X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Toot Cahoon Steps Down as UMass Head Coach

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
    You are all just getting my hopes up.
    I don't think anything changes to make the situation better for dennehey at UMA than MC unless the other shoe drops on him and the program faces some kind of sanctions.

Comment

The Head Coach at Holy Cross is the latest to turn down an offer from UMass.

I would like to announce that I do not seek, and if offered I shall not accept, the head coaching job at UMass. Maybe be radical and hire a student? Or a player-coach like Reg Dunlap...that could work.

Comment

This coaching search is a joke.
        #NewMass

Comment

This coaching search is a joke.
          It sure is funny...unless you're a UMass fan. Either BC assistant still interested in the job? I don't think I'd leave a sweet deal at BC (even if I am "just" an assistant) to take over the head job at what has become a laughingstock, unless someone at BC tells me the next HC after York HAS to have head coaching experience.

Who else is left for UMass to go after?

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post

oh please oh please oh please oh please.

God, if you are listening, please, please please hear my prayer
            Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Timmay and Amherst?
            Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
            oh please, oh please, oh please
            Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            The ONLY way that happens IF TW ask to be released from UMaine or if he was out right fired,which neither will happen........................S A D L Y.
            At this point, I am with all of you. I would take Timmay in a heartbeat.
            #NewMass

Comment

Interesting....it seems the players want Red Gendron to come back and be their coach. Is that something UMass would consider?

Comment

As I said at the beginning, given the $$ they're rumored to be offering and the lack of support from the ath dept it just isn't that attractive of a job

Is gene defillippo running this search?

Comment

I am sure Chris Luongo would take the job

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Interesting....it seems the players want Red Gendron to come back and be their coach. Is that something UMass would consider?
                    Are you serious, or being sarcastic. This thing really has turned into dumpster fire. Players will be back on campus in about a month...they might wanna get their collective arses in gear and hire a skipper.

I know its not a **** choice, but what about BU A/C Buddy Powers? He's got tons of HC experience, and is really well regarded in New England hockey circles. Plenty of ifs -- includingwhether he'd have any interest, but he'd be a great hire to settle things down. Now y'all can tell me how lousy an idea this is. Fire away.... In any event, hope they get this thing put to bed --- soon.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

At this point, I am with all of you. I would take Timmay in a heartbeat.
                      take him as "interim head coach"
                      EVERY SINGLE TIME he went somewhere as interim head coach, he brought his team to the NCAA final.... UMass should keep that streak alive

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        Are you serious, or being sarcastic. This thing really has turned into dumpster fire.
                        Serious as a heart attack.

From Mike McMahon of the Eagle-Tribune:
                        UMass player just told me, "we're not making a decision, & I dont want to speak for everyone, but I'm not alone in wanting Red to coach us"

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          I know its not a **** choice, but what about BU A/C Buddy Powers? He's got tons of HC experience, and is really well regarded in New England hockey circles. Plenty of ifs -- includingwhether he'd have any interest, but he'd be a great hire to settle things down. Now y'all can tell me how lousy an idea this is. Fire away.... In any event, hope they get this thing put to bed --- soon.
                          WOW! you obviously have no experience with the "Buddy Powers as Head Coach" show... As a long term fan of RPI I can tell you no one in Troy would ever want him back. His time as coach as BGSU was not exactly a gleaming endorsement either. If he had the chops to be a good head coach, he wouldn't have come back to be an assistant to Jack. So please don't even say that name with regards to the vacancy at UMass. Unfortunately the UMass AD might take the idea seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by persee View Post
                            WOW! you obviously have no experience with the "Buddy Powers as Head Coach" show... As a long term fan of RPI I can tell you no one in Troy would ever want him back. His time as coach as BGSU was not exactly a gleaming endorsement either. If he had the chops to be a good head coach, he wouldn't have come back to be an assistant to Jack. So please don't even say that name with regards to the vacancy at UMass. Unfortunately the UMass AD might take the idea seriously.
                            I've been an RPI Hockey for 30 + years, so you can skip your poor attempt at a lecture. Buddy was 94-63-13 at RPI with (3) 20 win seasons, including a trip to NCAAs in '94. Yes, is BGSU stint was less productive, but he did garner CCHA coach of the year award and was a finalist for the Spencer Penrose. He coached a Hobey winner among his 4 Hobey finalists.

As a person, Buddy is a gentleman and an excellent hockey coach who is respected by those in the hockey coaching community. THAT is the reason he ended up on Jack's staff. In case you hadnt noticed, that's a **** good gig in the college hockey world.

I don't care if you don't want him as UMass' coach, but baselessly running a very solid guy down is weak to say the least.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              Serious as a heart attack.

From Mike McMahon of the Eagle-Tribune:
                              Well that'd be an extremely solid hire...if they could convince Red to take the reigns. That guy's resume is a long as my arm - both college and pro. I met him a few times here in Albany when he was with the Devils -- very nice guy.

Comment

Another one bites the dust...
                                @JoshuaKummins: @Fighting_Saints have signed HC/GM Jim Montgomery to a two-year extension. Cross another name of the #UMass list.
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X