are correct in that assessment.
    Go 'Wick!

Comment

And, if they do, I'm thinking it will just be the D3 championship at the Frozen Four site. We'll see national semifinals on campus sites. They won't pay to fly four teams somewhere, and they are just trying to fill the Friday night slot.
      St. Norbert College Green Knights
      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      ---
      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

If they do this, the NC$$ better make sure that ESPN plays the D3 final on one of their channels. That should be part of the deal IMO.

Comment

Working backwards
          April 11, 2014 NCAA D-III Final - Philadelphia
          April 5, 2014 NCAA D-III semifinals - campus sites
          March 31 NCAA D-III quarterfinals - campus sites
          March 24 NCAA D-III opening round - campus sites

Skewing the season 2 weeks puts the conference tournaments around 3/17/14, so we ASSUME that Plattsburgh the NCAA will go for a 4 week tournament.

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
          If they do this, the NC$$ better make sure that ESPN plays the D3 final on one of their channels. That should be part of the deal IMO.
          Why? CB$ used to televise the D-II and D-III lax championships on CB$$N, but dropped them. They are now on NCAA.com just like D-III hockey is now. I see no change in the arrangement.
          Last edited by joecct; 07-26-2012, 12:27 PM.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Always like to try get ahead of the curve eh?
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Always like to try get ahead of the curve eh?
              Hey, I got the tweet late last night! What ticks me off is that they're using Reason X when in reality "they" want to have D-III play in the D-I sandbox.

Edit: OMG -- D-III hoops is doing the same thing!!! http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...etball+tourney (Note: it is a one-off to celebrate the 75th NCAA Hoops anniversary. But D-II / III would not play in the Georgia Dome but rather in the home of the ex Atlanta Thrashers.)
              Last edited by joecct; 07-26-2012, 02:27 PM.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hey, I got the tweet late last night! What ticks me off is that they're using Reason X when in reality "they" want to have D-III play in the D-I sandbox.

Edit: OMG -- D-III hoops is doing the same thing!!! http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...etball+tourney (Note: it is a one-off to celebrate the 75th NCAA Hoops anniversary. But D-II / III would not play in the Georgia Dome but rather in the home of the ex Atlanta Thrashers.)
                I heard about the D-III hoops going to the D-I site at the Co-SIDA convention. There was no talk of hockey there though.

On the women's side they are exploring a pre-determined site for the first time for Division III for the 2013 championship. Rumors have it looking like Minnesota coupled with the D1 women's FF.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  I heard about the D-III hoops going to the D-I site at the Co-SIDA convention. There was no talk of hockey there though.

On the women's side they are exploring a pre-determined site for the first time for Division III for the 2013 championship. Rumors have it looking like Minnesota coupled with the D1 women's FF.
                  Doesn't the NCAA have a contract with ORDA for the 2013 Lake Placid venue??

If the NCAA walks, then it will be the second time that ORDA has been screwed over by collegiate ice hockey. The first time was when the ECAC left LP for Albany.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If the NCAA walks, then it will be the second time that ORDA has been screwed over by collegiate ice hockey. The first time was when the ECAC left LP for Albany.
                    Yes the D3 Men's FF is in Lake Placid for 2013. That's all that's been signed so far that I know of.

The women are looking for a predetermined site. They have no such agreement with Lake Placid that I know of. Personally I'd love to see them together.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Working backwards
                      April 11, 2014 NCAA D-III Final - Philadelphia
                      April 5, 2014 NCAA D-III semifinals - campus sites
                      March 31 NCAA D-III quarterfinals - campus sites
                      March 24 NCAA D-III opening round - campus sites

Skewing the season 2 weeks puts the conference tournaments around 3/17/14, so we ASSUME that Plattsburgh the NCAA will go for a 4 week tournament.

Why? CB$ used to televise the D-II and D-III lax championships on CB$$N, but dropped them. They are now on NCAA.com just like D-III hockey is now. I see no change in the arrangement.

You think we'd get just 6 days to arrange travel cross country? D1 has a weekend off. Yes, I realize otherwise it would be Sunday to a Thursday for D1, so that's more compressed, but not by much. Maybe the same would happen in D3...
                      St. Norbert College Green Knights
                      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                      ---
                      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                        You think we'd get just 6 days to arrange travel cross country?...
                        Given the way the NCAA runs things? Yeah, I believe it.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Given the way the NCAA runs things? Yeah, I believe it.
                          I don't like it. eom
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

We have it now don't we?
                            QF's on Saturday
                            Semis the following Friday.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yes. This change doesn't effect that, since 2013 is this coming March. And that's the last year of the current contract.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                              X