• Show
Clear All

• Northeastern Huskies 2012 Offseason

4th times a charm...
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2012 Offseason

Let's gets pumped for a new season of Huskies Hockey!!,awaiting some good news on the recruits and expect a great season.

Comment

If Uconn doesn't get in Hockey east, I'm defintely gonna root for the Husky brother Northeastern next season. I'm just getting into College hockey but really is pushing me to Northeastern is the abilty to watch the home games for free on the web. Uconn hockey gets zero coverage down here and thier site wants $80 bucks for all access. Course that would change if they got into Hockey east but we'll see.

Plus, Calhoun and one of the first Celtics players I grew up watching, Reggie Lewis came from that school...

Go Huskies!

More on topic, what are the expectations for NU from their fans/alumni this year?

Comment

Former Army defenseman Dax Lauwers commits to NU for next year.

http://huskyhockey.wordpress.com/201...-northeastern/
        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

First off, I would like to thank Roby and Madigan for letting Gilles out of his NLI. A competition between goalies for the starting role is something this team did not need as we have a clear proven #1 goalie in Rawlings. Having Gilles in our league as a member PC will undoubtedly make NU a better team and foster greater competition. Also, I would like to congratulate Madigan on his ability to retain players and his ability to put this team back on the right track; something Cronin wasn't already doing. Lastly, I would like to make clear my appreciation for Roby and all that he does for NU athletics. Being competitive and successful year after year in high profile athletics is a privilege that many schools do not experience.
          NU

Comment

Originally posted by NU4LIFE View Post
            First off, I would like to thank Roby and Madigan for letting Gilles out of his NLI. A competition between goalies for the starting role is something this team did not need as we have a clear proven #1 goalie in Rawlings. Having Gilles in our league as a member PC will undoubtedly make NU a better team and foster greater competition. Also, I would like to congratulate Madigan on his ability to retain players and his ability to put this team back on the right track; something Cronin wasn't already doing. Lastly, I would like to make clear my appreciation for Roby and all that he does for NU athletics. Being competitive and successful year after year in high profile athletics is a privilege that many schools do not experience.
            A possible nomination for most sarcastic post of the year??

Comment

Originally posted by NU4LIFE View Post
              You can't keep kids in their NLI. Who would sign here if they knew there was no backing out under any circumstance? The shame is that Madigan couldn't just say you'll probably get a good amount of playing time.
              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
                A possible nomination for most sarcastic post of the year??
                Has to be. There is no way that is a legitimate post.

Comment

You have to admit, that post does carry it's own peculiar charm...

Comment

Well, we certainly stocked up on D this offseason.
                    Northeastern Huskies

Comment

I don't chime in here much anymore, but here are my thoughts on the upcoming season. We have a lot of interesting pick ups on the blue line, if Madigan is half the scout that people claim him to be maybe we found a few diamonds in the rough. If they don't pan out and contribute this year, we're pucked. We know what we have in Rawlings (barf) and I have no confidence in our pre-madonna forwards to lead a high flying attack. I'm not bullish on this season, I don't think we make the playoffs, I think there is a lot of water leaking into the hull of the boat and if we suck this season then basically everything that cronin built us up to is completely lost as our momentum (for lack of better words) comes to a grinding halt (or maybe it already has, you could argue that too, I'll choose not to).
                      Arenas Attended
                      Matthews Arena
                      Agganis Arena
                      Tsongas Arena
                      Lawler Arena
                      Schneider Arena
                      Mullins Center
                      TD Banknorth Garden
                      Conte Forum
                      Whittemore Center
                      Gutterson Fieldhouse
                      Alfond Arena
                      Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

In regards to the attitude of the forwards, by all account they were embarrassed with the latter half of the season and are working to make sure there's no repeat this year. Whether or not that happens remains to be seen, but I think it does shed light on the manner in which they're approaching the year. I for one am optimistic that they'll have their heads on straight come October. I'd like to see big steps forward from Reid & Manno, both showed flashes of quality but were far too inconsistent for my liking.

I'd also like to see a shorter leash on Rawlings. I understand the whole concept of confidence, but I just couldn't see the value in sticking with Rawlings when he'd let up softies on a regular basis. Rawlings is the number 1 to start the season, but Witt needs more time if (god forbid) there's a repeat of the goaltending we saw in 2012.

Comment

Quailer signs with Montreal.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=634723

I believe he had a year of eligibility remaining with not playing in 2009-10.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                            Quailer signs with Montreal.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=634723

I believe he had a year of eligibility remaining with not playing in 2009-10.
                            You are correct, but he had his degree and it was time to move on. This was expected and planned for by the coaching staff. Let's hope he does finds his way to the Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                              You can't keep kids in their NLI. Who would sign here if they knew there was no backing out under any circumstance? The shame is that Madigan couldn't just say you'll probably get a good amount of playing time.
                              You think Parker or York would let a kid out only to go to another school? Why would you sign an LOI if you want to back out?
                              Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Working...
                              X