(3) UND
    (4) Union
    (5) WMU
    (6) BC
    (7) Cornell
    (8) UW
    (9) UML
    (10) ND

Call me a homer, but I can't see how you have BC any lower than 3rd or maybe 4th, regardless of their losses, especially on defense. And their comment about where the scoring is going to come from is pretty foolish when you consider they return 4 forwards who had 36 or more points. I see they didn't even have BC in their pre-season top 10 last year, so just more proof of how clueless they really are.....
    Last edited by carltonbarrett; 06-03-2012, 02:54 PM.

Re: Inch top 10 for 2012/2013

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...10for13_teams/(10) ND

Call me a homer, but I can't see how you have BC any lower than 3rd or maybe 4th, regardless of their losses, especially on defense. And their comment about where the scoring is going to come from is pretty foolish when you consider they return 4 forwards who had 36 or more points. I see they didn't even have BC in their pre-season top 10 last year, so just more proof of how clueless they really are.....
    Seriously ND? Obvious bias. No wonder I don't read INCH

Comment

INCH has taken a surprising downturn in the past few years. The staff used to be very knowledgeable and kept their reports free of bias. Now I think they hired a bunch of BU fanboys to take over. Disappointing.
      1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

(1) B1G
        (2) B1G
        (3) NCHC
        (4) ECAC
        (5) NCHC
        (6) Hockey East
        (7) ECAC
        (8) B1G
        (9) Hockey East
        (10) Hockey East

Yep. Sounds about right.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm not taking any stock in this. If you look at the 10 for '12 article, only one FF team made the top 10 ( or 26 ), and three of them (including #2) didn't even make the tournament.

Comment

Personally, I'd go with something like:

(1) MN
            (2) UND
            (2) BC
            (4) MI
            (5) UW
            (6) Union
            (7) ND
            (8) WMU
            (9) UML
            (10) Miami

Comment

(1) MN
              (2) UND
              (2) BC
              (4) MI
              (5) UW
              (6) Union
              (7) ND
              (8) WMU
              (9) UML
              (10) Miami
              Wisconsin too high. WMU too low. Flip them and I think you probably are pretty close.
              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

(1) MN
                (2) UND
                (2) BC
                (4) MI
                (5) UW
                (6) Union
                (7) ND
                (8) WMU
                (9) UML
                (10) Miami
                Surely you jest by having UND and BC tied at the #2 spot. BC automatically has the tiebreaker when it comes to UND.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                  Surely you jest by having UND and BC tied at the #2 spot. BC automatically has the tiebreaker when it comes to UND.
                  In the postseason sure, we'll let you have the preseason

Comment

Minnesota is ranked too high.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Minnesota is ranked too high.
                      If Bjugstad returns, they'll be returning 123 goals. That is 27 more goals than the highest from Hockey East (UML with 95). Even if Bjugstad doesn't return, the Gophers will be returning 98 goals.

And while the Gophers lose Patterson, they're returning everyone defensively, as well as adding two blue chip defensive recruits.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Minnesota should be a preseason lock at #1. One could probably make a convincing argument that a handful of teams could be in that spot. But Minnesota is certainly one of them. To say otherwise is absurd.
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

UW has no proven goaltending, some good playmakers but few true goalscorers (at this level), few key upperclassmen and no Justin Smith. A team that struggled to crack the top ten of the WCHA shouldn't be considered a top ten in the country
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                          INCH has taken a surprising downturn in the past few years. The staff used to be very knowledgeable and kept their reports free of bias. Now I think they hired a bunch of BU fanboys to take over. Disappointing.
                          Says the fansie troll.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I think Cornell is poised to overtake Union as the token ECAC team in the top 10. Cornell came within 2 points in the ECAC standings this year, and if not for an inexplicable inability to beat the 10th best ECAC team, would have been clear of them by 2 points. Both Cornell and Union return a lot, but several of Cornell's key returnees are rising sophomores, who often make a bigger jump than rising juniors and seniors. Union had a good season, but their 32-point finish in the ECAC is well below the 34.6 point average for first place, and nowhere near the "special" teams (Harvard '89, Cornell '03, etc), so I don't see them as a lock for the national top 10 at all.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              UW has no proven goaltending, some good playmakers but few true goalscorers (at this level), few key upperclassmen and no Justin Smith. A team that struggled to crack the top ten of the WCHA shouldn't be considered a top ten in the country
                              They never had Justin Smith, so I don't think they are missing anything there.
                              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                              Originally posted by UWisco
                              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Working...
                              X