Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2012 Offseason

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
    According to canuckscout it is confirmed that Kevin Roy will be taking his talents to Matthews Arena this fall.
    Congratulations. Sounds like he'll (they'll) be a nice addition. Although I'm disappointed he didn't choose UVM, I'm thrilled he didn't choose BC or BU! Good luck this season.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
      Congratulations. Sounds like he'll (they'll) be a nice addition. Although I'm disappointed he didn't choose UVM, I'm thrilled he didn't choose BC or BU! Good luck this season.
      Thank you. You are a gentleman. I won't celebrate until the Canuckscout tweet is corroborated by USHR, Heisenberg or some other source that has credibility. the University would have liked to make the announcement, but it seems impossible to embargo information in an age of instant communication.

Best of luck to UVM this year. We really can empathize. At least you still have your Head Coach in place and a pretty good group of recruits. Hopefully your new ACs will bond quickly with your players, and that you'll be able to surprise some teams (other than NU, of course).

Comment

USHR
        Fri. 8/3/12

Roy Brothers to Northeastern
        High-scoring forward Kevin Roy and his older brother, goaltender Derick Roy, who decommitted from Brown University on July 22nd, officially committed to Northeastern University this afternoon.

Northeastern head hockey coach Jim Madigan contacted USHR this afternoon to state that the two brothers, natives of Lac-Beauport, Quebec who prepped at, respectively, Deerfield and St. Paul's before playing juniors, have decided to attend Northeastern University starting this fall.

There are a lot of issues here (see USHR News of 7/22/12) and Madigan, due to the fact that the two players have yet to be formally admitted into the university, was unable to address our questions on the record.

Madigan did say that he expected the brothers to be accepted, and that the paperwork would be wrapped up by Monday or Tuesday of next week. At that point, he said, he would be willing to go on the record.

Stay tuned.

Comment

Good get for NU. A little reverse karma for losing Gaudreau?

Comment

Certainly makes my day!

Comment

Certainly a different situation than what happened with Gaudreau, but regardless of that...can't say I'm disappointed to see Roy pick NU. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                ...can't say I'm disappointed to see Roy pick NU. Good luck.
                neither can i and it's good for HE

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Certainly a different situation than what happened with Gaudreau, but regardless of that...can't say I'm disappointed to see Roy pick NU. Good luck.
                  but more similiaries than differences. Both players saw their stock rise after originally committing to a "lower" program and wanted to play elsewhere, leaving their original commit team the summer before they were supposed to appear. The main difference being that Gaudreau was released from his LOI after NU's coach left and Roy not having a LOI at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                    but more similiaries than differences. Both players saw their stock rise after originally committing to a "lower" program and wanted to play elsewhere, leaving their original commit team the summer before they were supposed to appear. The main difference being that Gaudreau was released from his LOI after NU's coach left and Roy not having a LOI at all.
                    That is not at all why Gaudreau left. The coaching staff he wanted to play for was wiped clean. That simple. Can't blame him for leaving at all. If Cronin and co. stay, he's a Husky right now.

This is fantastic news for the Huskies though. Roy's going to be a top HE player from the get-go I think.
                    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      neither can i and it's good for HE
                      I agree. Good deal for the Huskies. Going to be fun this year.
                      Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

So.. very.. cool.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

A top 6 of:

Karlsson-Vermeesch-Saponari
                          Pimm-Roy-Ferreiro

all of a sudden is one of the best in the conference.
                          Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                          Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                            A top 6 of:

Karlsson-Vermeesch-Saponari
                            Pimm-Roy-Ferreiro

all of a sudden is one of the best in the conference.
                            More importantly, Roy will have good support with another experienced center and a goal scoring RW on his line. Vrolyk, Reid and Manno or Darcy or Belonger could turn out to be a solid third line.

Comment

Good luck with Roy and Keefe. Just remembers a rat is a rat, no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by KFBS View Post
                                Good luck with Roy and Keefe. Just remembers a rat is a rat, no matter what.
                                Who is Just and why does he care?
                                On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                                If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Working...
                                X