Yale Bulldogs Hockey - 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey - 2012-2013

The Yale football blog still updates regularly (with not a lot to do in the offseason, obviously). So it just looks like something they're half-hearted about.

Comment

Time to get a little revenge on UMASS after the spanking they gave Yale last year. Coach Allain better have the team ready for this game. They do not have a stellar record, but have tied QPAC and beat New Hampshire.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Are Root and Ruffalo back tonight?

Comment

I believe the standard answer to that, given Allain's predisposition to silence, is "You'll know by 7:15."

Comment

Root and Ruffolo are not in the lineup tonight, according to the line charts. I haven't heard anything about their status. After today, the team won't play until the 28th, so even if they are slightly banged up it may make sense to let them rest.

Comment

Free live video vs. UMass from Yale All-Access:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seE11mNDYfI

Last edited by YaleBulldogs; 12-11-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YaleBulldogs View Post
                Free live video vs. UMass-Lowell from Yale All-Access
                UMass Amherst, not Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale13 View Post
                  Root and Ruffolo are not in the lineup tonight, according to the line charts. I haven't heard anything about their status. After today, the team won't play until the 28th, so even if they are slightly banged up it may make sense to let them rest.
                  Ruffolo had his arm in a sling on Saturday night, I doubt he will play tonight.

Comment

Game recap:

A good game tonight against a weaker opponent. Some defenseive lapses, especially when Witek on the ice. Root and Rufolo both in the stands with slings on. Agostinko missed an empty net at the end of the game. Too much passing on powerplays. No goals scored on a 5 minute penalty, powerplay wasn't clicking. Way too much passing and shooting after lanes are closed.
                    4th line didn't play much. Weberg was on the 1st line and played well.

I didn't see him, but heard Ed Olczyk was in the stands to watch his son Eddie play.

Merry Christmas.

See you on the 28th.

Comment

Malcolm played very, very well. A good night for the underclassmen, with Weberg, Fallen, Wilson and Cooper finding the net. Ags must be kicking himself....
                      I hope Bourbonnais is ok but I fear he might have a serious injury to his wrist.
                      We need the next couple of weeks to heal... Good luck to the team, who all face exams now.
                      Go Blue!
                      Go Blue!

Comment

The fourth goal by Wilson was stellar, a top shelf wrister that flat out beat the UMass goalie. did not see the Bourbo injury, was that during the five minute major? Hope he is OK, we do not need any more.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Yale84 View Post
                          Malcolm played very, very well. A good night for the underclassmen, with Weberg, Fallen, Wilson and Cooper finding the net. Ags must be kicking himself....
                          I hope Bourbonnais is ok but I fear he might have a serious injury to his wrist.
                          We need the next couple of weeks to heal... Good luck to the team, who all face exams now.
                          Go Blue!
                          Yale website box score shows a miller goal not cooper, the one off of his skates, which he was awarded off the pass and unintentional deflection by Cooper, no points for Cooper.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Root and Ruffalo believed to have suffered shoulder separations during the RPI game. Ed Olczyk Sr. was seen downstairs last night after the game talking to UMass coach and some others.

New Haven Register has a writeup of yesterday's game up on their website. No photos though; and beware of incessant pop-ups while trying to read the article.

http://nhregister.com/articles/2012/...mode=fullstory
                            Last edited by Stan The Man; 12-12-2012, 07:45 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              Yale website box score shows a miller goal not cooper, the one off of his skates, which he was awarded off the pass and unintentional deflection by Cooper, no points for Cooper.
                              Thanks, LTsatch! Miller played a good game last night and deserved that one.
                              Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                The fourth goal by Wilson was stellar, a top shelf wrister that flat out beat the UMass goalie. did not see the Bourbo injury, was that during the five minute major? Hope he is OK, we do not need any more.
                                No, happened during the first period. Bourbo went off the ice hunched over and cradling his wrist, then was back out for the face off a couple of minutes later but got off the ice after taking the faceoff, clearly in pain. I don't believe we saw him again on the ice after that.
                                Go Blue!

Comment

Working...
                                X