Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey - 2012-2013

Originally posted by Stan The Man View Post
    Root and Ruffalo believed to have suffered shoulder separations during the RPI game. Ed Olczyk Sr. was seen downstairs last night after the game talking to UMass coach and some others.

New Haven Register has to writeup of yesterday's game up on their website. No photos though; and beware of incessant pop-ups while trying to read the article.

http://nhregister.com/articles/2012/...mode=fullstory
    I noticed last weekend that the New Haven Register appears to use the same irritating software as the Troy Record.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Stan The Man View Post
      New Haven Register has a writeup of yesterday's game up on their website. No photos though; and beware of incessant pop-ups while trying to read the article.

http://nhregister.com/articles/2012/...mode=fullstory
      And on top of it all the NHR got our ranking wrong in the headline. Geesh!
      Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I noticed last weekend that the New Haven Register appears to use the same irritating software as the Troy Record.
        Print media, dinosaurs living out their last days. Finding a good print article these days is like finding a needle in a haystack. Saw a good article yesterday in the New York Times (front page) about that bizarre situation at St John's with that female Dean who killed herself recently. Much more to that strange story which should come to light in the coming weeks and months, I would think.

Comment

Pretty poor article by the NHR, only describing the one goal. Has anyone else noticed that the coach is much more low key in his statements to the press this year and seems to be taking a more "diplomatic" approach in his pre game and post game statements. I think it is a move in the right direction as I think there was some referee bias towards Yale due to remarks in the past. Just my take.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            Pretty poor article by the NHR, only describing the one goal. Has anyone else noticed that the coach is much more low key in his statements to the press this year and seems to be taking a more "diplomatic" approach in his pre game and post game statements. I think it is a move in the right direction as I think there was some referee bias towards Yale due to remarks in the past. Just my take.
            Post game, a reporter interviewed the West Haven kid Pereira who plays for UMass; not sure if it was the Register guy but, if it was, none of that conversation made the Register's final editorial cut. With a little journalistic legwork, that would made a nice little "hometown kid" type story for the Register.

Another side note, not sure if it has anything to do with the lockout but I'm seeing NHL scouts at just about every home game. Lag's and other seniors might be hot commodities come the end of the season.

Comment

Root has a dislocation. Ruffalo a separation. Ruffalo more likely to return immediately after the holiday break. A dislocation usually takes at least 4 weeks to heal with subsequent rehab. Root is a tough kid so maybe it will be less that six weeks. Two big losses. Burbo has a hip pointer, although he was holding his wrist as he came off the ice. Hip pointers are the most painful injury an athlete can have. He, depending on the severity, may be out longer than Ruffalo, but Burbo is one tough kid. Also, people should stop being so critical of Witek. He is a freshman and will make mistakes as have the other 7 or so freshmen that have been playing. Yale is a young team (skating 7-8 freshmen; 3 on defense) on any given weekend. This team is going to be fine - we will see how they respond after the Xmas break but this team showed itself in CO that it does not want to lose. I had my doubts after the RPI game but proved against Union that there is a synergy in this team that was not there last year.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Professor;5575488]Root has a dislocation. Ruffalo a separation. Ruffalo more likely to return immediately after the holiday break. A dislocation usually takes at least 4 weeks to heal with subsequent rehab. Root is a tough kid so maybe it will be less that six weeks. Two big losses. Burbo has a hip pointer, although he was holding his wrist as he came off the ice. Hip pointers are the most painful injury an athlete can have. He, depending on the severity, may be out longer than Ruffalo, but Burbo is one tough kid. Also, people should stop being so critical of Witek. He is a freshman and will make mistakes as have the other 7 or so freshmen that have been playing. Yale is a young team (skating 7-8 freshmen; 3 on defense) on any given weekend. This team is going to be fine - we will see how they respond after the Xmas break but this team showed itself in CO that it does not want to lose. I had my doubts after the RPI game but proved against Union that there is a synergy in this team that was not there last year.[/

What happen to Bennett Carroccio?

Comment

Serious concussion. Word is that he will withdraw from school after exams. He's a great kid who is well-liked and respected by his teammates.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor View Post
                    Serious concussion. Word is that he will withdraw from school after exams. He's a great kid who is well-liked and respected by his teammates.
                    That's a bummer. His picture is still in the program, but he is no longer listed on the team roster page. I wonder if he didn't withdraw from school before exams to save his remaining eligibility. Speaking of serious concussions, Dan Otto was at the Whale for last Saturday's games.

Comment

Sorry to hear about Bennett, no meaning ful home games until mid January, this will be quite tedious. Picked this up at campus customs in New Haven today.
                      *****http://yakdawgs.com/forum/download/file.php?id=4058&mode=view******
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Thinking about heading up to the Holy Cross game, has anyone ever been to the New England Sports Center for a game? How many does the joint hold? General Admission only.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

How is Marcic doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Puck View Post
                            How is Marcic doing?
                            He has had an inconsistent season so far. He did a stellar job out in Colorado replacing Malcolm and keeping Yale in a game, but then allowed too many soft goals in his two starts. He was pulled very quickly in his last start. It seems Allain has more confidence in Malcolm, who has been much better all around and .50 better in the goals against column. I still think you will see Maricic in goal from time to time, just not starting the big games, unless Malcolm completely collapses.

I just hope your question does not concern his health.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Happy holidays to all! See you in January (I'm out of town for the Russians). Who's going to Boston?
                              Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                Thinking about heading up to the Holy Cross game, has anyone ever been to the New England Sports Center for a game? How many does the joint hold? General Admission only.
                                They have several rinks there, some of which are used by renowned figure skaters to practice. They have a heated lobby that overlooks the rinks but to answer your question is this from an article back in 2004: The facility's main rink accommodates almost 1,800 spectators.

Comment

Working...
                                X