Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance the Penn State scandal has an impact on hockey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance the Penn State scandal has an impact on hockey?

A writer for the USA Today gave the opinion that Penn State football should be shut down for an entire season. What if more is uncovered in the next year regarding the athletics department as a whole and worst case scenario Penn State athletics entire program gets put on hold?

No Penn State Hockey ---> No Big Ten Conference ---> Michigan, MSU OSU return to the CCHA ---> CCHA reforms and the nWCHA teams go back to the CCHA ---> Notre Dame pulls out of Hockey East ---> Left with an odd number of teams, Hockey East dumps U-Conn ---> WI and Minn return to the WCHA ---> Etc, Etc,... End Result Jo Pa saved college hockey as it exists today and UAH is still screwed.

Stranger things have happened... and it's Friday the 13th. Feel free to share your outside the box possible scanarios

Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Re: Any chance the Penn State scandal has an impact on hockey?

No.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

*****http://i6.***********.com/albums/y227/association330/facepalm.gif******

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        No.
        Well said.

Comment

**** it. Tell my parents that I loved them.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

The only impact it may have is if people are reluctant to send their children to school there.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Maybe potential recruits deciding to go somewhere else until the smoke clears.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                A writer for the USA Today gave the opinion that Penn State football should be shut down for an entire season. What if more is uncovered in the next year regarding the athletics department as a whole and worst case scenario Penn State athletics entire program gets put on hold?

No Penn State Hockey ---> No Big Ten Conference ---> Michigan, MSU OSU return to the CCHA ---> CCHA reforms and the nWCHA teams go back to the CCHA ---> Notre Dame pulls out of Hockey East ---> Left with an odd number of teams, Hockey East dumps U-Conn ---> WI and Minn return to the WCHA ---> Etc, Etc,... End Result Jo Pa saved college hockey as it exists today and UAH is still screwed.

Stranger things have happened... and it's Friday the 13th. Feel free to share your outside the box possible scanarios

Ryan J
                It will only impact your ability to get a jersey.

Comment

maybe no showers?

Comment

The program will still exist but they may have a harder time getting recruits who don't want to be associated with the school and I think that will be true for all sports at Penn State.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

If they death penalty the football program, it may have an impact on the funding of the hockey program, but it won't lead to the axing of the hockey program. Just means they'll probably suck for longer.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

With how young you have to start scouting these days, the coaches probably shouldn't wear any PSU gear on their trips.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          If they death penalty the football program, it may have an impact on the funding of the hockey program, but it won't lead to the axing of the hockey program. Just means they'll probably suck for longer.
                          Don't worry on the funding for the Hockey Program...Pengula,who donated to the arena will be right there if they need money to proceed...and sorry if I butchered the donors name.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            Don't worry on the funding for the Hockey Program...Pengula,who donated to the arena will be right there if they need money to proceed...and sorry if I butchered the donors name.
                            I expect nothing less from someone who's probably also a Bruins fan to get the name of the owner of the Sabres wrong... Pegula.

Comment

The only thing less likely than Penn St. shutting down their athletic program is for Michigan Tech fans to stop whining about the BTHC and NCHC.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                              X