Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trivia Time: Cup winners on the same NCAA team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trivia Time: Cup winners on the same NCAA team?

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
    Thomas has been in the Bruins system when he's been in the North America professional leagues, so, no? St. Louis and Perrin both played for UVM from 1993-1997 and won the Cup together, though.
    Tampa's goalies that year were Nikolai Khabibulin and John Grahame.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      Tampa's goalies that year were Nikolai Khabibulin and John Grahame.
      you are right...
      I thought I had recently read that Thomas was on that roster with Perring and StLouis in Tampa... and I do remember thinking that Thomas was not on that team.

so... Like Clarkson University... UVM has 3 teammates from a single year's NCAA roster who has one the cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        Craig Ludwig and Troy Murray were also teammates from 1979-1981, and they each won the Stanley Cup.
        They were teammates on the 1980-81 and 1981-82 teams.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          They were teammates on the 1980-81 and 1981-82 teams.
          That would be correct. Murray went right from winning the National Championship to playing in the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the Blackhawks in 1982.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
            you are right...
            I thought I had recently read that Thomas was on that roster with Perring and StLouis in Tampa... and I do remember thinking that Thomas was not on that team.

so... Like Clarkson University... UVM has 3 teammates from a single year's NCAA roster who has one the cup.
            So far, that's 3 teams who can claim it - and 2 from the ECAC. I did not predict that!
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

There were 3 Gophers on the '95 Devils but none were teammates. Talk about a gap in age.

Comment

Wisconsin:

'82/83 Bruce Driver, Chris Chelios, Dave Maley
                '85/86 Mike Richter, Paul Stanton, Dave Maley (still)

And they've already got 2 off of the '05/06 championship team - Burish and Drewiske - with a few others that should have long careers ahead of them yet (and Skille and Dowell both played on that same Blackhawks team as Burish, just not enough to get their names on the Cup...actually, Drewiske probably won't either, now that I mention it).

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  There were 3 Gophers on the '95 Devils but none were teammates. Talk about a gap in age.
                  There were 5 former Sioux that were on or a part of the '99 Stars.

Tony Hrkac, Eddie Belfour, Craig Ludwig, Rick Wilson (Assistant Coach), and Brad Berry (Scout). I know the first 4 got their name on the cup, but I'm not sure about Berry.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

The Stars didn't win!
                    /angry Buffalo fan
                    Im tired of hearing this. It was Game 6, it still would've been in OT, and Game 7 would've been in Dallas. Buffalo would've lost anyway.

/smug Dallas fan.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Im tired of hearing this. It was Game 6, it still would've been in OT, and Game 7 would've been in Dallas. Buffalo would've lost anyway.

/smug Dallas fan.
                      All it takes is a bounce to win an OT game. The Stars happened to get an illegal one.

Winning Game 7 on the road is not all that unheard of (86 Mets? 07 Red Sox?)

All we're saying is we deserved a chance.
                      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Joe Motzko and Mark Hartigan were both on the Ducks when they won.
                        Neither are on the cup, but both did get rings.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Wisconsin:

Sean Hill played with Stanton in 89, won the cup in 93 with Montreal.
                          If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

All we're saying is we deserved a chance.
                            Then you should've won Game 5.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Then you should've won Game 5.
                              And you should have won without the refs being buffoons, but that's not really relevant to the thread topic, is it?
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                                Wisconsin:

Brian Engblom and Dave McNab were on the '73/74 team. McNab is on the Cup as a General Manager.
                                Last edited by TJbadgerfan; 06-17-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X