X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012 Offseason

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Now that the latest mystery is resolved, let's start looking at what this team could look like when the puck drops on 10/13. With the addition of Oksanen, there are 7 Ds (plus Ronan and Rosen for emergencies). So who is the likely odd man out and what combinations might we see? MacGregor seems the most likely to be out of the lineup more often than not. That would mean going with four left-shot Ds. My own speculation:

Escobedo Privitera
    Grzelcyk Ruikka
    Noonan Oksanen
    I personally think that Ruikka will be the odd man out most often but I would guess

Escobedo Privitera
    Noonan Oksanen
    Grzelcyk MacGregor
    GO BU

Comment

Minor loss. Good physicality, but also took some brutal penalties, not the least of which was the gamer against Minny that lead to the goal that sealed it.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Beyond a depth loss, this is really not a loss at all to you guys IMO even though I know some people were somewhat high on him for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Beyond a depth loss, this is really not a loss at all to you guys IMO even though I know some people were somewhat high on him for whatever reason.
          Certainly not a body blow kind of loss, but not as minimal as others have speculated. Having earned as "A" as a junior, he must've had qualities the coaches respected. These qualities would've been useful given the influx of young players this season. Aside from the game DQ vs UMTC, I don't recall many other penalties last season. He was a solid player in the corners and in front of the net. He played well in the D-zone, also.
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Well....he has really beautiful eyes....[/shallow girl comment]

But I'm thinking that isn't what you were referring to.

Comment

If I'm looking at the right stats, he led the team in PIMs and was a -5. Only Gaudet and Escobedo were worse in that department.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                So, yeah, Mike Eruzione is speaking at the Republican National Convention tonight.
                Bah.

Gonna have to mothball my Eruzione jersey now.
                Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                  Bah.

Gonna have to mothball my Eruzione jersey now.
                  In the perverse alternate reality in Tampa, Luke has been seduced by the Dark Side. [Sigh]
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                    Certainly not a body blow kind of loss, but not as minimal as others have speculated. Having earned as "A" as a junior, he must've had qualities the coaches respected. These qualities would've been useful given the influx of young players this season. Aside from the game DQ vs UMTC, I don't recall many other penalties last season. He was a solid player in the corners and in front of the net. He played well in the D-zone, also.
                    Courtnall was a crash bang player. Often not thinking before he plowed other players. He had at least 3 DQ's or GM for illegal hits this past season.. Those all carried 5 min major penalties. Pros are a better fit for him, at least until he jumps into a player from behind and then we'll know if he can use his fists too. I wish him well though, hope he succeeds.

Comment

Slipped to page 2? C'mon people!

Thoughts on BU's freshman class ranking (stolen from the other thread)? 4th seems about right to me. Interesting that the author singles out Maguire. I'm hoping they both play well enough to require a rotation.

http://thehockeyguys.net/the-2012-to...ollege-hockey/
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Task Force Report

Comment

The task force recommends 14 corrective actions. Among them:

-Requiring annual sexual assault prevention training for the men’s hockey team.
                          -Establishment of an office to develop alcohol and drug prevention programs.
                          -Conducting a review of the Student-Athlete Code of Conduct.
                          -Instituting a plan by the athletics department to better integrate student-athletes into student life, with particular attention to housing.
                          -Conducting a review of admissions standards for hockey players.
                          -Eliminating the option for student-athletes to enroll in Metropolitan College.
                          -Requiring violations of University policies or local laws to be handled the same way as they are for nonathletes.
                          -Making a sports psychologist available to hockey players for confidential emotional support and guidance.
                          -Creating a peer and alumni mentoring program to encourage athletes to achieve academic excellence and meet career goals outside of hockey, and to develop healthy interpersonal and sexual relationships.
                          -Creating collaborative partnerships with local bars and businesses to implement policies and programs that will help ensure the safety of all students.
                          Can somebody more versed in BU student life explain what might be the hockey recruiting ramifications of the Met College corrective action? I never really understood the Met College distinction to be honest and don't really understand why some players are enrolled in it.

Furthermore, why does being in Met College correlate with improper behavior at all? Because of the looser enrollment standards?
                          #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                            Can somebody more versed in BU student life explain what might be the hockey recruiting ramifications of the Met College corrective action? I never really understood the Met College distinction to be honest and don't really understand why some players are enrolled in it.

Furthermore, why does being in Met College correlate with improper behavior at all? Because of the looser enrollment standards?
                            Take it for what it's worth:
                            Scott McLaughlin ‏@smclaughlin9
                            Metropolitan College is considered least demanding school at BU- lots of night school, online classes. Sort of an easy route for athletes.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

"Requiring annual sexual assault prevention training for the men’s hockey team."

There's actually a class on how to prevent yourself from raping someone? Who knew.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Take it for what it's worth:
                                That's about right. I'm not sure how that relates to the issue of sexual assault on campus, it's probably more geared towards maintaining the level of academic standards for the athletes.

Outside of Parker stepping down as Executive AD, there's not a whole lot there that's of any real significance, lots of generic recommendations that we all could've guessed would happen. It's a good idea to ditch that position, as it does create a more clear chain of command. So, some training sessions, better monitoring of academics, better integrate them into campus social life (a good idea as well), etc. And they concluded that the highest profile athletic team on campus is more sexually active with a small subset of the undergraduate population. Cut "Boston University" paste any school with a higher profile athletic team and you've got the same finding. And they found that some team members were being admitted with lower test scores than the general undergraduate population? WOW! Who knew?!

But this is the most important line of the whole report: "Finally, our assessment of team members’ recent disciplinary history did not reveal a pattern of infractions that was significantly different, in type or number, from the undergraduate population as a whole."
                                Last edited by brassbonanza; 09-05-2012, 01:16 PM.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X