PDA

View Full Version : Your school's All-Time Team

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

PrezdeJohnson09
05-21-2012, 02:51 PM
I saw a discussion in the Potsdam thread involving their all-time team and it got me to thinking what might some other schools look like?

Format - two teams involving three forwards, two defenseman and a goalie.

Have at it.

I've started to formulate my thoughts on Elmira, Oswego and Norwich's and I'll be curious to see what some other fans from those schools will come up with.

Don Hammond and elbojpb will surely have the good grasp on Elmira's.

CrosbyNU63 and jerryNU26 will be interesting for Norwich.

Can't wait to see what people come up with!

bakdraft21
05-21-2012, 03:01 PM
I saw a discussion in the Potsdam thread involving their all-time team and it got me to thinking what might some other schools look like?

Format - two teams involving three forwards, two defenseman and a goalie.

Have at it.

I've started to formulate my thoughts on Elmira, Oswego and Norwich's and I'll be curious to see what some other fans from those schools will come up with.

Don Hammond and elbojpb will surely have the good grasp on Elmira's.

CrosbyNU63 and jerryNU26 will be interesting for Norwich.

Can't wait to see what people come up with! Hey Prez can I put myself on a team:eek::D

PrezdeJohnson09
05-21-2012, 03:18 PM
My thoughts for the Oswego State Hockey All-Time Team:

First Team
F. Dave Lair '83
F. Rick Pratt '82
F. Pierre Belanger '68
D. Joe Carrabs '04
D. Tom McFall '89
G. Ryan Scott '08

Second Team
F. Mike Snell '87
F. Sean Fitzgerald '89
F. Ryan Ellis '09
D. Dan Ane '77
D. Jeff Greene '88
G. Paul Mueller '89

Honorable mentions: F. Ryan Woodward '07, F. Bruce Boisson '69, F. Mike Lukajic '04, F. Don Patrick '05, F. John Staerker '89, G. Pete Sears '71

bakdraft21
05-21-2012, 06:45 PM
My thoughts for the Oswego State Hockey All-Time Team:

First Team
F. Dave Lair '83
F. Rick Pratt '82
F. Pierre Belanger '68
D. Joe Carrabs '04
D. Tom McFall '89
G. Ryan Scott '08

Second Team
F. Mike Snell '87
F. Sean Fitzgerald '89
F. Ryan Ellis '09
D. Dan Ane '77
D. Jeff Greene '88
G. Paul Mueller '89

Honorable mentions: F. Ryan Woodward '07, F. Bruce Boisson '69, F. Mike Lukajic '04, F. Don Patrick '05, F. John Staerker '89, G. Pete Sears '71Only can write about those I played with....I taught Mcfall everything he knew, and covered while he was rushing the puck up:eek:...Greene off the wall guy:eek:....Fitty was a bull...and sneller was a top snipppper..mueller was good I think he played a lot better after I left as he gained more confidence......Staerker was a rick Middleton type of player very tricky....

NUProf
05-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Norwich

First Team

F-Keith Aucoin
F-Cam McGregor
F-Kurtis McLean
D-Frank Simonetti
D-Jason Lumsden
G-Ryan Klingensmith

Second Team
F- Marc Bellemare
F- Kurt Healey
F- Geof Liska
D- Toza Crnilovic
D- Lou Dimasi
G- Mike Bourdreau

Man - this is tough I had to leave out some really, really good players including the "Moscow Magician", Randy Hevey, Mike Serba, and the list goes on and on ... I'm not even sold on my list, but that's kind of top of mind awareness - certainly Charlie and Jerry will mention some names that I have even forgot in the fog of old age.

PrezdeJohnson09
05-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Norwich

First Team

F-Keith Aucoin
F-Cam McGregor
F-Kurtis McLean
D-Frank Simonetti
D-Jason Lumsden
G-Ryan Klingensmith

Second Team
F- Marc Bellemare
F- Kurt Healey
F- Geof Liska
D- Toza Crnilovic
D- Lou Dimasi
G- Mike Bourdreau

Man - this is tough I had to leave out some really, really good players including the "Moscow Magician", Randy Hevey, Mike Serba, and the list goes on and on ... I'm not even sold on my list, but that's kind of top of mind awareness - certainly Charlie and Jerry will mention some names that I have even forgot in the fog of old age.

Fern Cloutier and John Kennedy might be some other names that get brought up from the past.

jerrynu26
05-21-2012, 09:19 PM
So here is my quandry.... I can pick who i think are the best all time at their position, or I can pick who I think would make up the best team......
I'll go with best at the position (This time).
Norwich

First Team

F-Keith Aucoin
F-Kurtis McLean
F-Marc Bellemare
D-Frank Simonetti
D-Mike Ludwar
G-Ryan Klingensmith

Second Team
F- Kurt Healey
F- Aaron Phelen
F- Geoff Liska
D- Mark Bolding
D- Keith Maurice
G- Randy Heavey

OSU2010
05-21-2012, 11:01 PM
I've only been following Oswego Hockey since Spring of 2008, so I could only really comment on the players I've seen since that time, My list would all be recent players.

hockeyfan77
05-22-2012, 02:55 AM
USM (1997-Present)

First Team

F. Mark Carragher

F. Mike Stevens

F. Dan Drozdzik

D. Brian Collum

D. Jon Lounsbury

G Jamie Glibert

2nd Team

F. Dan Gordon

F. Chris Sparks

F Zach Joy

D. Paul Conter

D. Dane Marshall
G. Braley Torris

Russell Jaslow
05-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Hey Prez can I put myself on a team:eek::D

He said the TOP two teams...

admiral0417
05-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Here are the Cardinals:

Forwards (1st Team) Joey Ferras, Dave Piromalli & Danny Brown
Defense (1st Team) Doug Kimura & Chris Panek
Goalie (1st Team) Niklas Sundberg

Forwards (2nd Team) Gaetan D'Anjou, Steve Moffat & Tracey Belanger
Defense (2nd Team) Rick Young & Bryan Murray
Goalie (2nd Team) Rick Strack

Honorable Mention: Bryan Hince, Nick Rolls, Pierre Brunet, Matt Wescott, Jeff Paluseo, Steve Moore & Brendon Hodge.

