Yale Bulldogs Hockey - 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey - 2012-2013

Overall, I agree with your assessment of the game, but I would add a couple of items.

Witek is a liability on D. He let his man go around him a couple of times and neither touched him or the puck. He also looked lost when near his own goal both with the puck and without. I'm assuming freshman jitters, but he didn't look skating either.

4th line wasn't much of a factor.

Lags is awesome to watch.

Young had a nice deke and set up for Lags first goal.

Miller, yes a terrific passer and offensive weapon, but I noticed in a last home stand he would "lose" himself on the ice and make a poor defensive decisions from time to time. Case in point, 3 on 3 Brown Rush (2nd period ?) entering Yale's zone, Miller is in the middle, he decides to attempt a poke check. He missed the puck, stick, and the skater. 10 seconds later Brown scored. This isn't the 1st time this year I noticed an opposing team scored off of one of his miscues. So far, his offensive contributions have been offsetting his defensive mistakes.

Sorry for the nit picking.

Comment

Anytime you see Miller skating backwards, the other team scores, just my theory. He is just to small to take the body, kind of like a quarterback trying to tackle in football. Brock Little was the same way. Although Miller will forecheck, Brock could not be bothered.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Anytime you see Miller skating backwards, the other team scores, just my theory. He is just to small to take the body, kind of like a quarterback trying to tackle in football. Brock Little was the same way. Although Miller will forecheck, Brock could not be bothered.
        The equivalent of playing defense in the NBA. I swear I heard Miller say "Ole" as the brown player went by him untouched.

Comment

I actually said to my friend at the game "Oh chit! Miller is trying to play defense."
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Was at the Brown game and been at a couple of others so far and I agree with most of the assessments here. Witek has looked lost at times, but I think the coaches are high on him and Obuchowski and want them to develop as 5th and 6th defenseman - for some reason they are down on Killian it seems. Root-Agostino-Miller line has been as advertised for the most part, they are fun to watch. I believe the CC coach after the game called them the best line in college hockey (high praise from a WCHA coach). Lags seems like he can just take over a game whenever he wants - would love to see him be more consistent.

On defense, the pairing of Young and O'gara just dominate other teams top lines, it is amazing to see. These two are turning into one of the top shutdown pairs I have seen in quite some time.
            Dueck has been solid and consistent just like he has since sophomore year and Fallen has fantastic offensive abilities and has improved his defense this year as well - another stud in the making IMO.

Witek and Obuchowski have been inconsistent, yet for freshman, have been very good. They do not provide the offense of a Fallen or Peel but they seem to battle in the d-zone and do not make too many "terrible" mistakes. I think the Defense as a whole is a lot better this year defensively which is why the team has success. Yale will always score goals, but when they can stop them too - they can be dangerous.

Speaking of stopping goals, Malcolm has been phenomenal and I think Allain may have been resting him this weekend? because it seems almost obvious that he should be the #1 full-time going forward.

I look forward to seeing what this team can accomplish!

Comment

Stayed at a steady 15 in the USCHO rankings, still too small of a sample compared to the amount of games the other teams play. I have to miss both games next week due to family commitments. Does anyone know if Yale all access works on an I-Phone?
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                Stayed at a steady 15 in the USCHO rankings, still too small of a sample compared to the amount of games the other teams play. I have to miss both games next week due to family commitments. Does anyone know if Yale all access works on an I-Phone?
                Yes it does, watched the Brown game from my iPhone.
                Yale Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by yalebulldogfan View Post
                  Yes it does, watched the Brown game from my iPhone.
                  I'm gonna be that guy at dinner, might be better off just peeking at the CHN score app.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

As stated previously the biggest difference over last year is three Freshman D logging big minutes without as many mistakes, so much that Killian will battle hard to maintain a spot. Wilson a pleasant surprise but this team could get really good if young guys like Day and Beattie get going. Right. Now I'd say "most improved" to Root. If Lags keeps moving to the net, he may be among the top 10 NHL free agent signings after season. Good to see Malcombs confidence on the rise.

Comment

• Originally posted by nopuckluck View Post
                      As stated previously the biggest difference over last year is three Freshman D logging big minutes without as many mistakes, so much that Killian will battle hard to maintain a spot. Wilson a pleasant surprise but this team could get really good if young guys like Day and Beattie get going. Right. Now I'd say "most improved" to Root. If Lags keeps moving to the net, he may be among the top 10 NHL free agent signings after season. Good to see Malcombs confidence on the rise.
                      Is Killian injured?

Yale lists Lags as leading nation in goals per game at .89.

Comment

• Originally posted by Let's Go BLUE!!! View Post
                        Is Killian injured?

Yale lists Lags as leading nation in goals per game at .89.
                        Correction.

Yale's facts are incorrect. Lags doesn't lead nation in goals per game

Comment

I know nothing about any Killian injury. The folks at the Yale Hockey Facebook group (great bunch of fans) are gauging interest in a bus trip to the BC game. Check it out at http://www.facebook.com/groups/78312317064/
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Lags is #1 in G/game: http://collegehockeystats.net/1213/national/d1m

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale13 View Post
                              Yep. My bad, misread it

Comment

Hey Bulldogs fans!

Just a reminder that all three home games coming up in the next five days — Friday vs. RPI, Saturday vs. Union, and Tuesday vs. UMass — will be broadcast live on WYBC.com, available on computers and mobile devices. Every game starts at 7:00 p.m. EST, and our pregame coverage, including an interview with Coach Allain, will begin around 6:40 p.m. each evening!
                                All Yale home games and select road games on WYBC-AM 1340 and WYBC.com! Also accessible on mobile devices on WYBC.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X