X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2012 Offseason

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
    I wonder what it would take for the NC$$ to give a program the "death peanlty". Do they require actual deaths?
    Well, they gave the SMU football program the death penalty in the mid '80s for violations that occured during the early '80s. As I recall, there were brazen violations of pay-for-play, recruiting infractions, even after the NCAA warned them. Something along the lines of the NO Saints and the bounty violations. The NFL warned them and they didn't allow the warning to deter them.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Kevin Roy has decommitted from Brown. is he back on BU's radar? Do they have scholarship $$?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
        Penn State got off easy.
        I would have gone with 10 year bowl ban, but vacating the wins was huge. That stripped them of the very thing they tried to protect by concealing the crimes.

I assume the big 10 will ban them from conf champ since they are banned from advancing to bcs - if they are even competitive
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
          Kevin Roy has decommitted from Brown. is he back on BU's radar? Do they have scholarship $$?
          No $ left at all. Not a penny ( unless a scholarship player bolts immediately)

Comment

Originally posted by BUTerrierfan View Post
            No $ left at all. Not a penny ( unless a scholarship player bolts immediately)
            Where did Clendening's scholarship go?

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
              In order to get Chachi, they used the money to give Joanie a cheerleading scholarship
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                I would have gone with 10 year bowl ban, but vacating the wins was huge. That stripped them of the very thing they tried to protect by concealing the crimes.

I assume the big 10 will ban them from conf champ since they are banned from advancing to bcs - if they are even competitive
                The B1G already did ban them from the conference championship and they will not be allowed to receive any of the BCS revenue that's distributed among conference members over the next four years. The sanctions are about as good as they can be without creating even more bystander victims who had nothing to do with this situation. If this plays any role in the BU task force, that would be an egregious mistake, since one of the cases the

y were tasked to investigate has already proven to be more or less false, and the other has been downgraded in severity since it occurred. I expect some basic recommendations about letting players into bars, giving them more training about how to handle themselves and who they associate with, yada, yada. Nothing more than that. Nicastro's dismissal of charges and the comments from the DA's office somewhat devalued the perceived urgent necessity of this task force.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  If this plays any role in the BU task force, that would be an egregious mistake, since one of the cases they were tasked to investigate has already proven to be more or less false.
                  What has been proven to be false?

Comment

What has been proven to be false?
                    Nothing..... Nothing has been proven false
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Perhaps proven was the wrong word, but the fact that the DA dismissed all charges against Nicastro, and stated that they felt they would not be able to prove those charges makes it fairly apparent that was he was accused of did not occur as they alleged.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Uh, no it doesn't. It just means they didn't think they could prove the case. Nothing more than that. This isn't a case where the alleged victim admits they made it all up. Perhaps there's a chance that could still happen but to my knowledge, it hasn't yet.

Comment

Do they have scholarship $$?
                          *****http://worldwest.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2008/07/06/triplecrown_1_7-6-08_t620.jpg?fbf2daa044e08a86b24c9c38cd7501865a0e23 73******

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                            Does anybody know the answer to this question? Did Clendening's money go to someone who was already locked in, say a reward to an upperclassman or something like that?
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              Does anybody know the answer to this question? Did Clendening's money go to someone who was already locked in, say a reward to an upperclassman or something like that?
                              I believe there is one available because one of the incoming recruits (Hetnik?) has a parent who is an employee of BU and thus can attend school at a 90% tuition discount, so a scholarship isn't necessary.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                I believe there is one available because one of the incoming recruits (Hetnik?) has a parent who is an employee of BU and thus can attend school at a 90% tuition discount, so a scholarship isn't necessary.
                                Hetnik was decelerated to 2013 before the Clendening news broke. FL reported BU was looking to use his scholarship on an additional D instead of reaccelerating Hetnik. I haven't heard any news anywhere since then.

Comment

Working...
                                X