Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part II: (Insert Title Here)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Although I was a big fan of watching Pavel Bure-does anyone think his career stats were truly HOF worthy? He was as exciting as anyone but really only had 5 excellent years out of a career that lasted about 12 years.
    I agree. A great talent, could skate like the wind, but always seemed to be hurt and didn't play many full seasons. I thought Shannahan would get in today over Bure.

Comment

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part II: (Insert Title Here)

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Give it some time. Erik Cole will get in soon enough.
      Dave Taylor better get in before anyone else who wore the Green and Gold!
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Congrats to Adam Oates Well deserved. Nice article too. If I can guess Sadeghpour was talking about the playoff series against Colgate when Colgate jumped out to a two goal lead. Adessa looked at Oates and said we need a goal. Adam stick handled through the Colgate team drew both defenders over and put a perfect pass on Mike's stick. He buried it. Of course it probably wasn't the only time Oates got an assist.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
          Second NHL head coach, first Hall of Famer.
          Oates is the second former RPI player to become an NHL head coach.

If you count people once connected with the RPI program who went on to become NHL head coaches, then Ned Harkness would be a third.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Although I was a big fan of watching Pavel Bure-does anyone think his career stats were truly HOF worthy? He was as exciting as anyone but really only had 5 excellent years out of a career that lasted about 12 years.
            Those 5 years were enough for me. Those two 60 goal years were as pure as it gets. Who knows what might have been if the next year hadn't been lock-out shortened. He was simply one of the most entertaining players ever and if we are going to complain about longevity then Ken Dryden shouldn't be in either!

Enough about that though let's get to the real point ... Oates at last! Hooray for Adam. Well deserved indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
              Congrats to Adam Oates Well deserved. Nice article too. If I can guess Sadeghpour was talking about the playoff series against Colgate when Colgate jumped out to a two goal lead. Adessa looked at Oates and said we need a goal. Adam stick handled through the Colgate team drew both defenders over and put a perfect pass on Mike's stick. He buried it. Of course it probably wasn't the only time Oates got an assist.
              Which article are you referring to? (link?)
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 27 June 2012. There are 101 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Which article are you referring to? (link?)
                  Post 309

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                    Post 309
                    Thanks I missed that one. For some reason, RPI has ignored local articles in their listing http://rpiathletics.com/sports/2012/...626122116.aspx.

BTW, thwere are also a couple of articles in today's on-line Troy Record.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

22 on All-Academic team http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2011-1...-Academic_Team. It includes Koudys BTW if anyone still thinks that academics was why he left.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                        Those 5 years were enough for me. Those two 60 goal years were as pure as it gets. Who knows what might have been if the next year hadn't been lock-out shortened. He was simply one of the most entertaining players ever and if we are going to complain about longevity then Ken Dryden shouldn't be in either!

Enough about that though let's get to the real point ... Oates at last! Hooray for Adam. Well deserved indeed.
                        That is exactly the discussion-is a short career, even with some extremely effective years, enough to warrant a HOF induction? In any sport? I loved watching Bure-and had hoped when he came to the Rangers i could see him for many years flying up and down the ice. But I just do not know if a few years should qualify for such an honor. I have particularyly found it irksome for Baseball-and now perhaps hockey. Your point about Dryden is well taken-I think his career was also a bit short for inclusion-but he did do rather well in the Stanley Cup.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I would have put Shanahan in before Bure, but who cares today... It's Adam's time... http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...7mL/story.html
                          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

I have heard some rumors Oates maybe gay, has anyone else heard these rumors? Having family members who are it does not matter to me if he is I am just curious if it is true. Also curious if it is true what it might do to his coaching career should it become public knowledge. Especially since the majority of people seem to have an issue with it.

Comment

Originally posted by WillOutDrinkYou View Post
                              I have heard some rumors Oates maybe gay, has anyone else heard these rumors? Having family members who are it does not matter to me if he is I am just curious if it is true. Also curious if it is true what it might do to his coaching career should it become public knowledge. Especially since the majority of people seem to have an issue with it.
                              a

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                22 on All-Academic team http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2011-1...-Academic_Team. It includes Koudys BTW if anyone still thinks that academics was why he left.
                                Outstanding achievement by all on that list. Makes me proud to be a fan of ECAC hockey. Well done.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X