Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey - 2012-2013

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    I hope you are 100% correct. Believe me, no one wants Yale to finish the season on a roll more than me, and if you happen to make it to Princeton, drinks at the Nassau Inn are on me. I guess the fact that we are 1-2-1 this season against the teams we face in the next four games has me feeling pessimistic. I REALLY hope I am pleasantly surprised.
    Thanks, Chief. Regretfully, I will have to watch the QU/Princeton games from Scottsdale. As I see it, we need to grab "W"s at Union and Princeton; if we can steal a point(or two) at RPI and/or QU....that will be "gravy". And , without wishing to be a pedant, may I point out that "technically" we are 2-2-1 against the upcoming foes, IF we count the 10/27/12 non-conference win over the Tigers in the Ivy Shootout. In any case, come to the Cornell game on 3/2/13, and bring your camera. We'll get some group
    photos on the ice post-game with the seniors and their families. Cheers, "Doc".

Comment

I finished watching the Brown game and felt pretty positive. They had 44 shots on net and only had 1 PP. That is a great night.

Borelli stole the game. That happens. The kid played arguably the best game of his career. I don't think that means the team is circling the drain.

Maricic played a fantastic game and I think the game will be great for him going forward. The only thing about the game that was a little alarming for me was how flat footed the D was a few times. I am going to assume it was just one of those nights and I expect them to clean that up for the weekend.

If CB finishes the 3 on 0 we win that game.

Two big games this weekend. I can't wait.
      http://www.sports-casters.com

http://www.twitter.com/sports_casters

thesportscasters@gmail.com

Comment

A couple Union players and Keith Allain weigh on some story lines for tomorrow's game: http://unionhockeynews.blogspot.com/...ame-notes.html

Comment

Today's meteor which hit Chelyabinsk seems to have missed former Yale star Ray Giroux, who seems to have retired (though Wikipedia doesn't mention it.) He doesn't seem to be on the active roster.

Comment

Originally posted by brainof23 View Post
            I am pretty sure my information on Malcolm is correct.

I got the ok to go to Union on Friday. Any other Yale fans making the trip to the Capital District?

Anyone been to Union? Restaurant suggestions? Anything I can't miss?
            I like Aperitivo Cafe on State Street next to Proctor's theatre. Give it a try but don't eat too much because I'm hoping Union is going to give you indigestion tonight. The game is being televised regionally by Time Warner cable so the drop of the puck will likely be 7:05 or so, and with the TV timeouts the game will likely not end before 9:30 at the earliest.

Comment

Hey Yale fans,

We won't be on WYBC tonight for the Union game, but we will be on tomorrow for the game against RPI, both on WYBC.com and WYBC-AM 1340. Coverage should start right around 6:30 EST before the puck drops at 7.
              All Yale home games and select road games on WYBC-AM 1340 and WYBC.com! Also accessible on mobile devices on WYBC.com.

Comment

Yale lines vs Union, 2/15/13

Charles Orzetti - Carson Cooper - Anthony Day
                Josh Balch - Clinton Bourbonais - Antoine Laganiere
                Trent Ruffolo - Jesse Root - Nicholas Weberg
                Kenny Agostino - Andrew Miller - Stu Wilson

Gus Young - Rob O'Gara -
                Tommy Fallen - Ryan Obuchowski
                Colin Ducek- Matt Killian

Goal: Nick Maricic starting. Connor Wilson back up. No Malcolm.
                Last edited by rdf8585; 02-15-2013, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Yale head coach Keith Allain after 4-2 loss to Union tonight

Comment

Originally posted by WYBC_Hockey View Post
                    Hey Yale fans,

We won't be on WYBC tonight for the Union game, but we will be on tomorrow for the game against RPI, both on WYBC.com and WYBC-AM 1340. Coverage should start right around 6:30 EST before the puck drops at 7.
                    Glad to hear that, Yale needs to right the ship tonight, we are down to a tie for tenth in the pairwise and a win tonight would hopefully stop that decline.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

In case you don't know it, RPI-TV will be streaming the game for free. http://rpitv.org/
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Pathetic weekend

Comment

I ended up taking a ride to Troy, Yale did not play terribly in the first two periods and had some great chances. They seemed to tire in the third and when they were outworked for the third RPI goal, I could tell that the air was out of the balloon. Wilson played well in goal, although I did not see the fourth as I wanted to get back to CT at a decent hour. He did not really have a chance on the first three. After the losses, we are very lucky to still be tied for second place in the ECAC standings. Yale has slipped to 12 in the pairwise.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

I ended up taking a ride to Troy, Yale did not play terribly in the first two periods and had some great chances. They seemed to tire in the third and when they were outworked for the third RPI goal, I could tell that the air was out of the balloon. Wilson played well in goal, although I did not see the fourth as I wanted to get back to CT at a decent hour. He did not really have a chance on the first three. After the losses, we are very lucky to still be tied for second place in the ECAC standings. Yale has slipped to 12 in the pairwise.
                            The 4th was an ENG.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

just to clear it up...your not still tied for 2nd...but in 5th with 19pts....http://www.ecachockey.com/men/index
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Yeah i made the mistake of checking the non-updated standings on this site last night.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X