Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    There is no #StateofHockey either.
    You're right, there isn't. There is the state of Minnesota, which has more youth hockey registrations, more D1 players produced annually, and more NHL players produced than any other state.

That's enough

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Totally serious, I thought you were talking about BC fans until that last part. BC grads have been trolling the $#!+ out of the NHL playoffs this year, and my twitter feed pretty much explodes when Gionta or someone else scores. But, we have (had) the Bruins. So it's not us you're baiting.

Having said that, if you seriously think I'm going to stop freaking out whenever Chris Kreider or any other BC grad pwns serious n00bage in the playoffs, you can GFY.
      They're pretty bad too. When you invent a little nickname, let me know.
      Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 05-05-2012, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        I think you're okay coz like you said, you've got the Bruins.

Unless, of course, you don't live in Mass. If you are a BC fan who lives in, say, Pawtucket, and you follow former BC players in the NHL, well, that's as creepy as creepy can be.

You degenerate freak.
        Ahemmmm....

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        Obsessing over players period is a little creepy.

Comment

Re: It's Awesome.....

this
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

You're right, there isn't. There is the state of Minnesota, which has more youth hockey registrations, more D1 players produced annually, and more NHL players produced than any other state.

That's enough
            Better be, because it appears it's all you've got.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              That and $8 will get him a Starbucks.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

There's nothing "creepy" about celebrating the success of college hockey players. In fact, celebrating the success of others is an admirable quality. Waht IS creepy is inflating your own ego by imagining causal similarities between yourself and the hockey star, stuff like: "We are both from the same state," or "We both attended the same school," or "I was a fan of his from the start." Posts often reveal the difference between writers celebrating the success of a hockey player and writers publicizing their connection to the player - and the imagined status the similarity conveys.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  It's really not. But if it were, I'd be content

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                    There's nothing "creepy" about celebrating the success of college hockey players. In fact, celebrating the success of others is an admirable quality. Waht IS creepy is inflating your own ego by imagining causal similarities between yourself and the hockey star, stuff like: "We are both from the same state," or "We both attended the same school," or "I was a fan of his from the start." Posts often reveal the difference between writers celebrating the success of a hockey player and writers publicizing their connection to the player - and the imagined status the similarity conveys.
                    Good post, but I have to disagree. I don't think following the success of ex-players alone is creepy. Some people take it quite a bit farther, and I'm convinced now more than ever it is an attempt to compensate for not having an NHL team.

And there is nothing creepy about civic pride, or being proud of your state's hockey culture. But maybe that's why Minnesota hockey is as great as it is and other states lag behind
                    Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 05-05-2012, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Good post, but I have to disagree. I don't think following the success of ex-players alone is creepy. Some people take it quite a bit farther, and I'm convinced now more than ever it is an attempt to compensate for not having an NHL team.

And there is nothing creepy about civic pride, or being proud of your state's hockey culture. But maybe that's why Minnesota hockey is as great as it is and other states lag behind
                      Are you autistic or OCD? Someone posted a thoughtful post a week or so ago comparing you to a kid he coached who would constantly pick up a water bottle knocked off the net by some of his teammates. You see, his teammates were teasing him by knocking it over because they knew he wouldn't be able to resist picking it up and putting it back on the net.

You never addressed that post - you usually don't address anything that doesn't fit your warped arguments or pulls back the curtain on what/who you really are.
                      National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                      two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                      b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                        Are you autistic or OCD? Someone posted a thoughtful post a week or so ago comparing you to a kid he coached who would constantly pick up a water bottle knocked off the net by some of his teammates. You see, his teammates were teasing him by knocking it over because they knew he wouldn't be able to resist picking it up and putting it back on the net.

You never addressed that post - you usually don't address anything that doesn't fit your warped arguments or pulls back the curtain on what/who you really are.
                        I don't address personal attacks. It's a waste of time, and they say enough about the poster's constitution without a reply from myself.

Make a rational, non-confrontational, non-sarcastic post and you will get a reply.
                        Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 05-05-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

"MN hockey enthusiast" is a HUGE understatement.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                            "MN hockey enthusiast" is a HUGE understatement.
                            Yeah, Doug Woog probably thinks Dubbs is a little extreme.

Comment

Jeff Dubay thinks he has trouble with self control.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                Jeff Dubay thinks he has trouble with self control.
                                *****http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/1291/commonman.jpg******
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X