Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manhattanville has lost their Headcoach .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manhattanville has lost their Headcoach .......

check the headline on USCHO for article....

Re: Manhattanville has lost their Headcoach .......

Lang Resigns as Head Men's Hockey and Women's Golf Coach

Steve Sheridan, Sports Information Director
    6/19/2012 9:59:00 AM

PURCHASE, N.Y. – Following four years with both the Manhattanville men's and women's hockey programs, Eric Lang has stepped down from his positions as head coach of the Manhattanville men's hockey and women's golf teams to pursue other opportunities, Manhattanville Athletic Director Keith Levinthal announced on Monday.

"I would like to thank Keith and the Manhattanville community for a wonderful four years," Lang said. "I have a unique opportunity to stay in college hockey while pursuing a business opportunity, but it was a tough decision because Manhattanville has been so good to me and my family. I wish the Valiants the best of luck next season."

In his one year with the men's hockey program, Lang took over the team as just the second coach in program history and guided the Valiants to a 13-9-3 record – including a 6-3-1 mark against nationally ranked opposition – and a second-place regular-season finish in the ultra-competitive ECAC West Conference. Under his direction, a program-record five players earned year-end ECAC West honors.

Prior to that, Lang guided the Valiant women's hockey team for three seasons, leading the squad to its eighth ECAC East Conference tournament championship and NCAA Tournament appearance in his final season of 2010-11. In three seasons with the women, he posted a 58-22-3 (.717) record and boasted two All-American selections, one ECAC East Player of the Year and 14 All-Conference honorees.

Lang was also named the first head women's golf coach in program history in August and was scheduled to begin the program's first year on the varsity level in 2012-13.

According to Levinthal, the department will begin a national search for both men's hockey and women's golf head coaching positions immediately.
    Caught the same virus as former Norwich coach, Don "Toot" Cahoon.
    Last edited by norm1909; 06-19-2012, 08:31 PM.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Best of luck to Coach Lang. He's a great coach. Had great success with the women's team and when he came to the men's team, he guided the Valiants to a second place finish after finishing last in the conference the previous year. I wish him nothing but success.

Comment

Didn’t realize he coached both men’s and women’s team. The logistics seem impossible but wow that’s a lot of time on the ice. These guys don’t make much money but spends a lot of time at the rink or in the campus office.
        I can understand when coaches resign, plus he is doing it on his terms vs. being fired.
        I interviewed to be an asst coach for a DIII program but the pay cut made it impossible for me to even pursue the opportunity. The dedication that coaches have at the DIII level is amazing

Comment

He coached for the women's team for three years, then went to the men's team. He didn't coach both teams at the same time. I do strongly agree with you about a Division III coach's dedication, ballgame.
          Last edited by VCMCUC; 06-20-2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VCMCUC View Post
            He coached for the women's team for three years, then went to the men's team. He didn't coach both teams at the same time. I do strongly agree with you about a Division III coach's dedication, ballgame.
            I can't remember his name, but the famous coach of the North Carolina women's soccer team did coach both the men's and women's teams at the same time very early in his career.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              I can't remember his name, but the famous coach of the North Carolina women's soccer team did coach both the men's and women's teams at the same time very early in his career.
              Anson Dorrance
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by VCMCUC View Post

hahaha thanks!

Comment

Who are or should be the front runners for this job? Same question about Curry?

Comment

Do they have the same season? ie. both Fall sports or both Spring sports?

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                      NCAA soccer I believe has been a fall sport for both men and women for as far back as I can remember.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                        Exact same seasons. Exact same time. He at times had games back-to-back.

This was one of the key reasons why he came up with his viewpoints on the differences coaching men and women.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Exact same seasons. Exact same time. He at times had games back-to-back.

This was one of the key reasons why he came up with his viewpoints on the differences coaching men and women.
                          Within the last 10 yrs or so, the Oswego Lakers had the same coach for men and women swimming for a period of time with great success...
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                            Within the last 10 yrs or so, the Oswego Lakers had the same coach for men and women swimming for a period of time with great success...
                            I think that's a very common trait for swimming and diving teams at the Division III level.

Norwich is the same way.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              I think that's a very common trait for swimming and diving teams at the Division III level.

Norwich is the same way.
                              Often also for track and field (which NU gave up on, much to my chagrin years ago) and cross country.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X