No announcement yet.

>> RIT Tigers Offseason 2012: Reloading and working on the 'Polisseum' <<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >> RIT Tigers Offseason 2012: Reloading and working on the 'Polisseum' <<

Here's the write-up on @vancanucks's day with Tanev(no RIT mention, just a brief acknowledgement that he played in college). They're spending the day with Pinizzotto today.
    RIT Tigers

Comment

RIT sports tweeted yesterday that season ticket info will be announced Monday. My RIT Hockey RSS feed picked up this link this morning on Women's season tickets: http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...725121646.aspx, and pointed to this new website: https://rithockey.com/

Type General Admission Reserved
      General Public $10.00 $13.00
      Fac/Staff/Alum $8.00 (2 per valid ID, per game) $11.00
      RIT & External Students $5.00 (2 per valid ID, per game) $7.00
      Children 5 & Under Free (available @ door only) $5.00

Type General Admission Reserved
      General Public $145.00 $184.00
      Fac/Staff/Alum $116.00 $155.00
      RIT & External Students $65.00 $89.00

Tickets go on sale Monday 8/6 at 10am online, or August 29th at the Box Office. I posted women's ticket prices in the women's thread: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5478491

Fans can add women's season tickets to a men's package for $20, which is a good deal!
      Last edited by mar7967; 07-30-2012, 10:23 AM.
      Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
      College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
      Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
      Men's Frozen Four 2010
      Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
      Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
        NC games in the regular season at this point in the program's development ARE meaningless.
        I'm not sure what additional development we can do that doesn't involve winning OOC games. Isn't that part of developing the program? Winning more OOC games?

they had a great NC record this season
        If you think a 3-4 record is "great", it's no wonder you think OOC games are meaningless.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
          I'm not sure what additional development we can do that doesn't involve winning OOC games. Isn't that part of developing the program? Winning more OOC games?
          Powers &8^]
          Not exactly. Yes, there is a correlation, but the causal relationship is more the other way around (IMO). As the program develops, more quality wins will result. Just pulling off a couple more upsets every regular season does not really raise the level of the program all that much. Development of the program involves increasing the talent level of recruits coming in, leaving the AHA for a better conference, and eventually becoming nationally competitive to the point where winning a game against a Denver, UNH, Cornell, or Minnesota doesn't attract as much attention as it does now because its not a monumental upset anymore.

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
          If you think a 3-4 record is "great", it's no wonder you think OOC games are meaningless.Powers &8^]
          Lighten up a little bit. So I left out the word "relatively". 3-4 is the best the Tigers have ever done against one of the more difficult NC schedules they have had to date. Like I said previously, until it is no longer unexpected that RIT (or any other AHA team, for that matter) regularly beat Big-4 teams, 3-4 is still pretty good.
          Can't we all just get along?
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Since it is the off season and I am bored. It still amazes me how people don't seem to understand how non conference games shape up for RIT. Atlantic Hockey teams are not going to get an at large bid, overall the conference is just too weak for any team to get one. Until that changes that makes out of conference games basically meaningless other then pride. They also give Coach Wilson a chance to experiment and play new player to see how they do against some of the best talent they will ever face in College hockey.

Last year's Non Conference Schedule was very good for RIT. With the exception of an early season game with Final Four bond Union. RIT played well in every game, except maybe RPI but still was in that 2-0 game. No one expected them to win the Vermont Tournament. And not to mention they beat national runner up Ferris State. Wins like that get notice and will help build the program, but winning the AHA tournament, building the new arena, and possible moving to new conference with maybe a possibility of scholarships will be much more important than any out of conference game other than NCAA Tournament games...
            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule
            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
              Since it is the off season and I am bored. It still amazes me how people don't seem to understand how non conference games shape up for RIT. Atlantic Hockey teams are not going to get an at large bid, overall the conference is just too weak for any team to get one. Until that changes that makes out of conference games basically meaningless other then pride. They also give Coach Wilson a chance to experiment and play new player to see how they do against some of the best talent they will ever face in College hockey.

