Calling CC Faithful; Transplant With a Seating Inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling CC Faithful; Transplant With a Seating Inquiry

I'll be moving to Colorado Springs from Wisconsin and I'm looking at purchasing season tickets at World Arena.

http://www.cctigers.com/documents/20...15.pdf?id=2738

I'm curious what are the best seats in the house? Much of the lower bowl seats are sold out, but I'm curious if the corner angles are bad or even the upper bowl? It doesn't appear to be a bad angle from up top. Where should I try and get seats where season tickets are left (see link I provided)

Thanks to the CC fans, I look forward to joining your legion, albeit in a Badger jersey.
    WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
    NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
    WIAC Championships: 10-11
    NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
    NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Re: Calling CC Faithful; Transplant With a Seating Inquiry

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
    I'll be moving to Colorado Springs from Wisconsin and I'm looking at purchasing season tickets at World Arena.

http://www.cctigers.com/documents/20...15.pdf?id=2738

I'm curious what are the best seats in the house? Much of the lower bowl seats are sold out, but I'm curious if the corner angles are bad or even the upper bowl? It doesn't appear to be a bad angle from up top. Where should I try and get seats where season tickets are left (see link I provided)

Thanks to the CC fans, I look forward to joining your legion, albeit in a Badger jersey.
    The company I work for has tickets in 117, they are really good seats. It's a little hard to see one corner but you can get it on the scoreboard. I bought tickets in 218 last year but hardly used them because I always got the company tickets. They were actually good too. 117 runs around $400 a ticket and 218 is more like $200.

Honestly, anything around center on the sides is fine. Personally, I don't like sitting on the ends or in the corners. Keep in mind the CSWA is about half the size of the Kohl Center.

If you decide to move you should contact the few other CC fans on here or me. Some of us usually get beers before the game and a few more during the game. I'll buy you one for sure.
    Last edited by ronmexico; 05-15-2012, 11:05 PM.
    Originally posted by vizoroo
    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
    Originally posted by duper
    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
    Originally posted by dggoddard
    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

I've only been to the arena once, on the end upper deck, but the seats were not bad at all. I don't mind the ends, as you can really see a play develop.

The Springs is a great place. I try and go there 1-2 times a year to visit friends and such.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

There really isn't a bad seat in the arena. I don't like the ends just because you have to look through the nets but that is just my preference. Well with the Badgers moving on to another conference we hope that CC will be at least your 2nd favorite team.

Comment

I look forward to making World Arena my new home for hockey. I guess I'll have to stitch my Badger jersey with a CC jersey to complete my hybrid transformation. --- I've been spoiled with the Kohl Center, but World Arena looks like a great arena in its own right.

I am bummed about the juggling of conferences going on, I hate to see Wisconsin and others sellout for money when the WCHA was a powerhouse conference. I studied just 60 miles from downtown St. Paul, MN at the University of Wisconsin-Stout allowing me easy access to the WCHA Baron Final Five every year. From a pure hockey perspective, I enjoyed the Final Five more than the NCAA Frozen Four that St. Paul hosted a couple years ago. It was just better hockey because the teams know each other and despised one another.

I'm just glad I'm transplanting to a place where I can get my hockey fix with ease (World Arena w/ CC, and Denver is just up the road for the Avs). Since Colorado has no Div. III hockey, looks like I'll be transplanting to the Div. I board as well, likely in the Colorado College threads .
          WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
          NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
          WIAC Championships: 10-11
          NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
          NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

I'm just glad I'm transplanting to a place where I can get my hockey fix with ease (World Arena w/ CC, and Denver is just up the road for the Avs). Since Colorado has no Div. III hockey, looks like I'll be transplanting to the Div. I board as well, likely in the Colorado College threads .
            Don't forget about Air Force. It is well worth catching a few Falcons games if you can.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

the Colorado College threads .
              I remember when there were enough CC posters on here to have threads. It was great. I wish those days would come back.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                I remember when there were enough CC posters on here to have threads. It was great. I wish those days would come back.
                I remember back on the old board when there only about six DU posters total (me, Jimbo, Swami under his real name, Pablo, a guy named Andy Clayton and Pete Dauph-something) and there were dozens of CC posters. They wussed out as they just hide over at Randy May's, or Ken's now, message board and just send in their highly unskilled trolls, tig and mexico from time to time. The OP may want to go there... www.cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Don't forget about Air Force. It is well worth catching a few Falcons games if you can.
                  That's one thing I need to do.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    I remember back on the old board when there only about six DU posters total (me, Jimbo, Swami under his real name, Pablo, a guy named Andy Clayton and Pete Dauph-something) and there were dozens of CC posters. They wussed out as they just hide over at Randy May's, or Ken's now, message board and just send in their highly unskilled trolls, tig and mexico from time to time. The OP may want to go there... www.cctigerhockey.yuku.com
                    Exactly Chris. BDR should come join the conspiracy. We get together as a group, planing for days or even weeks, before collectively deciding what dumb thing I'm going to post on the internet. Also, don't forget that Ron Mexico (RM) is probably just Randy May (RM)...
                    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.

Comment

I look forward to making World Arena my new home for hockey. I guess I'll have to stitch my Badger jersey with a CC jersey to complete my hybrid transformation. --- I've been spoiled with the Kohl Center, but World Arena looks like a great arena in its own right.

I am bummed about the juggling of conferences going on, I hate to see Wisconsin and others sellout for money when the WCHA was a powerhouse conference. I studied just 60 miles from downtown St. Paul, MN at the University of Wisconsin-Stout allowing me easy access to the WCHA Baron Final Five every year. From a pure hockey perspective, I enjoyed the Final Five more than the NCAA Frozen Four that St. Paul hosted a couple years ago. It was just better hockey because the teams know each other and despised one another.

Save your soul, get season tickets to Air Force rather than CC. You'll have a better shot at cheering for an NCAA tournament bound team.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                        Save your soul, get season tickets to Air Force rather than CC. You'll have a better shot at cheering for an NCAA tournament bound team.

r
                        I mean, really, why go for the third best college team in the state? A short drive and, wallah, like magic, you are cheering for a perennial NCAA-bound team instead of a has-been coached by a dude in a perm...

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                          Exactly Chris. BDR should come join the conspiracy. We get together as a group, planing for days or even weeks, before collectively deciding what dumb thing I'm going to post on the internet. Also, don't forget that Ron Mexico (RM) is probably just Randy May (RM)...
                          The conspiracy runs vast and deep, that I know. Has anyone ever actually seen Ron Mexico and Randy May in the same room together? I, for one, don't fall for Ken's Obi-wan Kenobi-styled wannabe jedi mind tricks...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            The conspiracy runs vast and deep, that I know. Has anyone ever actually seen Ron Mexico and Randy May in the same room together? I, for one, don't fall for Ken's Obi-wan Kenobi-styled wannabe jedi mind tricks...
                            It's my unique ability to age by 20 years in the blink of an eye that has everyone confused.

Comment

Working...
                            X