Big Ten Hockey Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten Hockey Conference

So when do we get to tangle with the famed endangered species...Michigan fans?
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
      I hate that you quoted me in your post because it makes it look like I didn't get what the point was. . Still seems like a bit of a jump to me especially since I didn't see Dubbs go there right away. But why should I get uptight about threads spiraling downward now when I had a hand in a few. Probably not as many as you, Gurt but you give me something to strive for.
      I was just responding to your point about where the thread went. I know you get it.

And it certainly wasn't my intent to even get JDUMB involved or for the thousandth thread to go to hell, but he found his way in here, didn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        So when do we get to tangle with the famed endangered species...Michigan fans?
        I have to say I'm disappointed with michigan fan at this point...

I assume they'll be a lot like you guys. Arrogant despite their obvious and numerous shortcomings.

We may never know though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          So am I. Don't know why he hasn't shown up yet.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            So am I. Don't know why he hasn't shown up yet.
            what happened to hobart higgins boat?
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
              Oh come on now. Everyone knows there has never been a tournament in college football. I guess that means none of them count so it's 0=0 across the whole country.
              That's true. There is and has never been a national championship in Division 1-A (officially "1-FBS") football. There is merely teams that have been ranked #1 in pools. That continues to be true today, even though the media suggests otherwise, but the BCS champion is still just the winner of a ppularity contest -- their only "championship" is being ranked #1 in the coaches' poll, not any sort of NCAA title.

So, yeah, no school has any real national championships in football in Division 1-A.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot
                Which generated revenues that are shared come from specific institutions rather than entire conference affiliation? Don't give me a, "Yeahbut" answer either.

Look - JDUB deserves the scrutiny but you've lowered yourself several times over in the hockey forums. But whatever I'm sure the condo you've erected in the ivory tower is squeaky clean.
                It was a jab in regards to Minnesota being the only holdout against a BTHC and being overruled and another poster's joke that Minnesota would be the only holdout against the implementation of a shootout to decide regular season games that end in a tie. It's a tie-in to the other times that this has come up in regards to the dissolution of the WCHA and Minnesota's apparent solitary opposition to it.

It also plays into and off of perceptions (and realities) that there is a big boy's network within the B1G that drives decision making - a network that Minnesota would not be a part of because they aren't good at the sports (currently, as opposed to in the 50s when these things didn't make any money) that the BTN and the B1G care about because those sports make money. Now, I didn't say that Wisconsin is a part of this big boy's network, but Gopher fan constantly whines about Alvarez, so the undertone is there since I have his photo as my avatar and you guys, conveniently, already believe it on some level.

See, it was actually quite deep. JDUMB just whiffed on it. Not my fault.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough with my inane rip in a meaningless off-season thread. Hope this has spelled it out for all who were confused

People who don't understand talking s-h-i-t with another fanbase or who can't recognize it should steer clear of it. Of course if they can't recognize it in the first place...

Not everything that is said here can or should be taken at face value. One thing though, and I'm completely serious about this, overall, Gopher fans need to develop a frickin' sense of humor.

Not all of them though.

Comment

It was a jab in regards to...
                  I know what it was and that's precisely why I said, "Don't give me a yeahbut answer". btw: http://dailybigten.com/2012/03/19/th...-isnt-working/

Football Profit
                  Univ. of Wisconsin $16,621,480.00
                  Univ. of Minnesota $14,888,989.00

My point? He's a dink without having to resort to b.s. to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I know what it was and that's precisely why I said, "Don't give me a yeahbut answer". btw: http://dailybigten.com/2012/03/19/th...-isnt-working/

Football Profit
                    Univ. of Wisconsin $16,621,480.00
                    Univ. of Minnesota $14,888,989.00

My point? He's a dink without having to resort to b.s. to prove it.
                    Judges?

Ok, yes, Gurt just got lawyered.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Judges?

You people are morons.

So you are willing to admit that Alvarez and Michigan & OSU aren't calling the shots for the rest of the B1G? It says right there, in that one stat, that Minnesota and Wisconsin are basically the same, or peers when it comes to football and since football drives the B1G, Minnesota has just as much say as anyone. Right?

That would make it tough to hold onto your (fanbase's) Alvarez is the Anti-Christ mantra.

Comment

I assume they'll be a lot like you guys. Arrogant despite their obvious and numerous shortcomings.

We may never know though.
                        Sat near a bunch of them at the Green Bay regional. They're pretty much Minnesota clones. Although I didn't hear anyone blab about "hockey knowledge" and I haven't yet seen a Michigan fan at the Kohl Center complain about a shorthanded Badger squad not being called for icing (okay, it only happened once, but it freakin' happened, ok?).
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Sat near a bunch of them at the Green Bay regional. They're pretty much Minnesota clones. Although I didn't hear anyone blab about "hockey knowledge" and I haven't yet seen a Michigan fan at the Kohl Center complain about a shorthanded Badger squad not being called for icing (okay, it only happened once, but it freakin' happened, ok?).
                          Come on now. Wisconsin fans, by and large, are much less knowledgable than Minnesota or Michigan fans. I don't even think that is debatable.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                              Come on now. Wisconsin fans, by and large, are much less knowledgable than Minnesota or Michigan fans. I don't even think that is debatable.
                              Maybe. But I'd be willing to say you couldn't call most people in the KC fans. They just show up to dance and get rudely interrupted by that pesky hockey game. But those few acutal fans out there could hold their own against Michigan. Not Minnesota though. That would be just be crazy to even consider.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Judges?

Careful--he'll microwave your parrot without a second thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X