Last year's Non Conference Schedule was very good for RIT. With the exception of an early season game with Final Four bond Union. RIT played well in every game, except maybe RPI but still was in that 2-0 game. No one expected them to win the Vermont Tournament. And not to mention they beat national runner up Ferris State. Wins like that get notice and will help build the program, but winning the AHA tournament, building the new arena, and possible moving to new conference with maybe a possibility of scholarships will be much more important than any out of conference game other than NCAA Tournament games...
              Quoted the whole thing for emphasis, but specifically what I think people don't seem to realize is that even RIT treats OOC games like second class citizens. We always use those games to try out new lines, give guys ice time who've been riding the bench, and perhaps most importantly play our 2nd and 3rd string goalies. This sends a pretty clear message that, although winning is nice, the team's attitude is more about using OOC games as additional practice for AHA games. Despite this we will manage to do respectably (compared to our AHA peers) and gain some notoriety.

But until OOC games have any statistical chance to get us into the NCAA regionals, I can't really consider them part of our development. They are nice to win, but I'm okay with losing them if it means we get to see what Ruby or the new guy can do, seeing some different lines performances, ect.
              RIT

Comment

The problem with treating OOC games as practice is that RIT is missing advertising opportunities, so to speak. The better we compete nationally, the more attractive we look to more competative leagues for future scheduling or conference changes. I think focusing on AHA games as the sole path to the NCAAs, though true now, is a short sighted way to run this program.
                RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                  The problem with treating OOC games as practice is that RIT is missing advertising opportunities, so to speak. The better we compete nationally, the more attractive we look to more competative leagues for future scheduling or conference changes. I think focusing on AHA games as the sole path to the NCAAs, though true now, is a short sighted way to run this program.
                  The team and coaches are not treating OOC games as practice.

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                    I don't think we'll have any trouble moving conferences once a spot opens up. ECAC is an amazing fit for us, but we have to wait for there to be somewhere to park the bus, first. The issue is not one of respect, I think the general consensus is that RIT is a team on the bubble of being a legitimate team in spite of the AHA and every year we get another couple OOC wins that bolster that. But the fact remains the AHA has to be our focus, as that is where we will see the most success. Getting into another conference is not a matter of winning more OOC games.

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                    Based on what? It speaks volumes when you never play your stud goaltender and give extra minutes to the bottom line guys, not to mention straight up experimenting with lines and tactics. Wilson would never say it in such plain language, but he has said on numerous occasions that the OOC games are a perfect time to experiment with different ideas and get some guys looks.
                    RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                      Based on what? It speaks volumes when you never play your stud goaltender and give extra minutes to the bottom line guys, not to mention straight up experimenting with lines and tactics. Wilson would never say it in such plain language, but he has said on numerous occasions that the OOC games are a perfect time to experiment with different ideas and get some guys looks.
                      I agree with you. Wilson and anyone else can call it what they want but if your not putting your "A" team out on the ice and playing them like it was "must win" game then it's a practice (exhibition if you like that term better).
                      My Four Favorite teams:
                      RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                      Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

We can save ourselves the trouble and copy and paste this entire OOC discussion from last year?

BTW - don't forget, Madolora was suspended for the Union game by the NCAA - so you can't use that as Coach Wilson not trying.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                          I agree with you. Wilson and anyone else can call it what they want but if your not putting your "A" team out on the ice and playing them like it was "must win" game then it's a practice...
                          I hate when Wilson plays our second and third lines during a game. Clearly he stops trying he does that. Simply and utterly unacceptable.
                          KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                            I hate when Wilson plays our second and third lines during a game. Clearly he stops trying he does that. Simply and utterly unacceptable.
                            Yeah, that exactly what I meant. And really I don't see any need for defensemen, unless they can score. I would put five forwards out on the ice stacked across the width in an even row. I think that would work best. Kind of like an offensive trap scheme!!!
                            My Four Favorite teams:
                            RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                            Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post

Wow. Tom agrees with me. Must be a slow off-season
                              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                                Yeah, I wouldn't go so far as to call it "practice", but those games do tend to somewhat resemble exhibitions in approach. I'm sure the players are not playing as though they are exhibitions, (otherwise they NEVER could have shut out the national runners-up Ferris State). They want to win those badly, I'm sure. But who is on the ice and how often may not be the "A" game strategy at times.

Comment

Working...
                                X