Open Coaching Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Coaching Positions

Any info or rumblings of who will fill the coaching positions at Curry and now Manhattanville?

Re: Open Coaching Positions

Any rumblings on the Curry/ Manhattanville job?

Comment

These teams still havent picked head coaches yet???? I dont understand how these schools can't speed this process up. I understand it is hard to find the right choice for a program, however, I would be "ultra-hesitant" if I was a recruit. You need to have a head coach by now. Recruits will start going elsewhere. Any opinions on this? Does a head coach make or break a players decision ?? Thoughts

Comment

Talking with someone close to Curry tonight, it seems that they have their man for the job but are just finalizing things. Won't say his name in respect of waiting for it to be official however I will say it won't be a color change for him.

Comment

Holy Cross Assistant?

Comment

good choice. he has paid his dues and deserve a shot.

Comment

Curry and Mville have yet to make anything official yet. With the season right around the corner surprised Curry & Mville haven't named a coach yet. But I guess when your AD is off on vacation most the summer that could be tough. Hope for the players sake that something gets done shortly.

Comment

Haha are you kidding me with this username!?
                Sergei Fedorov, at the conclusion of his final season as a Red Wing.

"I just don't know what to think. I play in Colorado, they tell me they like me, and I get traded. I play in Calgary, and at the end of the season the GM tells me he likes me, and I get traded. I just hope my fiancee doesn't tell me she likes me."

Comment

Originally posted by NEHockeyFan07 View Post
                  Haha are you kidding me with this username!?
                  that is a very unique name...but Curry hires TJ Manastersky

Comment

Originally posted by NEhockeyFan88 View Post
                    that is a very unique name...but Curry hires TJ Manastersky
                    Must have been a memorable assist
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I just read the news on the USCHO site. Arlen Marshall is the New Head Coach of the Manhattanville Valiants.....

Comment

Originally posted by VCMCUC View Post
                        I just read the news on the USCHO site. Arlen Marshall is the New Head Coach of the Manhattanville Valiants.....
                        He got thrown off the bench as an assistant this past season. This one should be interesting. Also, here's an interesting comment from the the violations story on USCHO
                        Longstanding history of violations supported by a trustee and led by the former coach who got promoted at Athletics Director as violations became apparent. As faculty, we are happy that this has finally surfaced -- Athletics has been untouchable so far. But those who orchestrated the violations remain in power. This is what landed the college in trouble in 2008 when we were placed on warning by the Middle States Commission and nearly lost our accreditation. A bold and brave President who arrived in 2009 began to set the college on track and got us through accreditation. But of course, the Athletics Director and other athletics staff made her life hell for two years
                        Trouble in paradise??

Comment

With the Platty Assistant and former Nichols Head Coach as finalists for the Valiant job it seems the AD decided that incest is best. Why bring in an outsider with a reputation of honesty when you can keep your sins hidden by hiring one of the sources of your problems. With his history of indescretions, time for a new AD!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar View Post
                            With the Platty Assistant and former Nichols Head Coach as finalists for the Valiant job it seems the AD decided that incest is best. Why bring in an outsider with a reputation of honesty when you can keep your sins hidden by hiring one of the sources of your problems. With his history of indescretions, time for a new AD!!
                            Say what you will about the AD, but Arlen Marshall is one of the most stand up guys you'll ever meet. Honest as the day is long.

He just graduated in 2010, how is he one of the sources of the problem?

100% agree that Levinthal has made some poor decisions over the years, but hiring Arlen Marshall is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                              He got thrown off the bench as an assistant this past season. This one should be interesting. Also, here's an interesting comment from the the violations story on USCHO Trouble in paradise??
                              Elbojpb, you found that in the comment section of the article and thats exactly what it is, a comment, an opinion. Which is in accurate to begin with as he was athletic director thus being able to create hockey team, not the other way around? And id highly doubt that Manhattanville faculty members are trolling uscho looking to bash their athletic program. When Molly Smith was president her long term plan was to rid Manhattanville of athletics completely, which of course would make many people unhappy.

Levinthal is a 200 game winner, with several regular and playoff Conference championships. Arlen Marshall has devoted his adult life to Manhattanville and is a great fit for the program.

Trouble in paradise? Maybe for the ECACW with Mville returning all but 2 forwards

Comment

Working...
                              X