PDA

View Full Version : Open Coaching Positions

Pages : [1] 2 3

NEhockeyFan88
06-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Any info or rumblings of who will fill the coaching positions at Curry and now Manhattanville?

underthebar
07-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Any rumblings on the Curry/ Manhattanville job?

1Boston3
07-12-2012, 09:05 PM
These teams still havent picked head coaches yet???? I dont understand how these schools can't speed this process up. I understand it is hard to find the right choice for a program, however, I would be "ultra-hesitant" if I was a recruit. You need to have a head coach by now. Recruits will start going elsewhere. Any opinions on this? Does a head coach make or break a players decision ?? Thoughts :cool:

NEhockeyFan88
07-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Talking with someone close to Curry tonight, it seems that they have their man for the job but are just finalizing things. Won't say his name in respect of waiting for it to be official however I will say it won't be a color change for him.

North
07-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Holy Cross Assistant?

Vincent Chase
07-13-2012, 01:39 PM
good choice. he has paid his dues and deserve a shot.

NEhockeyFan88
08-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Curry and Mville have yet to make anything official yet. With the season right around the corner surprised Curry & Mville haven't named a coach yet. But I guess when your AD is off on vacation most the summer that could be tough. Hope for the players sake that something gets done shortly.

NEHockeyFan07
08-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Haha are you kidding me with this username!?

NEhockeyFan88
08-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Haha are you kidding me with this username!? that is a very unique name...but Curry hires TJ Manastersky

norm1909
08-12-2012, 05:59 PM
that is a very unique name...but Curry hires TJ Manastersky

Must have been a memorable assist (http://collegehockeystats.net/0506/boxes/mcurosw1.n19) ;)

VCMCUC
08-13-2012, 09:55 PM
I just read the news on the USCHO site. Arlen Marshall is the New Head Coach of the Manhattanville Valiants.....

elbojpb
08-13-2012, 10:09 PM
I just read the news on the USCHO site. Arlen Marshall is the New Head Coach of the Manhattanville Valiants.....He got thrown off the bench as an assistant this past season. This one should be interesting. Also, here's an interesting comment from the the violations story on USCHO
Longstanding history of violations supported by a trustee and led by the former coach who got promoted at Athletics Director as violations became apparent. As faculty, we are happy that this has finally surfaced -- Athletics has been untouchable so far. But those who orchestrated the violations remain in power. This is what landed the college in trouble in 2008 when we were placed on warning by the Middle States Commission and nearly lost our accreditation. A bold and brave President who arrived in 2009 began to set the college on track and got us through accreditation. But of course, the Athletics Director and other athletics staff made her life hell for two yearsTrouble in paradise??

LoneStar
08-13-2012, 10:22 PM
With the Platty Assistant and former Nichols Head Coach as finalists for the Valiant job it seems the AD decided that incest is best. Why bring in an outsider with a reputation of honesty when you can keep your sins hidden by hiring one of the sources of your problems. With his history of indescretions, time for a new AD!!

Dutchmen_04
08-14-2012, 08:54 AM
With the Platty Assistant and former Nichols Head Coach as finalists for the Valiant job it seems the AD decided that incest is best. Why bring in an outsider with a reputation of honesty when you can keep your sins hidden by hiring one of the sources of your problems. With his history of indescretions, time for a new AD!!

Say what you will about the AD, but Arlen Marshall is one of the most stand up guys you'll ever meet. Honest as the day is long.

He just graduated in 2010, how is he one of the sources of the problem?

100% agree that Levinthal has made some poor decisions over the years, but hiring Arlen Marshall is not one of them.

northwoodhockey17
08-14-2012, 09:08 AM
He got thrown off the bench as an assistant this past season. This one should be interesting. Also, here's an interesting comment from the the violations story on USCHO Trouble in paradise??

Elbojpb, you found that in the comment section of the article and thats exactly what it is, a comment, an opinion. Which is in accurate to begin with as he was athletic director thus being able to create hockey team, not the other way around? And id highly doubt that Manhattanville faculty members are trolling uscho looking to bash their athletic program. When Molly Smith was president her long term plan was to rid Manhattanville of athletics completely, which of course would make many people unhappy.

Levinthal is a 200 game winner, with several regular and playoff Conference championships. Arlen Marshall has devoted his adult life to Manhattanville and is a great fit for the program.

Trouble in paradise? Maybe for the ECACW with Mville returning all but 2 forwards

elbojpb
08-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Northwood - Any idea if the comment about Manhattanville being placed on "warning" (whatever that is) by the Middle States Commission accurate?

puckwiz
08-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Any word on the head coaching position at St Mike's

northwoodhockey17
08-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Northwood - Any idea if the comment about Manhattanville being placed on "warning" (whatever that is) by the Middle States Commission accurate?

I did some dirty work on the Middle States Commission site, and it seems to me that basically Manhattanville is being closer watched then previously because of academic plans being put in place that were not in line with what their board of directors were looking for. But latest update as of this past school year is that the school is still accredited. Seems that the previous president (in term from fall 2008- Spring 2011) put that school two steps backward. In terms of hockey, the senior and jr class of mville will now have its third coach in as many years.

With a new president and new head coach looking to bring stability to the school and hockey program, I think all is well in Purchase these day.

NUProf
08-14-2012, 08:49 PM
I did some dirty work on the Middle States Commission site, and it seems to me that basically Manhattanville is being closer watched then previously because of academic plans being put in place that were not in line with what their board of directors were looking for. But latest update as of this past school year is that the school is still accredited. Seems that the previous president (in term from fall 2008- Spring 2011) put that school two steps backward. In terms of hockey, the senior and jr class of mville will now have its third coach in as many years.

With a new president and new head coach looking to bring stability to the school and hockey program, I think all is well in Purchase these day.

Middle States has bigger fish to fry these days. I heard a report that they were going after Penn State because the manner in which the Sandusky affair was handled showed a lack of administrative oversight.

norm1909
08-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Middle States has bigger fish to fry these days. I heard a report that they were going after Penn State because the manner in which the Sandusky affair was handled showed a lack of administrative oversight.

They served this fish last month (http://pressrepublican.com/0101_education/x1495164131/Plattsburgh-State-reaccredited-through-2022) :cool: