Your program's Mount Rushmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your program's Mount Rushmore

Just to throw another option to the soon to be Miami poll...

Gwozdecky

Comment

To put it up for debate with my fellow SLU fans, since my experience as a fan is shorter than theirs, just curious if Burke Murphy or Paul DiFrancesco (sp?) would/could replace any of those nominated? I tend to agree with TimU that Gusto and Dietrich are iffy choices, could have been great but didn't stay long enough IMO. What are your thoughts?

Comment

My RIT list - strictly in the DI era:

Coach Wayne Wilson - winninging coach in RIT history, only DI coach for RIT
        Simon Lambert - RIT's only Hobey Baker finalist
        Jared DeMichael - goaltender of RIT's Frozen Four team
        Dan Ringwald - one of the best d-men RIT has ever had

Honorable mention:
        Chris Tanev - only RIT player ever to play in the NHL
        Cameron Burt - over 100 points, one of the leaders in the DI era in points
        Jocelyn Guimond - if only for one of the best goaltending performances in a single game with his win over St. Lawrence when he made over 60 saves.
        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2010 Frozen Four participant
        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          To put it up for debate with my fellow SLU fans, since my experience as a fan is shorter than theirs, just curious if Burke Murphy or Paul DiFrancesco (sp?) would/could replace any of those nominated? I tend to agree with TimU that Gusto and Dietrich are iffy choices, could have been great but didn't stay long enough IMO. What are your thoughts?
          Somewhere on the list of the best all-time forwards for sure. Mt. Rushmore? I'm not so sure about that, but I wouldn't dismiss them either. To me, they're similar to Clarke, Anderson, Lammens, Hurlbut, Heffler, guys like that. Funny that none of us thinks of the one player with his name on the Cup, isn't it?

Comment

Union starters: Ned Harkness, Nate Leaman, Jeremy Welsh and Brock Matheson.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimU View Post
              Somewhere on the list of the best all-time forwards for sure. Mt. Rushmore? I'm not so sure about that, but I wouldn't dismiss them either. To me, they're similar to Clarke, Anderson, Lammens, Hurlbut, Heffler, guys like that. Funny that none of us thinks of the one player with his name on the Cup, isn't it?
              Agreeable.

I had certainly thought about Rich, but wasn't blown away by his time at SLU. I mean, other than playing a considerable amount of time at defense

So I'm guessing we can't nominate Russ Bartlett or Bobby Torney? Shucks.

Comment

Since we are just nominating people, and Butzy is on the list, I say add Aaron Broton as he was the best player on the team the year his brother won the Hobey. (Didn't he have like 72 points as a rookie, and 104 as as a Soph?)

And what about Tim Harrrrrrrrrrrrreeerrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Mike Crowley?

But I'd probably go with the 1st four mentioned.
                Last edited by Koho; 06-19-2012, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                  Since we are just nominating people, and Butzy is on the list, I say add Aaron Broton as he was the best player on the team the year his brother won the Hobey. (Didn't he have like 72 points as a rookie, and 104 as as a Soph?)

And what about Tim Harrrrrrrrrrrrreeerrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Mike Crowley?

But I'd probably go with the 1st four mentioned.
                  All great suggestions.
                  @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                  On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                  High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

My wife is a BG grad, and she actually does have a login to this forum, but she apparently is bashful about posting so she agreed to let me post her Mount Rushmore for Bowling Green.

Ron Mason
                    Jerry York
                    Ken Morrow
                    George McPhee

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                      My wife is a BG grad, and she actually does have a login to this forum, but she apparently is bashful about posting so she agreed to let me post her Mount Rushmore for Bowling Green.

Ron Mason
                      Jerry York
                      Ken Morrow
                      George McPhee
                      Would you add Mike Emrick?
                      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

No need for a Wisconsin poll. There are maybe a half dozen players that would be worthy candidates, but two of them turned into pretty good coaches (and are also all-time top scorers to boot). We're set at our four.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Here is what has been nominated so far:

North Dakota: Ben Cherski, Greg Johnson, Jeff Panzer, Dean Blais, Gino Gasparini, Tony Hrkac, Ralph Engelstad, Ryan Duncan, Zach Parise, Matt Greene, Jonathan Toews, Karl Goehring, Eddie Belfour, Jon Casey
                          Western Michigan: Harry Lawson, Bill Wilkinson, Dan Dorian, Wayne Gagne
                          Quinnipiac: John Lahey, Jack McDonald, Rand Pecknold, Reid Cashman
                          Harvard: Bill Cleary, Joe Cavanagh, Lane McDonald, Scott Fusco, CJ Young, Mark Fusco, Bob Cleary
                          Wisconsin: Bob Johnson, Mike Eaves, Mark Johnson, Bill Howard, Jeff Sauer
                          Brown: Robert Gaudreau, Yann Danis, Jim Fullerton, Donald Whiston, Curt Bennet, Bill Gilligan, Bob McIntosh
                          RPI: Ned Harkness, George Servinis, Frank Chiarelli, Mike Addesa, Adam Oates, Pres. Houston, Darren Puppa, Joe Juneau
                          New Hampshire: Tim Horst, Nathan Martz, Matt Dzieduszycki, Brian Yandle, Travis Banga, Eddie Caron, Josh Ciocco
                          Northeastern: Art Chisholm, Jom Martel, Dan McGillis, Jason Guerrerio, Fern Flaman, Bruce Racine, Wayne Turner
                          Denver: Murray Armstrong, Keith Magnuson, Matt Carle, Bill Masterton, George Gwozdecky, Ron Grahame
                          Maine: Shawn Walsh, Grant Standbrook, Paul Kariya, Jimmy Montgomery, Garth Snow, Scott Pellerin, Mike Golden, Eric Weinrich, Chris Imes, Bob Corkum, Jimmy Howard, Harold Alfond
                          Cornell: Ken Dryden, Ned Harkness, Joe Nieuwendyk, Lance Nethery
                          Michigan State: Amo Bessone, Ron Mason, Ryan Miller, Kip Miller
                          Michigan Tech: John MacInnes, Tony Esposito, John Kosiancic, Garry Bauman, Mike Zuke, Al Karlander, Lou Angotti, Jamie Ram, Bruce Riutta, Hank Akervall
                          SCSU: Ludwig Andolsek, Frank Brimsek, Herb Brooks, Bret Hedican, Brendan J. McDonald, Matt Cullen, Mark Parrish, Ryan Lasch, Garret Raboin
                          Duluth: Brett Hull, Bill Watson, Jack Connolly, Mike Sertich, Chico Resch, Jim Johnson, Mark Pavelich, John Harrington, Tom Kurvers, Derek Plante, Curt Giles
                          Notre Dame: Lefty Smith, Dave Poulin, Jack Brownschidle, Jeff Jackson
                          Boston College: Snooks Kelly, Jerry York, Joey Mullin, Brian Gionta
                          Providence: Lou Lamoriello, Ron Wilson, Chris Terreri, Rob Gaudreau, Tim Army, Gates Orlando, Mike Boback, Kurt Kleinendorst
                          Merrimack: Fr. Paul Thabault, J. Thom Lawler, Ron Anderson, Mark Dennehy, Rejean Stringer, Jim Vesey, Jim Hrivnak, Joe Cannata
                          Alabama-Huntsville: Jared Ross, Cam Talbot, Derek Puppa, Doug Ross, Scott Munroe, Mario Mazzuca, Jim Harris
                          Northern Michigan: Rick Comley, Tom Laidlaw, Steve Bozek, Scott Beattie, Don Waddell, Bill Joyce, Gary Emmons, Walt Kyle, Steve Weeks
                          BU: Jack Parker, Jack Kelley, Jack Garrity, Jack O'Callahan, Chris Drury, Matt Gilroy, Mike Eruzione, Rick Meagher, Jim Craig, John Cullen, Vic Stanfield, Bob Brown, Dick Rodenheiser, Jack Ferreira
                          Miami: Lloyd Goggin, Steve Cady, Rico Blasi, Dan Boyle, Ryan Jones, Andy Miele, George Gwozdecky
                          LSSU: Bud Cooper, Ron Mason, Jim Dowd, Doug Weight, Brian Rolston, Blain Lacher, Jeff Jackson, Cris Dahlquist, Darren Madeley, Rick Comley
                          Bowling Green: Jack Vivian, Jerry York, George McPhee, Brian Hills, Galley Ellett, Brian Holzinger, Nelson Emerson, Ron Mason, Ken Morrow, Mike Emrick
                          Penn State: Joe Battista, Terry Pegula, John Dufford, Lynn Sipe
                          Vermont: Tim Thomas, John LeClair, Martin St. Louis, Eric Perrin, Patrick Sharp, Aaron Miller
                          Ohio State: Paul Pooley, Jamie Macoun, Ryan Kesler, RJ Umberger
                          Michigan: Red Berenson, Vic Heyliger, Brendan Morrison, Marty Turco
                          Alaska-Anchorage: Brush Christianson, Rob Conn, Mike Peluso, Curtis Glencross, Dean Larson, Derek Donald, Justin Johnson
                          Massachusetts-Lowell: Dwayne Roloson, Jon Morris, Mike Carr, Bill Riley
                          AIC: Dave Forbes, Gary Wright, Tom Mullen, Kevin Wortman, Guillaume Caron, Mike Smith, Jeff Arnold
                          Massachusetts: Jon Quick, Thomas Pock, Greg Mauldin, James Marcou
                          Holy Cross: Tony Quesada
                          Mankato: Don Brose, David Backes, Shane Joseph, Grant Stevenson, Tim Jackman, Ryan Carter
                          Colorado College: Don Lucia, Peter Sejna, Marty Sertich, Julie Penrose, Cheddy Thompson
                          Bemidji State: Bob Peters, Joel Otto, Gary Sargent, Jim McElmury, Mark Eagles, Mike Alexander, Scott Johnson, Rod Heisler, Matt Read
                          Ferris State: Bob Daniels, Dr. Ewigleben, Taylor Nelson, Chris Kunitz, John Gruden, John DePourcq, Andy Roach, Paul Lowden, Peter Lowden
                          Air Force: Eric Ehn, Tim Kirby, Jacques Lamoureux, Frank Serratore, Vic Heyliger, Chuck Delich
                          Union: Ned Harkness, Nate Leaman, Jeremy Welsh, Brock Matheson
                          RIT: Wayne Wilson, Simon Lambert, Jared DeMichael, Dan Ringwald, Chris Tanev, Cameron Burt, Jocelyn Guimond

List of schools with no nominees:
                          Nebraska Omaha
                          Alaska
                          Dartmouth
                          Yale
                          Princeton
                          Colgate
                          Canisius
                          Bentley
                          Army
                          Mercyhurst
                          Niagara
                          Uconn
                          Robert Morris
                          Sacred Heart

Schools with incomplete list of nominees:
                          Holy Cross

Schools with complete (19 nominees) list of nominees:
                          Minnesota
                          St. Lawrence
                          Clarkson
                          (To see these nominees, refer to post #25)
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            I think the fun thing is that everyone will have their own criteria for how they select their 4. Ultimately, we'll see how everything shakes out, but I don't think I would select 5 for a Mount Rushmore.
                            how about 4 to be on the statue and one to be the sculptor?
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              how about 4 to be on the statue and one to be the sculptor?

Considering very few know the sculptor of Mount Rushmore, it may not be all that big of an honor.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

For Princeton
                                Hobey Baker
                                Hobey Baker
                                Hobey Baker
                                and
                                Hobey Baker

Comment

Working...
                                X