PDA

View Full Version : Inch top 10 for 2012/2013

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

mnstate0fhockey
06-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Didn't the Gophers win with Adam freakin Hauser? Goaltending doesn't matter! :D

Exactly. Not saying goaltending doesn't matter, but considering what else we should be returning, it may not matter nearly as much.

UncleRay
06-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Minnesota is ranked too high.

If Bjugstad returns, they'll be returning 123 goals. That is 27 more goals than the highest from Hockey East (UML with 95). Even if Bjugstad doesn't return, the Gophers will be returning 98 goals.

And while the Gophers lose Patterson, they're returning everyone defensively, as well as adding two blue chip defensive recruits.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Minnesota should be a preseason lock at #1. One could probably make a convincing argument that a handful of teams could be in that spot. But Minnesota is certainly one of them. To say otherwise is absurd.Whoosh. Study up on old USCHO-isms, mnwhatever.

mnstate0fhockey
06-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Whoosh. Study up on old USCHO-isms, mnwhatever.

Why? Say what you mean and mean what you say. I don't care to play games. It's a waste of time.

SCSU Euro
06-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Why? Say what you mean and mean what you say. I don't care to play games. It's a waste of time.

Then I will say this as clearly as I can:

This is not the site for you

UncleRay
06-04-2012, 03:03 PM
"Joe Thornton was traded?"
"Hockey Rast"
"Brom"
"College Hockey Video Game"
"!!!Roported!!!!!!"
And any time anybody puts out a ranking, even if Minnesota is ranked dead last:

Minnesota is ranked too high.
It is a comment that should always be ignored. It is made in complete jest, regardless of the lack of :D:eek::rolleyes::cool::p or ;)

mnstate0fhockey
06-04-2012, 03:25 PM
"Hockey Rast"
"Brom"
"!!!Roported!!!!!!"

It is a comment that should always be ignored. It is made in complete jest, regardless of the lack of :D:eek::rolleyes::cool::p or ;)

Didn't know. Sorry, I don't post here often enough, have enough time to track these nuances, or care enough to keep up with them.

Thanks for the heads up though :)

Chuck Schwartz
06-04-2012, 03:28 PM
UW has no proven goaltending, some good playmakers but few true goalscorers (at this level), few key upperclassmen and no Justin Smith. A team that struggled to crack the top ten of the WCHA shouldn't be considered a top ten in the country

No clue what Wisconsin will do without that Justin Smith kid next year. Wait, what?

mnstate0fhockey
06-04-2012, 03:31 PM
No clue what Wisconsin will do without that Justin Smith kid next year. Wait, what?

Haha :)

Freddie
06-04-2012, 03:34 PM
(1) B1G
(2) B1G
(3) NCHC
(4) ECAC
(5) NCHC
(6) Hockey East
(7) ECAC
(8) B1G
(9) Hockey East
(10) Hockey East

Yep. Sounds about right.

WRONG!...try this:

WCHA
CCHA
WCHA
ECAC
CCHA
HE
ECAC
WCHA
HE
CCHA

JDUBBS1280
06-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Didn't know. Sorry, I don't post here often enough, have enough time to track these nuances, or care enough to keep up with them.

Thanks for the heads up though :)

Still you manage to Tweet all day long :rolleyes:

UncleRay
06-04-2012, 04:31 PM

Thanks for the heads up though :)Of course, the full reason we started getting:
Minnesota is ranked too high.was that any time rankings came out we were inundated with something that invariably looked like:
If Bjugstad returns, they'll be returning 123 goals. That is 27 more goals than the highest from Hockey East (UML with 95). Even if Bjugstad doesn't return, the Gophers will be returning 98 goals.

And while the Gophers lose Patterson, they're returning everyone defensively, as well as adding two blue chip defensive recruits.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Minnesota should be a preseason lock at #1. One could probably make a convincing argument that a handful of teams could be in that spot. But Minnesota is certainly one of them. To say otherwise is absurd.Maroon-colored glasses.

mookie1995
06-04-2012, 04:54 PM
If poles taking during the season don't matter... Why does one listing teams five months before the first practice matter.

Let's talk Iowa and Stanford and how they should be ranked :D

schiegs
06-04-2012, 05:06 PM
If poles taking during the season don't matter...

Poles. Gotta love 'em.

mnstate0fhockey
06-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Of course, the full reason we started getting:was that any time rankings came out we were inundated with something that invariably looked like:Maroon-colored glasses.

Somebody's grumpy because I don't care about a running inside joke.... I get what your saying. I just don't care to play a long. I can't keep up with it all.

Ralph Baer
06-04-2012, 05:41 PM

How did I miss that? ;)

mcfarljd
06-04-2012, 05:41 PM
"Hockey Rast"
"Brom"
"!!!Roported!!!!!!"

Simple math

aparch
06-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Let's talk Iowa and Stanford and how they should be ranked :D
14th and 852nd respectively in my "Who steps up next to Division 1 hockey" poll.

Greyeagle
06-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Simple math
Championchips!

carltonbarrett
06-04-2012, 06:26 PM
On "paper", you'd have to say that MN is the preseason #1. That being said, I believe that by the end of the season, BC and maybe a couple other teams could be just as good.

UncleRay
06-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Somebody's grumpy because I don't care about a running inside joke.... I get what your saying. I just don't care to play a long. I can't keep up with it all.No. Just seriously tired of the constant, over-the-top chest thumping from so many Minne fans.