Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part II: (Insert Title Here)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part II: (Insert Title Here)

I seem to recall that there is now another tourney in LP that would conflict with the ECACH championship tourney. Does anyone know how that would be dealt with?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      It shouldn't be made permanent. They should have to bid on it periodically. If it is made permanent, they will have a tendency to get complacent.
      Given the current tourney status - that being a league sponsored dumpster fire - I'd settle for a little complacency.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I seem to recall that there is now another tourney in LP that would conflict with the ECACH championship tourney. Does anyone know how that would be dealt with?
        I believe the DIII men's tourney was there last year, I think the contract is up, or will be after this year
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Feel very much the same. I still would vote for Albany and deep down have always wished for MSG-which I knew would never happen.
          Re: keeping it open for bid... I agree w Ralph and DrD. And I would still pull for Albany. (I would have a much better chance of seeing Jenny driving DrD around in the Trabant with the tourney up here. ) Placid? My #2 choice.
          Here we come!

Comment

I would still pull for Albany. (I would have a much better chance of seeing Jenny driving DrD around in the Trabant with the tourney up here. )
            PS It's really raining hard this afternoon... I suspect the Golf outing has made it's way to the 19th hole by now. Will report later.
            Last edited by fr joe; 08-23-2012, 09:16 AM.
            Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              I believe the DIII men's tourney was there last year, I think the contract is up, or will be after this year
              The D-III Frozen Four contract is through 2014. There is talk that after the Frozen Four in Philly, the next Frozen Four will be a D-I / D-III combination event.

There will be a conflict the first season the ECAC moves back to Lake Placid. But, that can be solved by either having the tournament Friday, Sunday, or making the championship game an undercard to the D-III Championship game.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Given the current tourney status - that being a league sponsored dumpster fire - I'd settle for a little complacency.
                It's supposedly for three years. I am happy with that.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                  The D-III Frozen Four contract is through 2014. There is talk that after the Frozen Four in Philly, the next Frozen Four will be a D-I / D-III combination event.

There will be a conflict the first season the ECAC moves back to Lake Placid. But, that can be solved by either having the tournament Friday, Sunday, or making the championship game an undercard to the D-III Championship game.
                  An undercard? I hope that the ECAC didn't agree to that.

I too would prefer Albany since it would be easier to make last-minute arrangements, but LP makes sense for several reasons.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

An undercard? I hope that the ECAC didn't agree to that.
                    It's for one season. And, we'd be playing the undercard to a national championship game, not another conference's title game like we used to do in Boston. I think they can deal with it.

Hopefully, more light is shed on some of the specifics at Tuesday's press conference and some intelligent / intrepid (those are the words that AspyDad uses, right?) reporter can ask the right questions.
                    Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I'm cool with that...it'd actually be cool to meet some DIII folks and see the games. I know the lacrosse finals are combined that way - DI/DIII in the same venue, not surprised they are thinking of it for hockey.

Comment

The roster is up.

http://www.rpiathletics.com/roster.a...94&path=hockey (Change the year to 2012-13 if you go to the website. It's not the default yet. My link is direct to the 2012-13 roster)

Modry is apparently not back as the Volunteer AC.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-10-2012, 03:52 PM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The only thing with that is that they'd have to shift the schedules by a combination of three weeks (whether D-I earlier, D-III later, or a combination of the two). I can't wait to read the butthurt about that.

Comment

The roster is up.

http://www.rpiathletics.com/roster.a...94&path=hockey (Change the year to 2012-13. It's not the default yet.)
                            Sweet, Zalewski gets one of my lucky numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              The only thing with that is that they'd have to shift the schedules by a combination of three weeks (whether D-I earlier, D-III later, or a combination of the two). I can't wait to read the butthurt about that.
                              I'm sure Middlebury's president will find a way to blame RPI, Clarkson, and SLU for his university's athletic shortcomings again.
                              Go Red!!

Comment

[QUOTE=fr joe;5484871]
                                Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                                ... I would still pull for Albany. (I would have a much better chance of seeing Jenny driving DrD around in the Trabant with the tourney up here. )/QUOTE] Jillian's on North Pearl Street (closing tonight?) will be converted into parking garage for Trabants, adding a little zippiness to the whole North Pearl scene.

PS It's really raining hard this afternoon... I suspect the Golf outing has made it's way to the 19th hole by now. Will report later.
                                Tourney is Monday. Call me at home if you want details.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X