PDA

View Full Version : Yale Bulldogs Hockey - 2012-2013

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

LTsatch
12-28-2012, 11:28 PM
We may skate better, but the Army has howitzers.

Slightly more seriously, I worry that games like that inculcate bad habits. Hopefully not.

Actually I disagree as Yale put on the speed tonight without any let down. The forecheck never stopped and it seemed the team has been energized from the holiday break. I think Yale realized early that they were playing against an inferior opponent and put it to them early and never let up. Lags backhand goal from his knees was a thing of beauty, as well as his top shelf wrister in the first. It was also nice to see some of the 3rd and 4th liners get out there. FYI CPTV is replaying the game Thursday night.

goblue78
12-29-2012, 12:06 AM
I "saw" the game on a horrible feed, and I don't disagree with what you saw LT. My worry is that the goal-hawking aggressiveness will lead to problems against better opponents. But I worry needlessly a lot.

LTsatch
12-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Lags goal, the whole feed is at the same link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFtrYtwPBxA&feature=youtu.be&t=1h25s

yalehockeyfan
12-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Lags goal, the whole feed is at the same link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFtrYtwPBxA&feature=youtu.be&t=1h25s

LT, was at the game, and have to say I think playing this game was a mistake.
Half the players on the Russian team could barely skate. It was an embarrasement to watch.
Yale was sloppy, Miller enjoyed "basket hanging."
I suspect Yale gets better play when they scrimmage themselves.

I'm predicting this game will result in us coming out flat tomorrow against Holy Cross and a likely loss there. It's too bad, but what I saw against the Russians leaves me quite concerned about the rest of the year.

LTsatch
12-30-2012, 03:58 PM
LT, was at the game, and have to say I think playing this game was a mistake.
Half the players on the Russian team could barely skate. It was an embarrasement to watch.
Yale was sloppy, Miller enjoyed "basket hanging."
I suspect Yale gets better play when they scrimmage themselves.

I'm predicting this game will result in us coming out flat tomorrow against Holy Cross and a likely loss there. It's too bad, but what I saw against the Russians leaves me quite concerned about the rest of the year.

Looks like you were correct, Yale down 5-2 in the third. Took in the QU game today, they are the real deal this year. Also got to meet Mark Messier who was scouting the game.

yalehockeyfan
12-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Looks like you were correct, Yale down 5-2 in the third. Took in the QU game today, they are the real deal this year. Also got to meet Mark Messier who was scouting the game.

Huh, I thought game was tomorrow- didn't realize we played on Sundays. Well, either way, I hate being right. But seriously, did anyone else watch that Russian team. I swear half of them couldn't skate. I'm pretty sure Avon would have faired better again them then they did against us.

Yale84
12-31-2012, 08:26 AM
BC got smacked last night - I suspect they will come out Friday with both barrels loaded. Any word on whether BC's most potent weapon, Gaudreau, will be back from World Juniors? Any word on Root and Ruffalo?

burgie12
12-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Any word on whether BC's most potent weapon, Gaudreau, will be back from World Juniors?
The World Junior Championships run until Saturday, so I doubt it.

LTsatch
12-31-2012, 11:29 AM
The World Junior Championships run until Saturday, so I doubt it.

Their next game is on the 2nd against the Czech's, hopefully USA wins and keeps John across the pond.

burgie12
12-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Their next game is on the 2nd against the Czech's, hopefully USA wins and keeps John across the pond.
Even with a loss, there's still a fifth place game on Friday.

BC/HE
01-01-2013, 11:21 AM
BC's biggest concern is it's defense, not Gaudreau missing for the game Friday. They played with 4 Freshmen on Defense out in Minnesota and that was the reason for the poor showing as well as Milner having an off night and BC running into a very hot goaltender. 8-1 games are not usually close to even in shots on goal but this one was. Patch Alber, a senior, with a torn meniscus during pregame warmups may be out for the season. Isaac Macleod, a junior has been out for several weeks with a shoulder injury. Those two injuries caused Jerry York to put in a freshman with no game experience, Travis Jeke, who actually held his own for the most part. However the total lack of cohesion showed. Perhaps they'll get it together in practice before Friday's game.

LTsatch
01-01-2013, 11:26 AM
The over/under on this game will be at least 10 goals if not more, Yale has a young defensive corps as well and is also the teams Achille's heel at this point.

licwinko
01-02-2013, 10:30 PM
liffeys will show the bc game for those who cant get to 'boston'

LTsatch
01-02-2013, 10:37 PM
I was going to head up, but have to drive my daughter from New Haven to JFK at 0300 Saturday morning. spoke to the box office at Yale today and they have sold 300 of their ticket allotment with no more BC tickets at the Yale box office. There is still room available on the buse(s) that they have arranged for the game. I believe it is $75 with ticket and reception at the game. If you already have a ticket it is $65 for bus and reception. It may also be $10 less for Yale Hockey Association members.

LTsatch
01-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Good luck tonight Blue! Very important game to set the benchmark for this season.

nopuckluck
01-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Brutal feed on BCEagles website but this looks like a game we played well enough to win. Like the comeback from two goals down but we have to make teams pay for their mistakes. The audio feed was very complimentary of Yale's effort and abilities.

sterlippo1
01-05-2013, 06:24 AM
but this looks like a game we played well enough to win..

without a doubt, if not for Milner the game isn't close. I cant ever remember BC getting out shot by a margin like that in that building..................how did you guys lose to Holy Cross?

ttnorm
01-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Great to see Tim Taylor in the awards ceremony at the World Juniors! Congrats USA!

LTsatch
01-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Great to see Tim Taylor in the awards ceremony at the World Juniors! Congrats USA!

Yale coach Dan Muse was also part of the staff.

yalehockeyfan
01-05-2013, 01:53 PM
without a doubt, if not for Milner the game isn't close. I cant ever remember BC getting out shot by a margin like that in that building..................how did you guys lose to Holy Cross?

We lack discipline.
In addition were coming off an exhibition game which was a complete joke and in my opinion set us up for a predicted let-down against an inferior opponent.