Northeastern Huskies 2012 Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2012 Offseason

Ross Olsson has a lot of raw potential. He has the potential to be a 1st round draft pick next year.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
      Ross Olsson has a lot of raw potential. He has the potential to be a 1st round draft pick next year.
      So what you're saying is he will never set foot on campus?
      On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
      If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Originally posted by HungryHungryHuskies View Post
        So what you're saying is he will never set foot on campus?
        Enough of that kind of thinking! He still has a lot to accomplish.

We'll worry about it when his "raw potential" is medium rare.

Comment

I doubt this will be a Ryan Johansen situation.
          Northeastern Huskies

Comment

FWIW...

Guy Flaming ‏@TPS_Guy
            Still waiting for an official announcement but I know @Roy_K15 HAS settled on where he will play next year. Sources suggest @GoNUathletics

Guy Flaming ‏@TPS_Guy
            Also, as expected, Derick Roy will join Kevin. I know the school has been decided because Roy told me so, but he wouldn't say which H.E. one

Scott McLaughlin ‏@smclaughlin9
            Re: Roy to NU. “@blackblueblog: @chrismpeters @TPS_Guy I can confirm that also from what I have heard.”
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Lincoln Stars Blog ‏@blackblueblog

Rumors hot and heavy today that Kevin Roy and his brother will attend Northeastern this fall. First heard about this in May, but kept quiet.
              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Thank you Baby Jesus.

/Counting my eggs before they've hatched
                On Jamie Oleksiak:

If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                  Enough of that kind of thinking! He still has a lot to accomplish.

We'll worry about it when his "raw potential" is medium rare.
                  Oh, come on... I was only kidding! Nothing wrong with a little levity.

For what it's worth, I actually met him at a home game against BC last year. I was sitting next to his uncle and then he called him over and we spoke briefly. Seemed like a pretty level-headed kid who really enjoyed Northeastern and I am actually pretty confident he will be here next year. I only hope they don't try to delay him a year.

Then again, he also said he had spoken with Jon Gillies and that Gillies would never decommit. :-x
                  On Jamie Oleksiak:

Comment

Lincoln Stars Blog ‏@blackblueblog

Rumors hot and heavy today that Kevin Roy and his brother will attend Northeastern this fall. First heard about this in May, but kept quiet.
                    This particular comment has whiskers on it. It's about two weeks old and came from Mike McMahon who writes the Merrimack "RinkRat" blog.

Comment

This particular comment has whiskers on it. It's about two weeks old and came from Mike McMahon who writes the Merrimack "RinkRat" blog.
                      I'm a rat? Gee, thanks. Feel free to drop me a DM, and I can tell you more off the record. I wouldn't lie about it. My source first told me about it in late May.
                      Black and Blue: The Unnoficial Lincoln Stars Blog

Comment

What does Mike McMahon have to do with this at all. You're incredibly mixed up right now.
                        Northeastern Huskies

Comment

What does Mike McMahon have to do with this at all. You're incredibly mixed up right now.
                          Not mixed up at all. He follows Merrimack hockey, but also monitors the going ons in college hockey and HEA in particular. Here are examples of his comments on our recent recruits.

.Northeastern receives commitment from Jason CottonOn July 12, 2012, in News, by Mike McMahon ....Northeastern has received a verbal commitment from ’95-born center Jason Cotton.

The towering 6-foot-3 (he’s only 17 years old) center finished with 39 points (14g-25a) in 40 games for the Colorado Thunderbirds U16 (Midget) team this past season.

He was drafted No. 35 overall by the Tri-City Storm (USHL) in the 2012 USHL Entry Draft. He’s expected to play for Tri-City this coming season.

Cotton, who also suited up for the 2012 USA U-18 team, is slated for arrival in the fall of 2014. He’s from the hockey hotbed of Murphy, Texas.

Tweet .0 Comments Leave A Response
                          .Northeastern lands ’95 defenseman Josh CouturierOn July 12, 2012, in News, by Mike McMahon ....Northeastern has received a verbal commitment from ’95-born defenseman Josh Couturier, who will likely debut with the Huskies in the 2014-15 season.

Couturier just completed his second season with the Jr. Bruins Empire team, posting 30 points (6g-24a) in 35 games after totaling 16 points (3g-13a) in 34 games last season with the same team. He also appeared in a pair of games for the Jr. Bruins’ EJHL team this past season, notching an assist.

The 6-foot-2, 175-pounder from Newbury, Mass. was drafted No. 123 overall by the Des Moines Buccaneers in the 2012 USHL Entry Draft. He was also selected No. 167 overall by the PEI Rocket in the 2012 QMJHL Entry Draft.

Before the Jr. Bruins, Couturier played locally for Central Catholic High School (Lawrence, Mass.)

Comment

Originally posted by Yeti View Post
                            I'm a rat? Gee, thanks. Feel free to drop me a DM, and I can tell you more off the record. I wouldn't lie about it. My source first told me about it in late May.
                            A rat? Certainly not. In fact you have a terrific Blog. I don't doubt for a moment that you heard about this in May. I have no time, but I try to be in tough later.

I appreciated your insights concering Brodie Reid two years ago. He turned out very well - just left too soon. NU and Lincoln seem to have an outstanding relationship.

Comment

Not mixed up at all. He follows Merrimack hockey, but also monitors the going ons in college hockey and HEA in particular. Here are examples of his comments on our recent recruits.

.Northeastern receives commitment from Jason CottonOn July 12, 2012, in News, by Mike McMahon ....Northeastern has received a verbal commitment from ’95-born center Jason Cotton.

The towering 6-foot-3 (he’s only 17 years old) center finished with 39 points (14g-25a) in 40 games for the Colorado Thunderbirds U16 (Midget) team this past season.

He was drafted No. 35 overall by the Tri-City Storm (USHL) in the 2012 USHL Entry Draft. He’s expected to play for Tri-City this coming season.

Cotton, who also suited up for the 2012 USA U-18 team, is slated for arrival in the fall of 2014. He’s from the hockey hotbed of Murphy, Texas.

Tweet .0 Comments Leave A Response
                              .Northeastern lands ’95 defenseman Josh CouturierOn July 12, 2012, in News, by Mike McMahon ....Northeastern has received a verbal commitment from ’95-born defenseman Josh Couturier, who will likely debut with the Huskies in the 2014-15 season.

Couturier just completed his second season with the Jr. Bruins Empire team, posting 30 points (6g-24a) in 35 games after totaling 16 points (3g-13a) in 34 games last season with the same team. He also appeared in a pair of games for the Jr. Bruins’ EJHL team this past season, notching an assist.

The 6-foot-2, 175-pounder from Newbury, Mass. was drafted No. 123 overall by the Des Moines Buccaneers in the 2012 USHL Entry Draft. He was also selected No. 167 overall by the PEI Rocket in the 2012 QMJHL Entry Draft.

Before the Jr. Bruins, Couturier played locally for Central Catholic High School (Lawrence, Mass.)

Yes but he had no knowledge in May of Roy coming to NU.
                              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

According to canuckscout it is confirmed that Kevin Roy will be taking his talents to Matthews Arena this fall.
                                Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Working...
                                X