Yale Bulldogs Hockey - 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey - 2012-2013

Received a membership to Mory's for Xmas along with the nice white Yale sweater with the big blue felt "Y" on the front.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      Received a membership to Mory's for Xmas along with the nice white Yale sweater with the big blue felt "Y" on the front.
      The bar located in the back of Mory's is a cool place to hang out before and after hockey games.

Comment

Bulldogs knocked off the Russian Red Stars 10-2. 58 shots on goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan The Man View Post
          Bulldogs knocked off the Russian Red Stars 10-2. 58 shots on goal.
          I was at the Army - Russian Red Star game last night in West Point. The Russians and Army played even for about half the game with the Russians holding onto a 2-0 lead with both sides having some great chances. Last night the Russians skated and passed well and eventually got the better of Army. I was surprised at the chippiness of the game, lots of penalties and I was surprised to see the Russians throw some haymakers at the cadets after the whistle. I guess we are used to seeing some pushing and shoving after the whistle but watching the fists flying is rare in college hockey. One Russian player was kicked out of the game.

I just watched the Yale game on the 'net and Yale obviously is not Army and you guys skated great right from the start and never gave them a chance. Good job.
          RPI Engineers
          RIT Tigers
          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

We may skate better, but the Army has howitzers.

Slightly more seriously, I worry that games like that inculcate bad habits. Hopefully not.
            Last edited by goblue78; 12-28-2012, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
              We may skate better, but the Army has howitzers.

Slightly more seriously, I worry that games like that inculcate bad habits. Hopefully not.
              Actually I disagree as Yale put on the speed tonight without any let down. The forecheck never stopped and it seemed the team has been energized from the holiday break. I think Yale realized early that they were playing against an inferior opponent and put it to them early and never let up. Lags backhand goal from his knees was a thing of beauty, as well as his top shelf wrister in the first. It was also nice to see some of the 3rd and 4th liners get out there. FYI CPTV is replaying the game Thursday night.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

I "saw" the game on a horrible feed, and I don't disagree with what you saw LT. My worry is that the goal-hawking aggressiveness will lead to problems against better opponents. But I worry needlessly a lot.

Comment

Lags goal, the whole feed is at the same link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFtrY...utu.be&t=1h25s
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    Lags goal, the whole feed is at the same link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFtrY...utu.be&t=1h25s
                    LT, was at the game, and have to say I think playing this game was a mistake.
                    Half the players on the Russian team could barely skate. It was an embarrasement to watch.
                    Yale was sloppy, Miller enjoyed "basket hanging."
                    I suspect Yale gets better play when they scrimmage themselves.

I'm predicting this game will result in us coming out flat tomorrow against Holy Cross and a likely loss there. It's too bad, but what I saw against the Russians leaves me quite concerned about the rest of the year.
                    -------------
                    Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                      LT, was at the game, and have to say I think playing this game was a mistake.
                      Half the players on the Russian team could barely skate. It was an embarrasement to watch.
                      Yale was sloppy, Miller enjoyed "basket hanging."
                      I suspect Yale gets better play when they scrimmage themselves.

I'm predicting this game will result in us coming out flat tomorrow against Holy Cross and a likely loss there. It's too bad, but what I saw against the Russians leaves me quite concerned about the rest of the year.
                      Looks like you were correct, Yale down 5-2 in the third. Took in the QU game today, they are the real deal this year. Also got to meet Mark Messier who was scouting the game.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Looks like you were correct, Yale down 5-2 in the third. Took in the QU game today, they are the real deal this year. Also got to meet Mark Messier who was scouting the game.
                        Huh, I thought game was tomorrow- didn't realize we played on Sundays. Well, either way, I hate being right. But seriously, did anyone else watch that Russian team. I swear half of them couldn't skate. I'm pretty sure Avon would have faired better again them then they did against us.
                        -------------
                        Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

BC got smacked last night - I suspect they will come out Friday with both barrels loaded. Any word on whether BC's most potent weapon, Gaudreau, will be back from World Juniors? Any word on Root and Ruffalo?
                          Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by Yale84 View Post
                            Any word on whether BC's most potent weapon, Gaudreau, will be back from World Juniors?
                            The World Junior Championships run until Saturday, so I doubt it.
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              The World Junior Championships run until Saturday, so I doubt it.
                              Their next game is on the 2nd against the Czech's, hopefully USA wins and keeps John across the pond.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Their next game is on the 2nd against the Czech's, hopefully USA wins and keeps John across the pond.
                                Even with a loss, there's still a fifth place game on Friday.
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X