Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey - 2012-2013

Originally posted by WYBC_Hockey View Post
    As far as I know, most ECAC rinks don't have HD equipment like Yale All-Access. So there's a possibility that tonight's feed will be in HD, but since it has to go through the America One video player, I wouldn't make any guarantees. Video quality will likely be better than SLU and Dartmouth's, however.

This is also a good time to remind everyone that every quarterfinal game at Ingalls will be broadcast for free on WYBC.com and WYBC-AM 1340 in Connecticut. Our pregame coverage for each game will begin at 6:40 pm EDT before the puck drops at 7. This weekend's broadcasts will feature some talented WYBC alumni because students are on spring break. We're also supplying the audio for the America One video feed, which I believe goes live at 6:55 each night.
    Like last week, $9.95 allowed you to watch any of the 4 ECAC games on America One. The Yale video qualiity and production was outstanding (well worth the $9.95). If it was not HD it was darn near HD on my computer. RPI video quality was OK but I thought the direct feed when watching earlier in the year on RPITV was much better. RPI blew all the other games away as far as instant replay (they had it, the others did not) and the instant replay was usually from a couple of camera angles. Union's video quality was quite good also. Quinny video quality was very grainy at full screen video and definitely was the worst of the 4 games.
    Last edited by vicb; 03-15-2013, 10:28 PM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
      We are severely depleted. Down two D-Men...plus every available player on our roster is dressed and we are still short. No excuses though. It was men against boy's tonight. How/why we did not show up is beyond me. I just hope we can at least make it a competitive game tomorrow night as this one wasn't. I'm also concerned that Wenninger didn't come back out for the third period after the collission in the second period. He was flexing his knee and my guess is between periods he either felt something was wrong or it stiffened up.

Props to Ylae for completely shutting down our first line.....that was the least effective I have ever seen them. Unfortunately it did get chippy at the end and hopefully that will not carry over into tomorrow.

The number of odd man rushes we gave up tonight was staggering and the score easily could have been worse for us.
      I hate to say it but I thought Yale took the foot off the pedal somewhat in the last ten minutes. Felt bad for Wenninger, it was exactly same thing that happened to Malcolm earlier in the year. I was waiting for a penalty, but he might have been hit by his own D-Man, too hard to tell. The refs swallowed the whistles, but were behind and out of position on a number of offsides calls, seems like they could just not keep up. Flanagan and Carey were clearly frustrated and Flanagans penalties were all after a very hard hip check behind a play that on any other night would have been interference. Still entertaining as heck watching these two teams.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

And... with Denver's win tonight we are back to a tie for 7th which actually places us 9th. A CC win over Denver tonight would have been really great, but a win tomorrow would be almost as good. (CC is right on the TUC line and just fell off -- anything good brings them back and helps Yale.) The PWR possibilities are still really wide with a lot of teams very close in a lot of categories: Yale, Lowell, Denver, Minnesota State, New Hampshire, all bunched together with only a few RPI points and some interesting TUC and ComOpp issues separating them. Just keep winning, Elis, and everything will be fine.
        Last edited by goblue78; 03-15-2013, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Question: if we beat SLU tonight for the fourth time ... Will it push SLU out of the TUCs and negatively impact our Pairwise? Could we drop in ratings with a win?

Comment

Originally posted by nopuckluck View Post
            Question: if we beat SLU tonight for the fourth time ... Will it push SLU out of the TUCs and negatively impact our Pairwise? Could we drop in ratings with a win?
            No. SLU would still be a TUC.
            SLU '97

Comment

No. St. Lawrence is safely a TUC even with another loss. The important direct games for Yale (other than SLU, of course) are CC, who needs to beat Denver to get back in, and Holy Cross, who would drop out with another loss. (Go, Mercyhurst!)
              Last edited by goblue78; 03-16-2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Another solid win. An impressive shutout given the number of penalty minutes. Will Bourbonais miss any games?

SLU fans chanting "safety school"? Huh?

Comment

Great penalty kill by the Eli tonight, the five minute major kill was the turning point. To keep Carey, Flanagan and Hughes scoreless on the weekend was quite a defensive accomplishment for a team not so known for defense. Lags broke out big time, maybe the Blue Jackets scouts standing behind me might have had something to do with that. I could start naming names but it was an all around great team effort. I think Cody Learned may be our next Charles Balch. I hope that the Bourbanais major will not result in a suspension. I missed the hit , but even the Yale faithful thought it was enough to warrant the fiver. Clinton has a passion for the game but needs to reign in his crazy side at times. Two rooms booked at the Tropicana for $129 a night!
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

BTW CC beat Denver tonight! As of midnight we are alone at 5 in the pairwise, crazy!
                    Last edited by LTsatch; 03-16-2013, 10:43 PM.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

LT: I told you the CC-Denver game was big. Next question -- are we safe? I'm quite confident that if it weren't for the stupid 3rd place game in AC we would definitely be safe. But somebody is going to AC and losing twice. I'm pretty sure we're in the NCAA's if it ain't us; we might even be able to lose twice, especially if one of the losses is to QPac. An interesting question is our seed in AC, which could be anything from 1-3, playing Cornell (if Cornell and Brown win) Union (if QPac and Brown win or Cornell and RPI win) or RPI (if QPac and RPI win). It will take some experimentation to figure out works out best for us, but winning trumps all.
                      Last edited by goblue78; 03-16-2013, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Of the three possibilities my order of preference is Cornell,Union, RPI,
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

OK. Some preliminaries. Yale currently loses 5 comparisons. Four of those are irreversible. It is still possible to flip the UND comparison, either by flipping the ComOpp component (if ND plays DU or CC in their tournament and loses) or, conceivable, the TUC comparison if UND gets to the tournament and loses their first game to a TUC. So Yale's upside is 27 comparisons. Now, on the other end, the following comparisons are loseable: Lowell, New Hampshire, St. Cloud, Notre Dame, Denver, Mankato, Niagara, and possibly Union, though it's hard to tell. Two losses combined with wins by the teams listed might flip all of them, although that's really unlikely. But the downside is maybe as low as 18 comparisons, which looks like it's about 13th or 14th seed. Combine that with a few longshot tournament winners, and that, I think, is the perfect storm that knocks us out. But this all from eyeballing it. I'll try and do detailed simulations tomorrow.

I just realized: I'm not positive whether the teams are reseeded in AC or not. CHN implies not, which means we play the winner of RPI/Brown. Anybody know if that's right?
                          Last edited by goblue78; 03-17-2013, 12:35 AM.

Comment

So after today I think we can be anywhere from 5th-8th. To stay 5th, UNH, Denver and Mankato all need to lose, I believe. But the good news is even if they all win, we don't fall any farther than 8th. That's not a terrible place to be heading to AC.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
                              I just realized: I'm not positive whether the teams are reseeded in AC or not. CHN implies not, which means we play the winner of RPI/Brown. Anybody know if that's right?
                              They are reseeded.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks, Ralph. As long as you're here, any idea which game is the early game on Friday?

Comment

Working...
                                X