Big Ten Hockey Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    When the event is in St. Paul one team will be centrally located (albeit one with a large fanbase but..), but the remainder will be closer to Chicago. For anyone not in the TC area why would they travel to STP but not to CHI? When the event is in Detroit (without grabbing a map) I would imagine although there are two local programs that is only one more than if the game were in CHI (UW is closer to CHI than DET) and again still the remainder of fans are forced to travel that don't already live there. Plus are there more UM, PSU, UW and OSU fans in the CHI area or in DET? If the TC or DET are such a fantastic location why isn't either area considered for the BTBBT?

However I am not saying it should be CHI over STP/DET or even be at their expense regularly, but the event should be scheduled there at least once and I myself would not be surprised to see it sell well.
    I live in Milwaukee and am more likely to travel to St Paul to watch than Chicago. The United Center is a dive and will probably be fairly empty. Honestly, I don't think many fans will travel for this.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: Big Ten Hockey Conference

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      Honestly, I don't think many fans will travel for this.
      Then the event in STP is hosed.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Someone said that relative to the BTHC? Jebus, you're sinking to JDUB depths here m'boy?

I was responding to your post that cited football revenue.

BTW, the dot-to-dot explanation was for you m'boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Then the event in STP is hosed.
          Could be. Will do much, much better than it would in Chicago though.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Without more teams from the IL/IN schools, you're pretty much banking on either the alumni living in Chicago getting into it (and how likely are they to be into college hockey?) or you're banking on the B1G tourney becoming an event (the way the Final Five was). I'm not betting either of those scenarios. As long as the only "local" team to Chicago is Wisconsin, I don't think you'll be able to get much traction there.
            Unfortunately, while I think that Chicago would make a lot of sense for many reasons, none of those reasons include getting butts in the seats.

Getting butts in the seats will not happen in Chicago for Big Ten Hockey, especially since the powers that be will be too greedy to price the tickets where they would need to be to even have a prayer.

Comment

I told everyone a BTHC would happen and they kicked me off the board twice. and stated that Penn State would go d1....since I started posting in 2001!
              Crazy Eddie is dead!......thank God

-----Larry E Bloom

They should have the tourney at each school being the host probably generate more intrest
              Last edited by cycledown; 05-27-2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cycledown View Post
                I told everyone a BTHC would happen and they kicked me off the board twice. and stated that Penn State would go d1....since I started posting in 2001!

-----Larry E Bloom

They should have the tourney at each school being the host probably generate more intrest
                Congratulations, you predicted the destruction of college hockey. It only took someone with too much money (who gives 80 million to a college and demands hockey instead of a new science/technology building to work on eliminating one of the 1,000's of diseases left in the world?) and an idiot Wisconsin Athletic Director to pull it off.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Congratulations, you predicted the destruction of college hockey. It only took someone with too much money (who gives 80 million to a college and demands hockey instead of a new science/technology building to work on eliminating one of the 1,000's of diseases left in the world?) and an idiot Wisconsin Athletic Director to pull it off.
                  An arena named after you would get mentioned in the news way more then a new technology building. That's the real secret as to why the donors coughed up all the money.

Comment

-----Larry E Bloom
                    I have no idea who you are, but i bet you were kicked off for being a twat rather than for a prediction.
                    Last edited by Pirateasaurus; 05-29-2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

and an idiot Wisconsin Athletic Director to pull it off.
                      Not denying that he's a culprit (or an idiot), but are we really pretending like he was the mastermind here? He's just the hockey-ignorant fool who was the biggest public champion of what everyone knows the B1G Ten was going to do anyway.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Not denying that he's a culprit (or an idiot), but are we really pretending like he was the mastermind here? He's just the hockey-ignorant fool who was the biggest public champion of what everyone knows the B1G Ten was going to do anyway.
                        As soon as there was a 6th team, whether it be PSU or anyone else, there was going to be a BTHC.

Was no other B1G school ever supposed to add hockey because some people might be butt-hurt over the formation of a BTHC? Life is change. Move on.

Personally, at this point (since we ain't going back), I hope a couple of other B1G schools add hockey at some future date. 8 teams would be swell.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Well said man.

Comment

In the words of KSTP 1500AM "Garage Logic", we don't know that. Remember this man made is worth 3.1 Billion dollars. http://www.forbes.com/profile/terrence-pegula/ We don't know if he has given money to anybody or any cause. When you are worth that type of money 80 million is a drop in the bucket. OH, not that i disagree with you.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

-----Larry E Bloom

Larry it is time for a new signature.
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                As soon as there was a 6th team, whether it be PSU or anyone else, there was going to be a BTHC.

Was no other B1G school ever supposed to add hockey because some people might be butt-hurt over the formation of a BTHC? Life is change. Move on.

Personally, at this point (since we ain't going back), I hope a couple of other B1G schools add hockey at some future date. 8 teams would be swell.
                                Who else is going to get 80 million bucks and have allowances for a ladies team to meet Title IX requirements? Not likely. Cheaper to add Lacrosse. Northwestern just won the women's title again and Michigan added a men's team recently.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X