Prayers requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers requested

Everyone, I am in desperate need of prayers. Can't you tell when I am in here soliciting them from the likes of all of you? Humor is my best friend right now....if you haven't heard(and chances are you haven't, since I don't come around here very much anymore), there is a little POYB coming to a rink near you around October. However, little POYB is most likely going to be starting her career on the DL.....she is diagnosed with something called a CPAM, or CCAM. Congenital Pulmonary Airway Malformation or Congenital Cystic Airway Malformation. Long story short, we were given a poor prognosis(be that poor chance of living, or poor chance of normal respiratory function, we don't know) because what is happening is the left lung is one large lesion with no healthy lung tissue, and it is causing the heart to be pushed into the right cavity of the chest, and is compressing the healthy lung tissue in the right lung. What happens next? We have no clue, and that is the hardest part. The mass could continue to grow, causing the baby's heart to fail(and also causing potential harm to my wife) and die, the mass could grow, but could be removed by surgery, or the mass could even shrink as the baby grows, healthy left lung replaces the mass, everything shifts back where it should be, and she needs minor surgery after birth. What we do know is that, baring a miracle, our baby is going to be born in Milwaukee at Children's Hospital, where she can be rushed into surgery as soon as she is born. While we were told, and I quote, "I don't think its lethal", there is a rough, rough road ahead for little POYB...and big POYB and mrs. So that is why I need all your prayers. Thanks all, and looking forward to hockey season.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mjhotchkiss
    "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Re: Prayers requested

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
    Everyone, I am in desperate need of prayers. Can't you tell when I am in here soliciting them from the likes of all of you? Humor is my best friend right now....if you haven't heard(and chances are you haven't, since I don't come around here very much anymore), there is a little POYB coming to a rink near you around October. However, little POYB is most likely going to be starting her career on the DL.....she is diagnosed with something called a CPAM, or CCAM. Congenital Pulmonary Airway Malformation or Congenital Cystic Airway Malformation. Long story short, we were given a poor prognosis(be that poor chance of living, or poor chance of normal respiratory function, we don't know) because what is happening is the left lung is one large lesion with no healthy lung tissue, and it is causing the heart to be pushed into the right cavity of the chest, and is compressing the healthy lung tissue in the right lung. What happens next? We have no clue, and that is the hardest part. The mass could continue to grow, causing the baby's heart to fail(and also causing potential harm to my wife) and die, the mass could grow, but could be removed by surgery, or the mass could even shrink as the baby grows, healthy left lung replaces the mass, everything shifts back where it should be, and she needs minor surgery after birth. What we do know is that, baring a miracle, our baby is going to be born in Milwaukee at Children's Hospital, where she can be rushed into surgery as soon as she is born. While we were told, and I quote, "I don't think its lethal", there is a rough, rough road ahead for little POYB...and big POYB and mrs. So that is why I need all your prayers. Thanks all, and looking forward to hockey season.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mjhotchkiss
    You have my thoughts and prayers - God bless
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

My wife and I will hold you and your family up in prayer...
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

You've got mine POYB ... God be with your little one!

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
          You've got mine POYB ... God be with your little one!
          Echo all the statements below! All the best.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Im sure everyone on these boards wish only the best.....good luck and stay strong

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              Im sure everyone on these boards wish only the best.....good luck and stay strong
              Amen.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

We're thinking of you and your family. Hope everything resolves itself in the best case scenario. Thanks for sharing, this stuff is way bigger than college hockey and shows just how small and tight our community really is.

Comment

Same here, POYB.

Sorry, I'm not very good at situations like this...
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family POYB.
                    93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                    2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                    2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                    2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                    2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

You and your family will be in our prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHHurstFan View Post
                        You and your family will be in our prayers.
                        Thoughts and prayers are headed your way. Something tells me you will find the strength you need.

Comment

Will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers here in Central NY. Please keep us posted, as we are all family and friends when it comes to the journey you are now on. Praying for Peace, Love, and Strength.
                          John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                          AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                          AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                          NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                          NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                          NCAA DII - 1983
                          NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Prayers with you and your family now. God Bless.

Comment

***prayers***

Comment

Working...
                              X