Frozen 4 Priority Number Confirmation email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen 4 Priority Number Confirmation email

Those who have a priority status for purchasing Frozen 4 tickets should have received an email from the NCAA stating their priority number. You have until the end of July to dispute the number; otherwise all assigned priority numbers are final. This is in preparation for the new purchase system that will be taking effect.

Re: Frozen 4 Priority Number Confirmation email

yep, disputing a missing priority for 2004 which I had to dispute when I applied in 2005. Had the email from NCAA from back thenwhen they acknowledged awarding the point, of course the chances of finding a receipt from 10 years ago are slim... hope they take the correspondence from back then...

Comment

I got the Email, My number is 13, whats the highest priority you can have?
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        I got the Email, My number is 13, whats the highest priority you can have?
        It looks like it is 16. They have my number wrong. I have the confirmation emails so I will send them in this week.
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

What year did the lottery actually start? I ask because when the NCAA announced the Priority Point System they arbitrarily set year 1 as 1997 (because, IIRC, that was the earliest year they had verifiable records), meaning the Highest Priority Number for applicants *already on record with the NCAA* = 16 as of the 2012 FF. I believe the lottery was announced ca. 2000, meaning the Highest Priority Number for first time applicants *as of the lottery announcement* would be 12 or 13 - is that right?

I'm guessing that the largest cohort of ticket applicants has this Priority Number, comprised of everyone like me who jumped into the lottery the first year it was offered and have faithfully requested tix each subsequent year (well, except perhaps for the FFFF debacle). The fortunate few with higher numbers - who'll have first choice of seat location - shouldn't have too much early competition, but that should ramp up considerably once tix are released to Priority Number 12/13. That should set the NCAA servers humming ...

Comment

Originally posted by jeteye1717 View Post
            What year did the lottery actually start? I ask because when the NCAA announced the Priority Point System they arbitrarily set year 1 as 1997 (because, IIRC, that was the earliest year they had verifiable records), meaning the Highest Priority Number for applicants *already on record with the NCAA* = 16 as of the 2012 FF. I believe the lottery was announced ca. 2000, meaning the Highest Priority Number for first time applicants *as of the lottery announcement* would be 12 or 13 - is that right?

I'm guessing that the largest cohort of ticket applicants has this Priority Number, comprised of everyone like me who jumped into the lottery the first year it was offered and have faithfully requested tix each subsequent year (well, except perhaps for the FFFF debacle). The fortunate few with higher numbers - who'll have first choice of seat location - shouldn't have too much early competition, but that should ramp up considerably once tix are released to Priority Number 12/13. That should set the NCAA servers humming ...
            I don't know how arbitrary it was. I thought they started keeping the records for the Milwaukee FF in '97 intentionally for the purpose of going to the lottery system. I'm not sure about 1998, but I thought they were starting the "lottery" either then or in 1999, but in Anahiem, it turned out to be completely unnecessary, for obvious reasons. I'm almost positive it was used in Providence in 2000, because I was really wondering if I would land tickets or not. Even though '99 was an attendance failure, the numbers that were there would have more than out-sold the Dunkin-Donuts Center (or whatever the Providence Civic Center is called now).
            Can't we all just get along?
            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

I don't think the lottery was in effect for Providence in 2000. I remember that I went to purchase tickets a couple of weeks after they went on sale and it was already sold out. That would not have been the case with a lottery. Also in 2000 I bought regional tickets for Albany that guaranteed tickets to the championships the next year in Albany in 2001. I think St. Paul in 2002 was a lottery.

Comment

Is this number supposed to include the potential of buying for this year's 2013 FF or just 2012 and prior?

I ask because I am pretty sure my account has never purchased tickets and they sent me an email with a priority of 1. All of these year's we've been using my wife's account (she won the lottery before I did and we've been going with hers ever since to keep the priority going) and I think her number is right for just the prior purchases (Nine = 2004-2012). It just doesn't line up unless I am wrong about not purchasing tickets with my own account.

BTW, shouldn't we be hearing about future FF sites sometime soon?
                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 07-10-2012, 08:04 AM.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Is this number supposed to include the potential of buying for this year's 2013 FF or just 2012 and prior?

I ask because I am pretty sure my account has never purchased tickets and they sent me an email with a priority of 1. All of these year's we've been using my wife's account (she won the lottery before I did and we've been going with hers ever since to keep the priority going) and I think her number is right for just the prior purchases (Nine = 2004-2012). It just doesn't line up unless I am wrong about not purchasing tickets with my own account.

NOT including potential for this year.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Nick, did you possibly buy tickets under your own name before the lottery began(possibly 1998 in Boston or 2000 in Providence or 2001 in Albany)? Those apply to your priority as well as the lottery years. By the way you passed me(8) as I stopped ordering FF after the Denver BC win and have gone to regionals instead. While our numbers do not get us good seats they should be enough to get us into the arena, at least for now.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                      I don't think the lottery was in effect for Providence in 2000 ... I think St. Paul in 2002 was a lottery.
                      All of us seem to be coalescing around 2000, 2001, or 2002 as the year the FF ticket lottery officially began, but there doesn't appear to be a definitive answer just yet. Multiple sources have confirmed that 16 is the Maximum Priority Number (1997 -) for ticket applicants *already on record with the NCAA* but I'm still curious re: what the Maximum Priority Number is for first time applicants *as of the lottery announcement* ... Earlier I guessed 12 or 13 - does anyone know for certain? Perhaps a polite email to the NCAA is in order ...

Comment

I got a response to my message. They said there was "a glitch in the system" and they have corrected my priority number. I was shocked - the NC$$ had a glitch in their system.
                        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

With regard to the 2010 Detroit (Ford Field) Frozen Four ticket lottery, I seem to remember something about not losing a year's priority ranking for that particular tourney if you failed to order tickets for the event. I can't recall why the NCAA would have allowed amnesty for that tournament, but maybe someone can negate or confirm my hazy memory.
                          LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno View Post
                            With regard to the 2010 Detroit (Ford Field) Frozen Four ticket lottery, I seem to remember something about not losing a year's priority ranking for that particular tourney if you failed to order tickets for the event. I can't recall why the NCAA would have allowed amnesty for that tournament, but maybe someone can negate or confirm my hazy memory.
                            You are correct. Of course they also said you would lose your priority in total if you skipped a year which was the reason for the exception. That doesn't seemed to have happened though so, as usual with the nc$$, believe at your own risk.
                            Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno View Post
                              Don't know what you mean by "lose" priority. If say, you had ten, and you didn't get tickets for FFFF, they wouldn't cut you back to nine. But that's true of any FF. For example, if you had ten priority points and you skipped Tampa, you'd still have ten.

What they said was that if you already had priority points, and you went, you'd gain another. If you did not already have priority points and FFFF was your first, you wouldn't get your first one by buying tickets for the FFFF. The net effect is that if you skipped FFFF like I did, you lost priority relative to the folks who already had points and attended, but not relative to the folks whose attendance at the FFFF was their first FF.
                              Last edited by CLS; 07-16-2012, 09:57 AM. Reason: correct format

Comment

Working...
                              X