(3) UND
(4) Union
(5) WMU
(6) BC
(7) Cornell
(8) UW
(9) UML
(10) ND

Call me a homer, but I can't see how you have BC any lower than 3rd or maybe 4th, regardless of their losses, especially on defense. And their comment about where the scoring is going to come from is pretty foolish when you consider they return 4 forwards who had 36 or more points. I see they didn't even have BC in their pre-season top 10 last year, so just more proof of how clueless they really are.....

giwan
06-03-2012, 03:15 PM
http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/2012/05/23/10for13_teams/(10) ND

Call me a homer, but I can't see how you have BC any lower than 3rd or maybe 4th, regardless of their losses, especially on defense. And their comment about where the scoring is going to come from is pretty foolish when you consider they return 4 forwards who had 36 or more points. I see they didn't even have BC in their pre-season top 10 last year, so just more proof of how clueless they really are.....

Seriously ND? Obvious bias. No wonder I don't read INCH

TimP
06-03-2012, 04:23 PM
INCH has taken a surprising downturn in the past few years. The staff used to be very knowledgeable and kept their reports free of bias. Now I think they hired a bunch of BU fanboys to take over. Disappointing.

aparch
06-03-2012, 04:55 PM
(1) B1G
(2) B1G
(3) NCHC
(4) ECAC
(5) NCHC
(6) Hockey East
(7) ECAC
(8) B1G
(9) Hockey East
(10) Hockey East

Yep. Sounds about right.

FlagDUDE08
06-03-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm not taking any stock in this. If you look at the 10 for '12 article, only one FF team made the top 10 ( or 26 ;) ), and three of them (including #2) didn't even make the tournament.

carltonbarrett
06-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Personally, I'd go with something like:

(1) MN
(2) UND
(2) BC
(4) MI
(5) UW
(6) Union
(7) ND
(8) WMU
(9) UML
(10) Miami

Onion Man
06-03-2012, 07:22 PM

(1) MN
(2) UND
(2) BC
(4) MI
(5) UW
(6) Union
(7) ND
(8) WMU
(9) UML
(10) Miami

Wisconsin too high. WMU too low. Flip them and I think you probably are pretty close.

SiouxFanatic
06-04-2012, 02:15 AM

(1) MN
(2) UND
(2) BC
(4) MI
(5) UW
(6) Union
(7) ND
(8) WMU
(9) UML
(10) Miami
Surely you jest by having UND and BC tied at the #2 spot. BC automatically has the tiebreaker when it comes to UND. :mad: :(

claver2010
06-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Surely you jest by having UND and BC tied at the #2 spot. BC automatically has the tiebreaker when it comes to UND. :mad: :(

In the postseason sure, we'll let you have the preseason :D

ScoobyDoo
06-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Minnesota is ranked too high.

mnstate0fhockey
06-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Minnesota is ranked too high.

If Bjugstad returns, they'll be returning 123 goals. That is 27 more goals than the highest from Hockey East (UML with 95). Even if Bjugstad doesn't return, the Gophers will be returning 98 goals.

And while the Gophers lose Patterson, they're returning everyone defensively, as well as adding two blue chip defensive recruits.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Minnesota should be a preseason lock at #1. One could probably make a convincing argument that a handful of teams could be in that spot. But Minnesota is certainly one of them. To say otherwise is absurd.

SCSU Euro
06-04-2012, 09:31 AM
UW has no proven goaltending, some good playmakers but few true goalscorers (at this level), few key upperclassmen and no Justin Smith. A team that struggled to crack the top ten of the WCHA shouldn't be considered a top ten in the country

theprofromdover
06-04-2012, 12:36 PM
INCH has taken a surprising downturn in the past few years. The staff used to be very knowledgeable and kept their reports free of bias. Now I think they hired a bunch of BU fanboys to take over. Disappointing.
Says the fansie troll.

LynahFan
06-04-2012, 12:44 PM
I think Cornell is poised to overtake Union as the token ECAC team in the top 10. Cornell came within 2 points in the ECAC standings this year, and if not for an inexplicable inability to beat the 10th best ECAC team, would have been clear of them by 2 points. Both Cornell and Union return a lot, but several of Cornell's key returnees are rising sophomores, who often make a bigger jump than rising juniors and seniors. Union had a good season, but their 32-point finish in the ECAC is well below the 34.6 point average for first place, and nowhere near the "special" teams (Harvard '89, Cornell '03, etc), so I don't see them as a lock for the national top 10 at all.

Gandalf the Red
06-04-2012, 12:45 PM
UW has no proven goaltending, some good playmakers but few true goalscorers (at this level), few key upperclassmen and no Justin Smith. A team that struggled to crack the top ten of the WCHA shouldn't be considered a top ten in the country

They never had Justin Smith, so I don't think they are missing anything there. :)

manurespreader
06-04-2012, 01:30 PM
it should be.
minny, wisco, Michigan, MSU, BC, BU, RIT, miami, DU, UND. Everyone else tied for 11th of course.;)

Rtn2GoldCountry
06-04-2012, 01:32 PM
I like how they hedge their pick of Minnesota by starting off with the words "Assuming Bjugstad returns for his junior season instead of going pro". It does seem a little high of a ranking for me, but this far away from the start of the season I think anyone besides the defending national champ ranked # 1 is a stretch. Also Minnesota has a goalie issue that needs to be resolved before they can start thinking national championship, but they should be a top 5 team come October when final pre-season rankings are released from the various outlets. Also I think that BC as #6 is far to low, especially when they are returning the same goalie who shut down the #1 ranked gophers returning arsenal of scoring power. All that being said I hope that in 10 months we can say that INCH said it first, but for now they are just raising the expectations of gopher fans who are so hungry for another title. Hopefully the team is putting as much effort in this off season as they did last summer.

JF_Gophers
06-04-2012, 01:41 PM
it should be.
minny, wisco, Michigan, MSU, OSU, PSU, BC, BU, RIT, miami, DU, UND. Everyone else tied for 13th of course.;)fyp

mnstate0fhockey
06-04-2012, 01:51 PM
I like how they hedge their pick of Minnesota by starting off with the words "Assuming Bjugstad returns for his junior season instead of going pro". It does seem a little high of a ranking for me, but this far away from the start of the season I think anyone besides the defending national champ ranked # 1 is a stretch. Also Minnesota has a goalie issue that needs to be resolved before they can start thinking national championship, but they should be a top 5 team come October when final pre-season rankings are released from the various outlets. Also I think that BC as #6 is far to low, especially when they are returning the same goalie who shut down the #1 ranked gophers returning arsenal of scoring power. All that being said I hope that in 10 months we can say that INCH said it first, but for now they are just raising the expectations of gopher fans who are so hungry for another title. Hopefully the team is putting as much effort in this off season as they did last summer.

Yeah. I guess I'm still not sure why a team that is returning far more offense than anyone, and everyone (except for their goaltender) defensively shouldn't be in the discussion for the top ranked team going into the season.

The Gophers deserve to be in the discussion. Whether or not they get the goaltending to make a run at a title this year remains to be seen, but the Gophers should be strong on the blue line and down right scary offensively.

I guess I just don't know who you'd put at #1 instead? Who doesn't seem "too high" at #1?

JF_Gophers
06-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Didn't the Gophers win with Adam freakin Hauser? Goaltending doesn't matter! :D