• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bikini hockey league

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/05...94&feedID=9236

Discussion?

Re: Bikini hockey league

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
    To paraphrase the big fat guy in Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, "Get me a bucket, I'm going to puke."

Comment

Its offensive that this is posted on a women's hockey board.

Comment

Well, if they get paid, they will those their NCAA eligibility. I hope someone tells them that.

Comment

Please. I read about halfway through the story until I got to the part where the league owner thinks the idea is "compelling." Not the word I was thinking of.

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
            I'm not much for reality TV shows...but if there are women interested in participating and people interested in watching...

Ain't America great!
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Idiocracy takes another step forward...

Comment

Originally posted by NoGo View Post
                Idiocracy takes another step forward...
                Haha I heard on the radio the other day that Costco is now offering low rate home financing...and all I could think about was Idiocracy.
                UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

If they really want to have female athletes compete in a sport while wearing bikinis, why not have that sport be swimming, surfing, or something else where swimwear makes sense? They could still have their "reality" segment with all of the women living under one roof and making each other cry on a regular basis that America finds so compelling. I remember seeing men's roller hockey on TV a few years ago -- I don't remember the guys wearing Speedos. If this is what it takes to make women's hockey popular, then I'm fine with the sport being unpopular.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    If they really want to have female athletes compete in a sport while wearing bikinis, why not have that sport be swimming, surfing, or something else where swimwear makes sense? They could still have their "reality" segment with all of the women living under one roof and making each other cry on a regular basis that America finds so compelling. I remember seeing men's roller hockey on TV a few years ago -- I don't remember the guys wearing Speedos. If this is what it takes to make women's hockey popular, then I'm fine with the sport being unpopular.
                    This is not about females competing in sport. Take it for what it is worth.

Comment

I don't see any connection between this and the sport of women's collegiate ice hockey. I doubt the promoters, FOX Sports or anyone involved is thinking about selling NCAA women's ice hockey with this uh...product. I'd guess everyone involved is pretty much focused on potential $$. Same probably for those hoping to play...and I would guess some of those wanting to play see it as a possible avenue to other, future endeavors, also with an eye on $$. Regardless of whether one likes / dislikes the idea, it's good to be in a place where those who object don't have total control thus allowing those that want to participate, that opportunity.

I'm sure there are a bunch of regular heathens out there that would watch this, that would also never attend a women's collegiate ice hockey game. Maybe all of 'em. Don't see much overlap in the fan base.
                      Last edited by brookyone; 05-11-2012, 08:37 PM.
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        There ya go!
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          Exactly. This isn't about women competing in the sport of hockey. And thankfully this is a free country, so if myself and others don't approve of this, we don't have to partake in it.

Comment

Remember one other thing, folks. A fool and his money are soon parted. If this promoter wants to light his (or someone else's) money on fire doing this, so be it.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Just checking in...and am wondering, why did this thread appear at the top of my unread messages? Hot topic? Are we really this bored in the off-season? Obviously not something that REAL hockey fans would be interested in. Enough said...
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X