There was also a few French players who played one or two years who WOULD have been on this team including Francois Lecomte, Teddy Dash and Andre Giroux as well as the most FEARED player ever at this level...Big Dennie Poulin.

Dyce
05-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Here are the Cardinals:

Forwards (1st Team) Joey Ferras, Dave Piromalli & Danny Brown
Defense (1st Team) Doug Kimura & Chris Panek
Goalie (1st Team) Niklas Sundberg

Forwards (2nd Team) Gaetan D'Anjou, Steve Moffat & Tracey Belanger
Defense (2nd Team) Rick Young & Bryan Murray
Goalie (2nd Team) Rick Strack

Honorable Mention: Bryan Hince, Nick Rolls, Pierre Brunet, Matt Wescott, Jeff Paluseo, Steve Moore & Brendon Hodge.

There was also a few French players who played one or two years who WOULD have been on this team including Francois Lecomte, Teddy Dash and Andre Giroux as well as the most FEARED player ever at this level...Big Dennie Poulin.

Looks almost perfect to me. The only qualm I'd have is that Lenny Pereira has to be somewhere on the first two teams. I guess I'd swap him in for either Belanger or Moffat, though I couldn't tell you which one. Two pretty dang good squads, in any case.

headsup
05-22-2012, 01:07 PM
At Norwich you have to go with Cantwell as your goalie, head and shoulders above the rest,
wuldn't forget about Cam MacGregor up front either

bakdraft21
05-22-2012, 02:09 PM
He said the TOP two teams... Your a funny guy Russ, but who was the 1st player in Oswego history to make the Final Four all-star team????? Hey ya have 2 good games and Steve Levy on your side voting, and anything can happen...ps those guys on those teams I played with were top hockey players for sure....

Russell Jaslow
05-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Your a funny guy Russ, but who was the 1st player in Oswego history to make the Final Four all-star team????? Hey ya have 2 good games and Steve Levy on your side voting, and anything can happen...ps those guys on those teams I played with were top hockey players for sure....

And Stephen Matteau is a hero in NY...

bakdraft21
05-22-2012, 05:27 PM
And Stephen Matteau is a hero in NY... you mean matt-overtime...

admiral0417
05-22-2012, 06:00 PM
A couple thing occured to me while reading people's list for their teams. Back in the 70's, 80's and perhaps in to the '90's there were some gaudy offensive stats put up by some real good players. Remember too, the good teams would play about 40 games compared to 29 max nowadays. Thus you see a lot of older players on these lists.

I believe one reason is that the bad teams today aren't really that bad. Back in the day, it was pretty common for Plattsburgh, Oswego or Elmira to put up 10-12 goals against some real bad squads. Today, that same game might end up 5-1. I also think the high-end players were a bit better back then due to a limited number of Division I teams. Most of the top guys on these lists would certainly be playing at the next level if they were playing today.

That said, I think the goaltending is far better today. Same could be said for the coaches.

P.S. Didn't Norwich have a guy named Roberto way back?? He was very good.

PrezdeJohnson09
05-22-2012, 06:28 PM
A couple thing occured to me while reading people's list for their teams. Back in the 70's, 80's and perhaps in to the '90's there were some gaudy offensive stats put up by some real good players. Remember too, the good teams would play about 40 games compared to 29 max nowadays. Thus you see a lot of older players on these lists.

I believe one reason is that the bad teams today aren't really that bad. Back in the day, it was pretty common for Plattsburgh, Oswego or Elmira to put up 10-12 goals against some real bad squads. Today, that same game might end up 5-1. I also think the high-end players were a bit better back then due to a limited number of Division I teams. Most of the top guys on these lists would certainly be playing at the next level if they were playing today.

That said, I think the goaltending is far better today. Same could be said for the coaches.

Bingo! This topic always comes up at Elmira and I've heard it at Norwich too plenty of times now. All of these factors explain the descrepancy in scoring from the 80's and early 90's to now.

Even though the ECAC East is regarded as a "weak" league by most....Let me tell you, there are no gimmes in the league for Norwich and Castleton every night. They've got to come to play or they could easily end with a loss.

The double-digit wins are few and far between nowadays. They still happen from time to time but most days you're going to see games in the 5-1 or 6-2 range or so now.

NUProf
05-22-2012, 06:38 PM
At Norwich you have to go with Cantwell as your goalie, head and shoulders above the rest,
wuldn't forget about Cam MacGregor up front either

I had MacGregor on my team, didn't even think about Cantwell both before my time, but both legends - we've had some great ones, for sure.

NUProf
05-22-2012, 06:40 PM

Mark Roberto - another one of those good players who has been exiled to the dustbins of history.