Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey - 2012-2013

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
    I was there. It was missable (as was the first Princeton goal 20 seconds into the game.)

But I wanted to second the thanks. As someone who can only make two or three home games a year, the HD coverage is really quite good, especially compared some other places I could name (rhymes with Tollgate) who charge and then give you SD which still freezes. The student commentators are... enthusiastic.
    I agree entirely, Blue.......I am VERY pleased with Videocast quality. I couldn't believe (er, well yes I can) how snarky the QU fans were about everything from Adlon's voice to Max's knowledge of the game of hockey. Well, I have a feeling that if you took the College Board scores of the 3 most offensive Qpac critics, they would fall short of each of members of the Bulldog team. I suspect also that Addie, as a Blake (MN.) hockey alumna herself, could skate rings around those those idiots. IMHO, Addie and Max do a great job !!!

Comment

yaledoc -- you are responsible for creating YAA?
      That is AWESOME. Thank you!!
      Just found it Friday and watched the end of the Princeton game and most of the Quinnipiac debacle. It was really wonderful to see Ingalls again. Wish I could hear a bit more of the band, the YWWB was always my favorite part of being there (I hear they don't let them on to the ice after the 2nd period anymore).

I was beginning to have hope that this would be our frozen four year and I hope we survive Malcolm's injury. If Yale makes it to Toledo or Grand Rapids, I'll definitely be there.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
        yaledoc -- you are responsible for creating YAA?
        That is AWESOME. Thank you!!
        Just found it Friday and watched the end of the Princeton game and most of the Quinnipiac debacle. It was really wonderful to see Ingalls again. Wish I could hear a bit more of the band, the YWWB was always my favorite part of being there (I hear they don't let them on to the ice after the 2nd period anymore).

I was beginning to have hope that this would be our frozen four year and I hope we survive Malcolm's injury. If Yale makes it to Toledo or Grand Rapids, I'll definitely be there.
        Yes, Matt, and I feel very blessed to have been able to make the gift; most importantly, it was made to honor the memory of the late Mandi Schwartz, a kind and inspirational young lady who touched in a very positive way the lives of the Yale Hockey family specifically, and the greater Yale Community in general.

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
          Yes, Matt, and I feel very blessed to have been able to make the gift; most importantly, it was made to honor the memory of the late Mandi Schwartz, a kind and inspirational young lady who touched in a very positive way the lives of the Yale Hockey family specifically, and the greater Yale Community in general.
          I know I found your broadcast to be a good thing; thank you for helping the university to put it together.

Comment

A heartfelt thank you from the "enemy" as well. There are more important things than hockey and I was touched by the Mandi Schwartz story. I think it's great that you've done this to honor her.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I couldn't believe (er, well yes I can) how snarky the QU fans were about everything from Adlon's voice to Max's knowledge of the game of hockey. Well, I have a feeling that if you took the College Board scores of the 3 most offensive Qpac critics, they would fall short of each of members of the Bulldog team.
              At risk of revealing my identity, I don't take this stuff too seriously. Everyone is used to their guy (or girl) and for us students, broadcasting isn't our primary focus on a daily basis. Bill Schweizer (at QUN) is a talented and experienced pro, but I can assure you he's not finishing up a graduate degree in biochemistry on the side.
              Last edited by Yale13; 02-05-2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale13 View Post
                At risk of revealing my identity, I don't take this stuff too seriously. Everyone is used to their guy (or girl) and for us students, broadcasting isn't our primary focus on a daily basis. Bill Schweizer (at QUN) is a talented and experienced pro, but I can assure you he's not finishing up a graduate degree in biochemistry on the side.
                Well said, my friend........ and rest assured, I will take the secret of your identity to my grave.......hopefully in about 40 years, with many trips to the Whale in between !!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  A heartfelt thank you from the "enemy" as well. There are more important things than hockey and I was touched by the Mandi Schwartz story. I think it's great that you've done this to honor her.
                  Thank you, Mark, for the kind words. I have been "underground" for a couple of years out of frustration at getting into #&*@ing contests with with folks on the Fan Forum, with NoDak, Minny, and BC serving as prime examples. The vast majority of Quinnipiac fans have always struck me as VERY well-informed and insightful. You are the prime example of the latter fan.....keep up the good work !!!

Comment

Great opportunity for Arcobello as he has been called up to Edmonton to fill in for the injury-plagued Oilers. Here's hoping he makes the most of his chance in the bigs!!

Comment

Interview with Arcobello's AHL Coach concerning the call up. http://oilers.nhl.com/club/podcastpl...d=98&iid=41127
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Did anybody get the Yale team photo on Friday night? Middle row # 23?? Can't figure it out. Did Carroccio change his number before he left school?

Comment

Originally posted by Boola View Post
                          Did anybody get the Yale team photo on Friday night? Middle row # 23?? Can't figure it out. Did Carroccio change his number before he left school?
                          Was it Peltz?
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

I thought about that, he was gone long before school started. And it didnt look like him.
                            And if there was one person Keith would not want in that picture it would be Peltz!

Comment

Peel was #23 last year
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

If you really want to make Allain and the AD mad, call the office and ask if it was Colin Sullivan.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X