This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012 Offseason

“He can’t control what the players do when he’s not there,” said Lauren Mullins, a BU junior, adding that blame should not be placed entirely on players, either: “I think it’s out of control because the girls let it get out of control.”
    Yeah! It's the girls' faults!

http://mobile.boston.com/art/30/news.../?single=0&p=2
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by bukevin View Post
      "Getting into and out of" means for me, getting out to I-93 to return to the Merrimack Valley. I never pay to park for a BU game -- there are lots of easy side streets. There is no good way to get to Conte for me, from the Kenmore Square end or the I-95 end, especially on Fridays. I agree with Eric in the end, Conte may not "suck, " but it has no inherently stronger positives to make it better than Agganis. and to return to the heart of the matter: the BU program has not been headed in a positive direction for some time. That does not mean I want it to fail, and in no way, shape. or form, would I become a regular at Conte as an alternative. All things are cyclical, and some day for whatever unpredictable reasons, the BU-BC dynamic will change. In the meantime, in terms of a roughly $2,500 expenditure (tickets, gas, food, beverages) for a full season, my money yields a far greater return when I ski... even last winter, my son and I got out 17 times and never came home feeling the way we did after so many BU games over the past few seasons.

i dunno,i work in Lynn, and on Friday's I drive to Bradford from work to pick my wife up and head to BC , 495 to 93 to 128 to Comm Ave, the ride to BC from the valley is long but it is easy

Comment

Fun Fact: In each of the last 10 seasons, BU has placed the fewest players on the Hockey East All-Academic Team.

*****http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/pierce/dean%20wormer.png******
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by bukevin View Post
          Nick, how do you drive with your head up your butt? Can you post a video?
          If raping is such a common thing and not specific to BU, where are the examples? This BU story is going to be a national news story within the next few days and if not for the Patriots season starting, it would be a bigger story locally. It seems to me that BU is recruiting the "wrong" kids. Kids that should be playing Major Junior (good hockey players, but have no interest in school whatsoever). I dont mean EVERY BU player, because certainly many of them are upstanding students and good overall people who were brought up well by their parents.

Perhaps Parker is trying to keep up with Boston College so badly that he'd taking lower character kids? I can't imagine this is just a coincidence. I'm guessing (with zero facts to back it up) that Vinnie Saponari was a major problem for Parker in 2009 and he booted for reasons like this story. Makes you wonder if guys like Andrew Glass was too considering his mysterious exodus a few years ago, too.
          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

What is going on at BU is not a laughing matter. This is serious. Jack Parker needs to step down immediately and take responsibility. How he could let this happen on his watch is beyond me. Does the school seriously condone this kind of behavior by looking the other way in the pursuit of national championships? Why did it take this long for all of this to come to the forefront?

The BU hockey program needs to shut down for a year at least and there have to be guidelines and oversight put into place so that this never happens again. I get that young people are prone to make some bad choices but this goes way beyond that. What an absolute disgrace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
              What is going on at BU is not a laughing matter. This is serious. Jack Parker needs to step down immediately and take responsibility. How he could let this happen on his watch is beyond me. Does the school seriously condone this kind of behavior by looking the other way in the pursuit of national championships? Why did it take this long for all of this to come to the forefront?

The BU hockey program needs to shut down for a year at least and there have to be guidelines and oversight put into place so that this never happens again. I get that young people are prone to make some bad choices but this goes way beyond that. What an absolute disgrace.
              Great perspective, Tipper.

I was wondering what you were up to since Al is retired.
              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                I CALL BULL****!!!'. Cause we know you do
                Well, I do read all of your posts...

Comment

[QUOTE=Onion Man;5498001] It seems to me that BU is recruiting the "wrong" kids. Kids that should be playing Major Junior (good hockey players, but have no interest in school whatsoever). I dont mean EVERY BU player, because certainly many of them are upstanding students and good overall people who were brought up well by their parents.[QUOTE]

If BU is recruiting the “wrong” kids, what does that say about the other schools who recruited the same kids? With very few exceptions, every BU scholarship player had multiple offers. In recent years, players who chose BU were recruited by schools including Harvard, Michigan, Michigan State, North Dakota, Wisconsin, BC and others. Trivino was pursued by numerous CCHA and Hockey East schools. Even kids like Warsofsky, who always a slamdunk for BU, had offers from other schools.

Clearly, BU has serious problems, but recruiting the wrong kids isn’t one of them.

And nice job with innuendo regarding Saponari and Glass. Neither dismissal was due to drinking or sexual activity. Saponari has pretty much acknowledged some of the on-ice discipline issues that caused his demise.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

If BU is recruiting the “wrong” kids, what does that say about the other schools who recruited the same kids? With very few exceptions, every BU scholarship player had multiple offers. In recent years, players who chose BU were recruited by schools including Harvard, Michigan, Michigan State, North Dakota, Wisconsin, BC and others. Trivino was pursued by numerous CCHA and Hockey East schools. Even kids like Warsofsky, who always a slamdunk for BU, had offers from other schools.

Clearly, BU has serious problems, but recruiting the wrong kids isn’t one of them.

And nice job with innuendo regarding Saponari and Glass. Neither dismissal was due to drinking or sexual activity. Saponari has pretty much acknowledged some of the on-ice discipline issues that caused his demise.
                    Duh Glass was kicked out for studying and having confidence in himself in a self-assessment remember? Or is Senile Jack still confused and changing his story as to why he cleaned out Glass' locker?
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                      I'm guessing (with zero facts to back it up) that Vinnie Saponari was a major problem for Parker in 2009 and he booted for reasons like this story. Makes you wonder if guys like Andrew Glass was too considering his mysterious exodus a few years ago, too.
                      And I'm guessing your dad is also your uncle and your mom is also your aunt with zero facts to go on beyond the above stupidity.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Has anyone asked the following questions:

1. Who leaked the report that was supposed to be confidential to protect the identities of the persons sumitting information and

2. How much of what the Globe is taking as gospel was unverified by the TF?

Comment

• Originally posted by CDRAL View Post

1. Who leaked the report that was supposed to be confidential to protect the identities of the persons sumitting information and

Good questions......

Comment

Originally posted by CDRAL View Post

I'd also like to know where they got the info since BU is not a public school and thus not required to make such information public, and it's not subject to an FOI request.

Also, I believe most of the reports of individual incidents like the one about the girl claiming the player put his hand down her pants were singular accounts that the TF could not confirm actually happened and did not include for that reason. The Agganis party most definitely happened, specifically what details were true, who knows, but the thing is, nothing happened either in the account from the paper or in the stories I've heard, that wouldn't happen at your average Friday night frat party. Is it wrong for the team to do it? Probably, though the season was over and they had the right to celebrate, and they probably should've done it at someone's house instead, but if they're going to be chastised for drinking and having sex, then 95% of other college students should be chastised for the same thing.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

This Mary at the globe was the reporter who wrote about this back in the winter. I emailed her some questions i still have and tried to push her in that direction then. I still have yet to see answers now as then. She has only moved onto quoting a female activist now.

Seems getting facts is old school. Easier to keep asking questions (which, I can do from home ). I want them to get me answers like woodward and Bernstein did.

I feel like Jon malkovich's character in Red, " I remember the secret service being tougher"
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Hoky, who else?
                                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X