Swallow head coach at Nichols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swallow head coach at Nichols

Not a fan of the hire. The guy has 1 year of experience coaching and more importantly 1 year experience recruiting.Shame on Nichols for not making the gig full-time and keeping Izzi on board. Never had any help from the school and Izzi was able to get kids like Educate, Munson, Monte, Kohn, Gervais,and Costello. Giving teams a good go at it.

Wonder what Swallow will be doing for his full time job.?

Re: Swallow head coach at Nichols

Maine native hired to coach men’s program at Nichols College
    By Chris Roy Published: 10th July 2012

Portland, ME – Maine native Kevin Swallow is making the jump from assistant coach to head coach.

Swallow was named the head coach of the Nichols College men’s ice hockey team on Monday.
    Link>>>>>

Comment

I didn't realize Kevin was a Maine native, don't recall that ever being mentioned while he played at Maine. I was thinking his family lived in Michigan? He was a very good student and solid player. I liked him alot, but thought he would score more goals than he actually did in his two years at Maine. Primarily used as a penalty killer. I wish him well and I am sure his players will perform in the classroom and on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        I didn't realize Kevin was a Maine native, don't recall that ever being mentioned while he played at Maine. I was thinking his family lived in Michigan? He was a very good student and solid player. I liked him alot, but thought he would score more goals than he actually did in his two years at Maine. Primarily used as a penalty killer. I wish him well and I am sure his players will perform in the classroom and on the ice.
        He's from Michigan. Not sure where the Maine "native" part comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by joeyc3402 View Post
          He's from Michigan. Not sure where the Maine "native" part comes from.
          From the Nichols press release and therefore likely from Swallow himself. He also spent some time in Michigan too but he seems to think that he comes from Maine. . .
          Last edited by d3follower; 07-10-2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

There's something about the headline and the pair of great whites off Cape Cod.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by d3follower View Post
              Reminds me of the story about the 80 year old woman who was born at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Hospital, but lived the rest of her life in White River Junction. When she died the headlines on her obituary in the Valley News said "New Hampshire Woman Dies"
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
              X