PDA

View Full Version : Boston University 2012 Offseason

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

DaveStPaul
06-27-2012, 03:26 PM
We got Patriot League realignment analysis, we got Jesuitical guest speaker analysis, we even got Miss USA in the house. Knock yourselves out. I'm getting a gin and tonic.

DaveStPaul
06-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Also, mookie still doesn't have a schedule.

sonar
06-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Gin and tonic is one of the most
fluent languages.

Scarlet
06-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Also, mookie still doesn't have a schedule.

I have it. I'm just not sharing it. :)

Parker Ranger
06-27-2012, 04:43 PM

Hokymom? :)

DaveStPaul
06-27-2012, 05:07 PM

No you're never gonna get it,
Never ever gonna get it!
Not this time!
No you're never gonna get it,
Never ever gonna get it!
Oooooooooooh, bop!

goalguard
06-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Sorry if I'm repeating something that recently appeared on the old thread, but it was interesting to see how many BU prospects were drafted. Maybe I mistabulated, but it looks as if BU got eight to BC's 4. (If I counted right, the rest of HE got 7 combined.)

I wouldn't put too much stock in this, because some number ones are a bust and some undrafted players make a real contribution. (Chris Higgins comes to mind.)

brassbonanza
06-27-2012, 06:05 PM
some undrafted players make a real contribution
I've heard they occasionally win a Hobey as well.

goalguard
06-27-2012, 07:14 PM
I've heard they occasionally win a Hobey as well.
Oh, yeah, there was him, too.

DaveStPaul
06-28-2012, 05:31 PM
A little quiet in here. I like it.

Gin and tonic is one of the most fluent languages.
Well said! Tonight it's a margarita, but the point still stands.

brassbonanza
06-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Word on the street is America East is banning BU from conference championships in every sport this year as a response to the move to the Patriot League. This effectively bans BU from every NCAA tournament except men's and women's hockey as well as wrestling. Absolutely disgraceful.

mookie1995
07-01-2012, 06:16 AM
Word on the street is America East is banning BU from conference championships in every sport this year as a response to the move to the Patriot League. This effectively bans BU from every NCAA tournament except men's and women's hockey as well as wrestling. Absolutely disgraceful.

If I come home and tell mrs mookie I'm leaving her ,chances are I'd be banned from her too...

Scarlet
07-01-2012, 08:41 AM

Is BU the first team to ever leave a conference? :confused: Is BU the first team to leave America East? What a bunch of babies those other schools are.

claver2010
07-01-2012, 08:59 AM

Hey at least you don't have every administrator as a defendant on a multi million dollar lawsuit...

TroutSlayer
07-01-2012, 09:17 AM

It would be a total joke. You want to keep teams in your conference? Raise the buy out, adopt different rules going forward. America East is digging itself a deeper hole by reacting this way. If i'm Stony Brook this makes me much more likely to bolt for the Colonial or anyone really. Real shame for the many student athletes who have their chance to compete for a championship taken away.

Tater
07-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Nice article on incoming freshman Matt Grzelcyk.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/06/matt-grzelcyk-comes-full-circle-in-pursuit-of-dream-to-play-for-hometown-bruins.html

jjmc85
07-01-2012, 03:15 PM
It's not just America East that does this. The CAA is doing it to Old Dominion and Georgia State as well.

Tater
07-01-2012, 03:23 PM
It's not just America East that does this. The CAA is doing it to Old Dominion and Georgia Southern as well.

Though the difference being that it was previously in the CAA by-laws that a departing team cannot participate in the conference tournament. Big difference. Though this is all rumor right now.

If true, since BU dominates in so many sports in America East, I say that BU should go Bill Belichick on them in the regular season! :D

Agganis
07-01-2012, 06:12 PM
If true, since BU dominates in so many sports in America East, I say that BU should go Bill Belichick on them in the regular season! :D

America East Revenge Tour 2012-13
You don't want to play nice? Well neither do we.

candycanes99
07-02-2012, 07:30 AM
It would be a total joke. You want to keep teams in your conference? Raise the buy out, adopt different rules going forward. America East is digging itself a deeper hole by reacting this way. If i'm Stony Brook this makes me much more likely to bolt for the Colonial or anyone really. Real shame for the many student athletes who have their chance to compete for a championship taken away.

Basically you're better off screwing the conference and finding a way to leave like a thief in the night rather than giving a season's notice. Heck, they should be happy, no one else ever wins the non-basketball sports it seems like. Now there'll be some competition in their conference again.