PDA

View Full Version : Prayers requested

Pages : [1] 2

powerofyellowandblack
06-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Everyone, I am in desperate need of prayers. Can't you tell when I am in here soliciting them from the likes of all of you? :p Humor is my best friend right now....if you haven't heard(and chances are you haven't, since I don't come around here very much anymore), there is a little POYB coming to a rink near you around October. However, little POYB is most likely going to be starting her career on the DL.....she is diagnosed with something called a CPAM, or CCAM. Congenital Pulmonary Airway Malformation or Congenital Cystic Airway Malformation. Long story short, we were given a poor prognosis(be that poor chance of living, or poor chance of normal respiratory function, we don't know) because what is happening is the left lung is one large lesion with no healthy lung tissue, and it is causing the heart to be pushed into the right cavity of the chest, and is compressing the healthy lung tissue in the right lung. What happens next? We have no clue, and that is the hardest part. The mass could continue to grow, causing the baby's heart to fail(and also causing potential harm to my wife) and die, the mass could grow, but could be removed by surgery, or the mass could even shrink as the baby grows, healthy left lung replaces the mass, everything shifts back where it should be, and she needs minor surgery after birth. What we do know is that, baring a miracle, our baby is going to be born in Milwaukee at Children's Hospital, where she can be rushed into surgery as soon as she is born. While we were told, and I quote, "I don't think its lethal", there is a rough, rough road ahead for little POYB...and big POYB and mrs. So that is why I need all your prayers. Thanks all, and looking forward to hockey season.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mjhotchkiss

norm1909
06-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Everyone, I am in desperate need of prayers. Can't you tell when I am in here soliciting them from the likes of all of you? :p Humor is my best friend right now....if you haven't heard(and chances are you haven't, since I don't come around here very much anymore), there is a little POYB coming to a rink near you around October. However, little POYB is most likely going to be starting her career on the DL.....she is diagnosed with something called a CPAM, or CCAM. Congenital Pulmonary Airway Malformation or Congenital Cystic Airway Malformation. Long story short, we were given a poor prognosis(be that poor chance of living, or poor chance of normal respiratory function, we don't know) because what is happening is the left lung is one large lesion with no healthy lung tissue, and it is causing the heart to be pushed into the right cavity of the chest, and is compressing the healthy lung tissue in the right lung. What happens next? We have no clue, and that is the hardest part. The mass could continue to grow, causing the baby's heart to fail(and also causing potential harm to my wife) and die, the mass could grow, but could be removed by surgery, or the mass could even shrink as the baby grows, healthy left lung replaces the mass, everything shifts back where it should be, and she needs minor surgery after birth. What we do know is that, baring a miracle, our baby is going to be born in Milwaukee at Children's Hospital, where she can be rushed into surgery as soon as she is born. While we were told, and I quote, "I don't think its lethal", there is a rough, rough road ahead for little POYB...and big POYB and mrs. So that is why I need all your prayers. Thanks all, and looking forward to hockey season.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mjhotchkiss

You have my thoughts and prayers - God bless :(

pete99race
06-19-2012, 08:29 PM
My wife and I will hold you and your family up in prayer...

PuckVoice
06-19-2012, 08:57 PM
You've got mine POYB ... God be with your little one!

PrezdeJohnson09
06-19-2012, 09:08 PM
You've got mine POYB ... God be with your little one!

Echo all the statements below! All the best.

bakdraft21
06-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Im sure everyone on these boards wish only the best.....good luck and stay strong

NUProf
06-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Im sure everyone on these boards wish only the best.....good luck and stay strong

Amen.

altazo
06-19-2012, 10:03 PM
We're thinking of you and your family. Hope everything resolves itself in the best case scenario. Thanks for sharing, this stuff is way bigger than college hockey and shows just how small and tight our community really is.

Hammer
06-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Same here, POYB.

Sorry, I'm not very good at situations like this...

93GreatLaker
06-19-2012, 10:44 PM
My heart and prayers go out to you and your family POYB.

UNHHurstFan
06-19-2012, 11:35 PM
You and your family will be in our prayers.

NorthernLite
06-20-2012, 07:58 AM
You and your family will be in our prayers.

Thoughts and prayers are headed your way. Something tells me you will find the strength you need.

XCTiger
06-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers here in Central NY. Please keep us posted, as we are all family and friends when it comes to the journey you are now on. Praying for Peace, Love, and Strength.

dreamer6
06-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Prayers with you and your family now. God Bless.

ballgame
06-20-2012, 12:35 PM
***prayers***

StoutHockeyFan44
06-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Prayers to you and your family POYB

MW49
06-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Our prayers are with your child and family during this difficult time.

neumyer
06-20-2012, 08:54 PM
I am keeping your child and family in my thoughts and prayers!!! So sorry!

The Real Georgia Peach
06-21-2012, 04:28 AM
Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Rayolite
07-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Prayers for a healthy little POYB and missus. Having serious breathing problems myself, I can appreciate your concerns. God Bless.