Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inch top 10 for 2012/2013

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Didn't know. Sorry, I don't post here often enough, have enough time to track these nuances, or care enough to keep up with them.

Thanks for the heads up though
    Of course, the full reason we started getting:
    Originally posted by Somebody
    Minnesota is ranked too high.
    was that any time rankings came out we were inundated with something that invariably looked like:
    Originally posted by MinnesotaHomer
    If Bjugstad returns, they'll be returning 123 goals. That is 27 more goals than the highest from Hockey East (UML with 95). Even if Bjugstad doesn't return, the Gophers will be returning 98 goals.

And while the Gophers lose Patterson, they're returning everyone defensively, as well as adding two blue chip defensive recruits.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Minnesota should be a preseason lock at #1. One could probably make a convincing argument that a handful of teams could be in that spot. But Minnesota is certainly one of them. To say otherwise is absurd.
    Maroon-colored glasses.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

If poles taking during the season don't matter... Why does one listing teams five months before the first practice matter.

Let's talk Iowa and Stanford and how they should be ranked
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        If poles taking during the season don't matter...
        Poles. Gotta love 'em.
        Last edited by schiegs; 06-04-2012, 05:11 PM.
        Bentley University Hockey
        On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
          Of course, the full reason we started getting:was that any time rankings came out we were inundated with something that invariably looked like:Maroon-colored glasses.
          Somebody's grumpy because I don't care about a running inside joke.... I get what your saying. I just don't care to play a long. I can't keep up with it all.
          Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 06-04-2012, 05:51 PM.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

"Joe Thornton was traded?"
            How did I miss that?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

"Joe Thornton was traded?"
              "Hockey Rast"
              "Brom"
              "College Hockey Video Game"
              "!!!Roported!!!!!!"
              And any time anybody puts out a ranking, even if Minnesota is ranked dead last:

It is a comment that should always be ignored. It is made in complete jest, regardless of the lack of or
              Simple math

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Let's talk Iowa and Stanford and how they should be ranked
                14th and 852nd respectively in my "Who steps up next to Division 1 hockey" poll.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                  Simple math
                  Championchips!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

On "paper", you'd have to say that MN is the preseason #1. That being said, I believe that by the end of the season, BC and maybe a couple other teams could be just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                      Somebody's grumpy because I don't care about a running inside joke.... I get what your saying. I just don't care to play a long. I can't keep up with it all.
                      No. Just seriously tired of the constant, over-the-top chest thumping from so many Minne fans.
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

No. Just seriously tired of the constant, over-the-top chest thumping from so many Minne fans.
                        I don't think it's chest thumping in this case. Not by a mile. Minnesota should be in the conversation for top team heading into this season and I think I more than adequately articulated why. If you have a problem with that, maybe you're the guy with the bias in this case.
                        Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 06-04-2012, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                          On "paper", you'd have to say that MN is the preseason #1. That being said, I believe that by the end of the season, BC and maybe a couple other teams could be just as good.
                          I think a case can be made for a handful of teams being in the top spot heading into the season.

Comment

From INCH:

"After scoring 12 goals as a freshman, Bjugstad netted 25 goals last season. No one is predicting the 6-foot-5 forward will make a similar leap as a junior, but assuming he doesn’t forego his final two seasons of college eligibility, Bjugstad could surpass the 40-goal plateau. The Gophers are arguably college hockey’s highest-profile team; if they emerge as national title challenger in 2012-13, Bjugstad will spend plenty of time in the spotlight."

you should probably learn to deal with it. College hockey's highest profile team is always going to get extra hype and attention.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                              From INCH:

"After scoring 12 goals as a freshman, Bjugstad netted 25 goals last season. No one is predicting the 6-foot-5 forward will make a similar leap as a junior, but assuming he doesn’t forego his final two seasons of college eligibility, Bjugstad could surpass the 40-goal plateau. The Gophers are arguably college hockey’s highest-profile team; if they emerge as national title challenger in 2012-13, Bjugstad will spend plenty of time in the spotlight."

you should probably learn to deal with it. College hockey's highest profile team is always going to get extra hype and attention.

Hows that working out for Notre Dame football?
                              National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                              two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                              b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                                Hows that working out for Notre Dame football?
                                Notre Dame football isn't getting hype and attention? I disagree. And as for comparing success in the sports:

College Football <> College Hockey
                                Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 06-04-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X